Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Horde My biggest worries for Classic

1) Debuff slots
    Imagine Molten Core with the full 18 debuff slots. That would make it all the more easier than it already is. It would make the most sense to leave it a 6 (or was it 8?) slots. If we really want people to experience classic, debuff slots should be left as they were

2) AQ
    Now, with the coming and going of many private server, this tier has been a notorious guild killer, because for many people, they realized this raid was bollocks. I find it quite ironic, as many people never got to experience Naxx, and it may be the same case in Classic. The raid just wears down players to burnout and many just go and PvP with the AQ gear. Also, it really screws over hunters.

3) Gold
    Gold is extremely important in vanilla, probs more than many other xpacs, simply because of no dual spec. That being said, gold farmers will be ready at launch, with 10+ years of experience from farming on private servers. With this comes other real life money services like body guarding and speed leveling. I really hope Blizz cracks down on this somehow because it would really ruin everybody's experience.

4 The actual launch
    So we know many xpacs have had crazy launches, but in Classic the beginning will be a living nightmare. All of the serious hardcore raiders chilling on their private servers will have EVERY MAJOR MOB TAGGED. These guys practically have the fastest 1-60 grind memorized. That means for the average Joe you will get screwed over, big time. I fear this may turn off many people from classic before even getting into it.

Why are you putting Private servers at every 10 words ?

Private servers are shit, full of bugs and pay to win. Plus, you won't have serious commitment of people on a private server that you know it's going to close sooner or later, or they owner are going to cut your gold because they want to sell gold

So , don't worrie.

People who dont want classic and they are going to come play Classic are your biggest worries

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post

Private servers are shit, full of bugs and pay to win. Plus, you won't have serious commitment of people on a private server that you know it's going to close sooner or later, or they owner are going to cut your gold because they want to sell gold

So , don't worrie.

People who dont want classic and they are going to come play Classic are your biggest worries
    Not that I'm disagreeing here of course, but classic IN GENERAL had all of the issues he mentioned just in general on LIVE... people don't remember AT ALL the chaos things were back then.. So .. idk, I forsee Blizz making some changes for sure.

So , don't worrie.

Every 10 words? He said "private servers" a whole whopping three times...

which, by the way, is the same amount of times you said it, and your post is like a quarter of the size.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    2) AQ
    Now, with the coming and going of many private server, this tier has been a notorious guild killer, because for many people, they realized this raid was bollocks. I find it quite ironic, as many people never got to experience Naxx, and it may be the same case in Classic. The raid just wears down players to burnout and many just go and PvP with the AQ gear. Also, it really screws over hunters.
    A question that comes to mind here is if they are going to release all Vanilla raids right away, or release them over a 2 year period.

This could also have an impact on guilds and how people are going to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Every 10 words? He said "private servers" a whole whopping three times...

which, by the way, is the same amount of times you said it, and your post is like a quarter of the size.

People that come to the servers just to be dicks and ruin the experience are going to be the biggest problem. I really hope they get banned from classic AND the current cycle game as a result.

1. Not worried. Dont really care tbh. Wichever cap they put the players will adapt to it.
    2. Im not worried at all about any pve tuning, i managed to down everything in vanilla and im pretty sure it will be ALOT easier 2nd time around.
    3. Slightly worried about gold, if they increase server population far above what it were in vanilla grinding will become alot harder.
    4. Very worried about the launch. Standing and waiting for mob spawns and fighting for tags is not my version of a vanilla experience. Im hoping for dynamic spawnrates to be added as a feature. And that all named mobs/Qitems spawnrates to be looked over and decreased.

1) Debuff slots
    Imagine Molten Core with the full 18 debuff slots. That would make it all the more easier than it already is. It would make the most sense to leave it a 6 (or was it 8?) slots. If we really want people to experience classic, debuff slots should be left as they were

2) AQ

3) Gold
    Gold is extremely important in vanilla, probs more than many other xpacs, simply because of no dual spec. That being said, gold farmers will be ready at launch, with 10+ years of experience from farming on private servers. With this comes other real life money services like body guarding and speed leveling. I really hope Blizz cracks down on this somehow because it would really ruin everybody's experience.

4 The actual launch
    So we know many xpacs have had crazy launches, but in Classic the beginning will be a living nightmare. All of the serious hardcore raiders chilling on their private servers will have EVERY MAJOR MOB TAGGED. These guys practically have the fastest 1-60 grind memorized. That means for the average Joe you will get screwed over, big time. I fear this may turn off many people from classic before even getting into it.
    MC is already really easy and even pugs will be clearing it within weeks of release. It might affect the feel of the game but the content is really trivial in any case.

Gold is an issue but the game was filled with gold sellers and bots back in the day as well. That and it's not at all unlikely that Blizzard will let you buy and sell tokens anyway so theres your gold seller, right there.

