Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Talbuk's & Elekks are from Argus, so are those blue deer in Azuremyst.
    Talbuks are from Argus, Elekks are from Draenor and the stags from Azuremyst are a native species.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Did you not hear Alleria? Without the light, there is no shadow.

Also Talbuks are argussian reach rep faction, so I vote for Lightforge Mechs as mounts, as that is what Army of the Light rep gives you
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

i know right? holy fucking shit
    its not like the current leader of the alliance is a priest who uses both the power and balance of light and shadow... That would be crazy right?
    o..oh... oh... ok...

Oh I've heard Alleria just fine. Except she doesn't speak for the lightforged who, at least when Xe'ra was around, were pretty straightforward in terms of shadow fellas. I doubt that would just magically disappear because Turalyon wants Alleria's purple va*ina or because some human kid uses both powers supposedly.
    At least so far I haven't seen enough convincing reasons to accept their forces on one side, especially why the actual fuck would the Lightforged - people who've seen the biggest threat to known universe - fight the Horde in some petty conflicts.
    Shadow being so dreadful to most races would rather push Void Elves to the Horde as exiles and rejected from Alliance, but that would make no gameplay sense to add second belves there. It would've been much more potential to create Alleria-Turalyon and shadow-light conflict further on. But yea, rule of cool and "balance".

Blizzard just messes things up again. Be it lore regarding what I've said here or Elekk's appearing on Argus.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krascara View Post
    By all estimates, the tradition of the draenei on Azeroth to keep Elekks is based on them encountering them and domesticating them on Draenor. The Lightforged Draenei were on the Xenedar and from what I gather, they did not accompany Velen and the others in their flight which ultimately ended up on Azeroth, so why in the world would they ride around on armored Elekks? It would rather stand to reason that their racial mount would be an armoured Talbuk, as it seems they are originally native to Argus. Not to mention how fucking badass a lightforged and plated talbuk with yellow glowing eyes would look. What drunk at Blizzard is in charge of these decisions?
    Because you know the lore better than the people who made it, yes? The stuff some of you people whine about, I swear.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    You can only buy the Elekks AFTER getting exalted with the AotL and as far as I recall, there are no wild Elekks or Elekks being used as mounts on Argus, it's purely a rep reward.

This means they lightforged them AFTER the Vindicaar landed and the AotL were introduced to Elekks through their long lost cousins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Well I've never bought one so I don't remember the exact price plus it's closer to 600k

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen people with the mount, just saying why pay so much when in likely less than a year you could get something similar significantly cheaper?
    as someone who has bought it
    its 500k exactly
    you just are not exalted yet.
    think you forget rep reduces the costs of things?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Oh I've heard Alleria just fine. Except she doesn't speak for the lightforged who, at least when Xe'ra was around, were pretty straightforward in terms of shadow fellas. I doubt that would just magically disappear because Turalyon wants Alleria's purple va*ina or because some human kid uses both powers supposedly.
    At least so far I haven't seen enough convincing reasons to accept their forces on one side, especially why the actual fuck would the Lightforged - people who've seen the biggest threat to known universe - fight the Horde in some petty conflicts.
    Shadow being so dreadful to most races would rather push Void Elves to the Horde as exiles and rejected from Alliance, but that would make no gameplay sense to add second belves there. It would've been much more potential to create Alleria-Turalyon and shadow-light conflict further on. But yea, rule of cool and "balance".

Blizzard just messes things up again. Be it lore regarding what I've said here or Elekk's appearing on Argus.
    The void is a power which can be harnessed, much like the light. Just because it lies on the opposite side of the spectrum doesn't mean that they will cast them aside. Take for example fire and water, they too are potentially destructive powers which lie on opposite sides of the spectrum and they easily coexist. Hell, shaman can even wield them simultaneously, just like shaman have the possibility to tap into the void if the elements are willing.

Aside from that, Alleria has proven that the void addled Krokun can be saved... or salvaged if you may. Those people are still the lightforged's people. Just because they are broken (broken, but still good) doesn't mean they will cast them aside. Ohana means family.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post

because the horde are threatening their brothers and sisters, those who were the main pushing force for going to help them.
    xera is no longer around, the lightforged can make their own choice. no blizzard did not mess up things, you just
    A. dont know the lore.
    B. horde fanboi so you dont quite get how accepting the alliance can be
    or
    C. havent even bothered to look at the PTR as to why the void elves join the alliance

A. don't know the lore

scourge was created by dreadlords btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

I've seen people with the mount, just saying why pay so much when in likely less than a year you could get something similar significantly cheaper?
    It's not next year is it?

So... that means it's the only thing. And if they did release a similar mount it would likely NOT be the same. Furthermore, by then in the future we'll be swimming in even more gold because blizz has yet to figure out how to make an in game economy work (look at how fucked engineering has always been or how alchemy got shafted on the prof side and world generated consumables have all but disappeared from the game).

edit:

if there's one thing wow has done abyssmally wrong.... it's propogating this idea of gold sinks as something optional that can be utterly ignored... proof? we found the gold cap back in TBC and they kept raising it. And by found, I mean had players reaching it without being uber crazy gold farmers.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-01-11 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone who has bought it
    its 500k exactly
    you just are not exalted yet.
    think you forget rep reduces the costs of things?
    Well I haven't played in while "shrugs" 500k or 600k it's still a large amount of credits lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I haven't played in while "shrugs" 500k or 600k it's still a large amount of credits lol
    credits? you mean gold?
    also the rep cost reduction has been in wow since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    credits? you mean gold?
    also the rep cost reduction has been in wow since vanilla.
    Yeah gold, been a long day and I don't remember every little mechanic in the game...not exactly a earth shattering mechanic that required dire attention to survive in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Mount journal for Blessed Felcrusher (AotL Paragon chest): ''After Alleria and Turalyon explained the usefulness of the Draenei's long-time companion animal, the Army of the Light brought several into the fold for training.''
    Soooo...Question. Considering Alleria and Turalyon were on Outland for an extremely short time before disappearing at the end of WC2, how in the hell did they get to know about the usefulness of the elekks? Would of they even ran into any Draenei during their short campaign in outland?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Soooo...Question. Considering Alleria and Turalyon were on Outland for an extremely short time before disappearing at the end of WC2, how in the hell did they get to know about the usefulness of the elekks? Would of they even ran into any Draenei during their short campaign in outland?
    Beats me. There were hints in WoD that they (Or atleast Alleria) had been to alternate Draenor at one point, but I dont know if that's canon or just a fun thing.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    No wonder Draenei can't be druids, thats two invasive species they introduced to Draenor that ran amok.
    That and driving giant crystals into the ground making the wildlife go crazy and rampage. I don’t want to think about the extinction event caused from the Genedar crashing into the species of orchid that was only growing in that one spot of Nagrand being nurtured by that rare bird that nested next to it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Could be Post-Legion. After Alleria and Tyralyon we’re back on Azeroth and had been talking to the other Draenei maybe they went and said “yo your other folk use the elephants. You should too and we can make them lightforged cause that’s what we do”