Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Again, pick up a dictionary. People need food and shelter to survive, they'll accept any job to do that if needed.
    How can you be this sheltered? be honest.
    You can't argue with someone who's an ancap fanboy with no real life experience of a working poor family.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m not angry. I do wish Tim Hortons had Whoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Bet he's never experienced being rejected by a workplace who's manager was that of another race, and strictly only hired friends and family of their race.
    a business should be able to hire whoever they see fit for the job and reject business for any reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    at the very least that would be a small improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

you can get food and shelter for well below min wage. keep trying. no if they stay at that min paying job, then thats on them. they dont deserve a penny more then what they agreed to.
    You just said you dont want any min. wage, do you even follow your own discussion subjects? Companies paying only enough for food and will be common place.
    Oh.. maybe they'll get to live in those workhouses of the past, so much fun! I mean, they got shelter right?

- - - Updated - - -

a business should be able to hire whoever they see fit for the job and reject business for any reason.
    All business should be nationalized.

..You know, since you are putting up your most extreme opinion, I might as well do the same.

You just said you dont want any min. wage, do you even follow your own discussion subjects? Companies paying only enough for food and will be common place.
    Oh.. maybe they'll get to live in those workhouses of the past, so much fun! I mean, they got shelter right?
    i dont want min wage. however it exists. my point was even AT min wage, food and shelter are EASILY attainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    That article is not true.

The wage increase is an issue but tips aren't being held back lol

Link a better article that tells the whole story. The only winner in this debacle is the Government. They're the only group that is really getting a raise.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont want min wage. however it exists. my point was even AT min wage, food and shelter are EASILY attainable.
    We are talking about how you are in favor of companies exploiting workers, you said accepting any form of payment is not exploitation. Try to keep up with yourself.

...and again, you have no idea what a live-able wage in Canada is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    That article is not true.

The wage increase is an issue but tips aren't being held back lol

Link a better article that tells the whole story. The only winner in this debacle is the Government. They're the only group that is really getting a raise.
    Should be harsher on Hortons then, to really make it better for the worker class.

We are talking about how you are in favor of companies exploiting workers, you said accepting any form of payment is not exploitation. Try to keep up with yourself.

...and again, you have no idea what a live-able wage in Canada is.
    agreeing to an amount of pay is not exploitation, no matter how hard you dream it to be.

automation is good for the consumer anyways, our economy is too focused on employment in menial jobs,

15+ Year Old Account
    "Canadians are angry" is a blanket statement if I ever saw one..

I'm not mad at Tims. Their approach is ham-fisted, but leaves a telling message of things to come.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    agreeing to an amount of pay is not exploitation, no matter how hard you dream it to be.
    I keep explaining how people need food to survive, how having a job is a requirement to survive, how losing a job could mean not having food, how getting fired means you won't be-able to feed your kids, if you can not see how somebody would exploit that... Then I just don't know any more. Do you think everybody is just a good person deep inside?

You're either extremely naive and sheltered and have never known economic hardships, or you have no idea what the word 'exploit' means.

at the very least that would be a small improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

you can get food and shelter for well below min wage. keep trying. no if they stay at that min paying job, then thats on them. they dont deserve a penny more then what they agreed to.
    Unless you're living off the very hand-outs you were just decrying earlier, no where in the US can you get food and shelter for below minimum wage. I suspect Canada isn't much different. You should stay the fuck out of this thread until you get out of high school, kid. All you're doing right now is showing your ass.

Now I'm not wasting my time any further addressing this stupid shit, so don't bother replying, but you really need to

Grow.

The fuck.

Up.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

wait, so they will still shop there the other 6 days of the week and only boycott them on tuesdays? yeah, that will show them >_> if you don't like how someone does business - STOP giving them money. like completely stop, not do the grand show of only shopping there most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be harsher on Hortons then, to really make it better for the worker class.
    ? That doesn't make sense. Tim Hortons has nothing to do with the problem. They were already giving more than other minimum wage jobs and are now leveling themselves out to be the same as others.

Look up a few "real" articles on the situation and you'll understand how raising the minimum wage the way it was raised was a terrible thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Unless you're living off the very hand-outs you were just decrying earlier, no where in the US can you get food and shelter for below minimum wage. I suspect Canada isn't much different. You should stay the fuck out of this thread until you get out of high school, kid. All you're doing right now is showing your ass.

Now I'm not wasting my time any further addressing this stupid shit, so don't bother replying, but you really need to

Grow.

The fuck.

Up.
    of course you can get food and shelter for even less the min wage. get roommates, move somewhere cheaper, and find a better job. or be lazy and seek handouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    wait its legal in Canada to take their tips?
    They aren't even supposed to get tip, they don't have a waiter's salary they have a real fixed salary. Tip is taxable, so they would have to declare it, but they don't since it's not legal to collect tip with their type of work.

The Tim Horton is just applying the law. Same with their paid breaks. They don't have an affiliated syndicate so they goes under the Labour Standards and the rules under that are pretty stupid. That's the biggest issue here, those Standards needs to be changed because they are borderline slavery (in my opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    ? That doesn't make sense. Tim Hortons has nothing to do with the problem. They were already giving more than other minimum wage jobs and are now leveling themselves out to be the same as others.

Look up a few "real" articles on the situation and you'll understand how raising the minimum wage the way it was raised was a terrible thing to do.

Tim Hortons are the problem. i mean, its fine you don't care, but that won't change my opinion.

Reasons including race? My, wonder what people of colour would say if a white were to do this. Which they don't. Because their business would burn if they were to do so today.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course you can get food and shelter for even less the min wage. get roommates, move somewhere cheaper, and find a better job. or be lazy and seek handouts.
    Ye, by working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, because that will happen without min. wage and no strong unions.
    How the hell can you be so naive about what humans are capable off? Go read up about the industrial revolution in Europe.. or about the VoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Oh, you mean imposing an arbitrary minimum wage for no-skill slackers that want to make slinging coffee a career had the exact consequences even a mildly retarded economist could've told you? Surprise surprise.
    Would bet money this idiot never saw what a bill looked like outside maybe his phone bill (gotta have something to 'gram his pumpkin spice laté and his avocado toasts with, you know) until age 25.

A lot of the "no-skill slackers" you flack are doing this to live while pursuing higher education without being held by the hand by their parents until way past adulthood.

Besides, if these people can't make a living, who will brew your pumpkin spice latés? We're still way off full automation of these kinds of job (no, the giant Ipads Mcdonalds recently bought didn't make anyone lose their job).