Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ah, yes. The personal insults. Acting like this will hold you back in life.
    In any case, this discussion is now over.
    I have no idea how this person is not banned by now. Flat out insane logic and probably flat out not healthy. Having 10,000 post with an account made in 2015. Every thread she can say what she wants and never gets banned. Yet I seen many people banned for less. Probably knows a moderator or something.

I think the rep requirement is stupid and probably wont go live. There is a quest to unlock the allied races and you have to buy the expansion. That is enough hoops to unlock a races. It's would be no different from any other new race they have added to the game.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    I have no idea how this person is not banned by now. Flat out insane logic and probably flat out not healthy. Having 10,000 post with an account made in 2015. Every thread she can say what she wants and never gets banned. Yet I seen many people banned for less. Probably knows a moderator or something.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is.
    It's easy to get carried away at times though. When it gets to that level however, it's best to just let it go.

lol it will go live. not enough reasoning behind the fight against it other than people just want to be lazy. maybe later down the road, mid-xpac, they will unlock them. just be glad you dont have to clear ridiculous amount of mythic achievements, which is content blizz devs want to make mandatory.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    He didn't like Blizzard forcing new players to play content, which will become more and more outdated with every coming patch, to unlock one of the major features of new expansion. It's like having you kill Kil'Jaeden in Sunwell 20 times (on one character) to unlock access to ToS.
    Yeah but Blizzard are known to deactivate that 1-2 expansions later when it's unrelated.

7+ Year Old Account
    "never been banned" you do know bans arnt permant on this website right? also as long as im not making actual personal insults. i was more of pointing out how the persons logic is that they should never ever have to earn anything, and that implies that they have done literally nothing in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is.
    It's easy to get carried away at times though. When it gets to that level however, it's best to just let it go.
    i do apologyze, more of just people like you who fight for "no one should ever have to work for anything" really make the game go downhill. also i had just woke up and had not had my coffee
    that kind of mindset is what added
    1. level boost
    2. lfr
    3. titanforging
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-01-11 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ya it's dumb. It would be like having to grind rep to unlock goblins and worgen or DK and DH.
    DK and DH actually do have requirements--level requirements.

Cosmetic race options != classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i do apologyze, more of just people like you who fight for "no one should ever have to work for anything" really make the game go downhill.
    1. level boost
    2. lfr
    3. titanforging
    No, you got that wrong.
    I never promoted the introduction of level boosts, I'm no fan of LFR and I simply despise titanforging.

I do however still think it's a bad idea to hide or lock important parts of a new expansion behind old quest chains that will be trivial for the people that do them after BfA is released. Having to unlock or work for something is fine but the way they did this, feels like an afterthought. They should just have added these new races with Legion if they wanted players to unlock them in Legion. Or just add extra quest chains in BfA for them. Quest chains that are actually at the appropriate level.

Again though, this does not affect me. I'm done with all of that.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you got that wrong.
    I never promoted the introduction of level boosts, I'm no fan of LFR and I simply despise titanforging.

I do however still think it's a bad idea to hide or lock important parts of a new expansion behind old quest chains that will be trivial for the people that do them after BfA is released. Having to unlock or work for something is fine but the way they did this, feels like an afterthought. They should just have added these new races with Legion if they wanted players to unlock them in Legion. Or just add extra quest chains in BfA for them. Quest chains that are actually at the appropriate level.

Again though, this does not affect me. I'm done with all of that.
    Yet.
    LFR was made so player didnt have to do old content to enter the new content
    Titanforging was made so people doing old content could boost up into the new content
    level boost also was made so epople would not need to do new content to reach the new content.

by trying to make the game needing to earn less and less. it makes way for stuff like lfr, level boosting, and titan forging. because then the games main focus is "not making people have to do old content"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yet.
    LFR was made so player didnt have to do old content to enter the new content
    Titanforging was made so people doing old content could boost up into the new content
    level boost also was made so epople would not need to do new content to reach the new content.

by trying to make the game needing to earn less and less. it makes way for stuff like lfr, level boosting, and titan forging. because then the games main focus is "not making people have to do old content"
    I doubt LFR or TF was made so that you could skip content.
    Boosts are for that and thoes were and still are a bad idea.

That said, having to go back to do content where you will just oneshot everything is hardly fun or intresting. It's tedious and pointless. Like pretty much all older content.
    With every expansion having a new set of levels, old content just becomes obsolete. There is no way around that unless you want to have everything scale to you but then whats the point of having levels at all?

I'm not saying you should get things for free, without any effort put in. I'm saying the content that Blizzard picked for these unlocks will be pointless once BfA is out.
    They might as well tell you to go back and kill zhevra in Barrans becuase thats about how intresting or fun it will be. It takes time but there is no fun there.