Average Joe will fall way behind the hardcore pack right away and won't really be affected by these players. I doubt it's much of an issue. Griefers and such might be a bigger issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of the serious hardcore raiders chilling on their private servers will have EVERY MAJOR MOB TAGGED. These guys practically have the fastest 1-60 grind memorized. That means for the average Joe you will get screwed over, big time. I fear this may turn off many people from classic before even getting into it.
    Average Joe will have NO issues with the fastest levelers, exactly because Average Joe will first log in when hardcore levelers are 20-30 or more. They will never cross each other's paths in big numbers.
    Launch problems revolve around how many servers and how many people per server, since player population will drop quickly and drastically. And you don't want server merges in a game that is mostly about server communities.

My biggest concern is going to be how they handle servers. Everyone knows there will be a massive influx of players at the start, but a big number will drop off before reaching level 40.

How is Blizzard planning to handle the inevitable dead servers that occur as a result?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    People that come to the servers just to be dicks and ruin the experience are going to be the biggest problem. I really hope they get banned from classic AND the current cycle game as a result.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA o my god this is totally new. Please answer me:

1) How those baddies have the power to "ruin your experience"?

2) How do you know if this baddies is just a poor newbie?

3) So if i see someone ruining my experience on retail he must be banned also on classic?

4) Is it even possibile to ruin such a wonderful experience Classic WoW will be? Specially with helpful and open community, which i am sure you are part?

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA o my god this is totally new. Please answer me:

1) How those baddies have the power to "ruin your experience"?

2) How do you know if this baddies is just a poor newbie?

3) So if i see someone ruining my experience on retail he must be banned also on classic?

4) Is it even possibile to ruin such a wonderful experience Classic WoW will be? Specially with helpful and open community, which i am sure you are part?
    I mean your post is a good example. Its pointlessly blasting something for no reason other than you just don't agree or like it.

Also had nothing to do with bad players. Rather assholes purposely trying to ruin the experience of others. You might +1 if you actually read what you quoted.

Deleted
    I mean your post is a good example. Its pointlessly blasting something for no reason other than you just don't agree or like it.

Also had nothing to do with bad players. Rather assholes purposely trying to ruin the experience of others. You might +1 if you actually read what you quoted.
    Can you just answer at question number one?

1) How you can ruin the experience of another player?

Genuine question, so far the only thing i can think is corpse camping them. But i am sure you have a good answer.

And don't worry, i will never log in a Classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    My biggest concern is going to be how they handle servers. Everyone knows there will be a massive influx of players at the start, but a big number will drop off before reaching level 40.

How is Blizzard planning to handle the inevitable dead servers that occur as a result?
    Personally, I think this is a great chance for them to test out a megaserver concept using the sharding technology they've been rolling out. Make one pvp server and one pve server... mayyyyybe two of each (for east coast and west coast - and not counting EU and Asia of course). That's all we really need and it protects against the unavoidable dropoff or ever having dead servers in the future. They've said their server infrastructure can handle a ton more players now than it ever could before. Here's a golden opportunity to put that tech to work without really ruining any of the vanilla experience, and ensuring there is always sufficient population.

Most of them won't last past level 20 and occasionally jumping on their lowbie characters just to troll chats will eventually get boring.

Call me an optimist, but give it several months and Classic servers will clean themselves out. I find the people saying they will roll in Classic just to ninja raid loot particularly amusing! They're most likely the ones that will drop leveling like a hot potato.

Ignore the trolls. They're maladjusted kiddos not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Can you just answer at question number one?

1) How you can ruin the experience of another player?

Genuine question, so far the only thing i can think is corpse camping them. But i am sure you have a good answer.

And don't worry, i will never log in a Classic server.
    if you're never going to log into a classic server than why are u here? lmao

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    How can I ruin other's experience ? Teach me.
    Killing named, quest-required mobs.

Killing key quest givers.

Killing flight masters (although that was quite an undertaking in Vanilla).

You seem to have forgotten what griefers did before Legion tagging system. That would be the one feature of Legion which ought to be exported to Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic will have its issues, you can count on it.

5+ Year Old Account

So , don't worrie.

Ah, I think private servers are hard to ignore in the Classic discussion. I would also be careful when you say people aren't dedicated to classic servers. There definetly are people, and I think that is why Blizz went ahead with the decision to make Classic servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    A question that comes to mind here is if they are going to release all Vanilla raids right away, or release them over a 2 year period.

This could also have an impact on guilds and how people are going to raid.
    I think it is vital they release the content in the same, or relatively same, patch cycle. We wouldn't release WOTLK with ICC right away, would we? Also, some things brought in later patches break the game for earlier content (such as too many debuff slots for MC, which basically becomes a starter raid to gear for BWL.