Why are you ppl attacking each other...no one here knows whats going to happen and everyone has the right to an opnion, you don't need to convince anyone or be convinced of anything.

1. level boost
    2. lfr
    3. titanforging
    Level boost was added so Blizzard can make more money, and because they abondon old content and want to sell an entirely new product each expansion. It had nothing to do with people being be lazy or not wanting to work for new characters. It was created by Blizzard, not by player demand.

LFR was implemented to create a space for non organized "raiding". It filled a gap that needed to be filled because the game was too heavily raid centric up until that point. It was a natural progression from dungeon finder and matchmaking systems, as well as implementing a 'story mode' so even the most casual player could see the full story. It was absolutely NOT created because people wanted to be lazy.

Titanforging....wut? Wtf does that have anything to do with people not working for gear? You're going to have a hard time explaining that one.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-01-11 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've heard a few people bring up an interesting point about buying the BFA expansion, with a perk being Allied Races, but then also having to "unlock" them and it feels weird you can't automatically get them for the purchase.

For me personally, I already have the achievements I need to play all the races so this doesn't apply to me, but I find the principle an interesting discussion point.

Do you think it's a valid concern that you have to "unlock" allied races that are pitched as a perk of buying the BFA expansion? Like you would have to "unlock" a Demon Hunter, even though you bought the expansion it and it was pitched as a main feature.

Or do you consider it something like buying an expansion with the opportunity to unlock said allied races, sort of like you buy Legion, but you don't automatically get access to 110. You have to work through the levels. Or although you bought Legion to play a Demon Hunter, you still had to level it. (Or do you contest those are even fair analogies).

On the other hand, the unlock requirements for the Legion-based allied races are... Legion content technically.
    Blizz is pitching the races as a feature for those who actually enjoy playing the game, and have all these achievements done already. Not those who just subs every 6 months to play 10 mins, then got to the forums and bitch about everything "wrong with the game".
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2018-01-11 at 04:09 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I can see both sides of this argument, but I definitely agree that reputation grinds can't even be considered content anymore. WoW just refuses to innovate and step up their game. it took them 13 years to come up with 5 man dungeons that become progressively harder? come on now.

I have every faction at exalted and I've hardly played legion, put maybe a week of total playtime over 2 years into WoD, and played a fair amount in MoP but only pvp'd. I played 12+ hours a day from age 12 in vanilla all the way to the end of cata. I never liked the grinding, and as soon as I discovered endgame it's very hard for me to go through any kind of questing experience even though I absolutely love the universe, and once I hit max level I completely ignore it unless it's required for end game progression.

Since allied races are a feature of the new expansion the people are paying for, it is stupid to put them behind a massive reputation grind that also requires you to have access to legion's content, meaning a major feature of an expansion is locked behind not only having a level 110+ character, but then sinking 10s of hours into each reputation to unlock each race.
    Last edited by rasako; 2018-01-11 at 04:13 AM.

You are not a pleasant person.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Level boost was added so Blizzard can make more money, and because they abondon old content and want to sell an entirely new product each expansion. It had nothing to do with people being be lazy or not wanting to work for new characters. It was created by Blizzard, not by player demand.
    Because power leveling services weren't a thing that existed?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Blizz is pitching the races as a feature for those who actually enjoy playing the game, and have all these achievements done already. Not those who just subs every 6 months to play 10 mins, then got to the forums and bitch about everything "wrong with the game".
    And what about those who are simply new to WoW completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    And what about those who are simply new to WoW completely?
    They will go get the achieves and rep. If their first thing is to bitch about needing rep to unlock the races, then they should just not play WoW.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Because power leveling services weren't a thing that existed?

Yes, they did. And primarily because Blizzard hadn't implemented their own system to skip outdated and irrelevant content yet.

Players didn't want to take advantage of a boost/power level because they were lazy. It was because it was largely pointless to slog through any content which wasn't part of the most recent expansion. It's not lazy to want to avoid something which is completely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yes, they did. And primarily because Blizzard hadn't implemented their own system to skip outdated and irrelevant content yet.

Players didn't want to take advantage of a boost/power level because they were lazy. It was because it was largely pointless to slog through any content which wasn't part of the most recent expansion. It's not lazy to want to avoid something which is completely irrelevant.
    Well that's a definition of player demand, players said "we want to skip leveling content" and blizzard said "okay here you go a level boost". I also have to remind you about "level boost beta", aka recruit a friend, where your with you friend could dump levels at each other and fill you account with level 60 characters in days, which was extremely popular to the point of people buying a second wow account and leveling their alts this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You really did miss the whole point, holy...

Look Angemon I don't think I can help you if you missed the whole point of my post. I was not talking about the content being current content or not. Nor did I make reference if the content is new or not.

May the digigods bless you and your cringe avatar.
    Oh, we reached the ad hominem phase. Good.