Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why would they want to downgrade from a decent/good race to a shit one? Hopefully the answer is 0 because no one should play Void Elves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, seems like. I like Void Elves because it fits with my main Spec of my Main character (Shadow Priest). Not sure what is "edgy" about them... I think people just hate Elves for some reason *shrug*.
    They're tragic heroes, "misunderstood" by their people for their strange obsession with dangerous powers. Seems pretty edgy.

Void Elves make sense for Blood Elf Shadow Priests... Or if you like space...
    Blood Elf Shadow Priests make even more sense for Blood Elf Shadow Priests, and Regular Draenei Shadow Priests are for people who like Space, given that they are Space Goats.

No reason to roll a garbage race.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, the "tragic" part is kind of a subjective thing... Shadow Priests actively use Void Magic, they see that as being part of the "Balance" thing... if you listened to the Alleria story. Neither the Light or the Shadow, by themselves, see the whole "truth" in the Universe. As both are part of the whole. Not one, or the other.
    Eh, I would call them tragic heroes because they think they're making a noble sacrifice to help their people and end up spurned by them (to then go on to the Alliance and actively kill their old brethren...).

I doubt anyone will change. It just means that blood elf lovers will likely go void elf if their guild swiches faction or their RL friends tempt them over. the void hairstyles will just be something to look forward too, but not enough to change.

Deleted
    I love Blood Elves who use the Fel without becoming little bimbos or cannonfodder for the Legion, so i will stay with my Blood Elf Warlock and Demonhunter. The Void is of no interest to me. I get a bad Starcraft Vibe with all the Voidlord Story anyway.

Silvermoon/Eversong Woods >> Telogrus Rift ? No.
    Lor'themar,Liadrin and Rommath >> Alleria and ........ ? No.
    Never!!

Void Elves can't be Death Knights, don't have a red hair option (that I like at least there is one kind of pinkish red one) and I prefer Horde PvP armor colors (one of which is my go to transmog. So no plans to reroll, even if it was avaible to DKs. I do plan on leveling a Void Elf Rogue though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, my female blood elf warrior is going back to a goblin, panda, or changed to a nightborne (pending, depends if that fox furry race becomes playable, otherwise my 110 boosted rogue will stay nightborne).

My DH will always be a BE and that's enough for me.

I'm one of those players were I hate having more than than one of the same race for my characters. Gotta keep shit fresh.

Void Elves nearly destroyed my homeland, used the teachings of the traitor who dropped the shield so Arthas could invade, and now betray their own people and fight against them with a human dick-powered Windrunner who swore allegiance to the Boy King as their leader. No amount of Hentai tentacles can make me race change to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    It's less about RPing "stereotypes" and more about RPing "special snowflakes" in my opinion! Now don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that you RP whatever you want - it's just that I, no offense, wouldn't want to be involved with your RP (which wouldn't happen anyway I guess). But if you do it with your friends: have fun and best of luck!

Yeah, I know, and Blizzard will hopefully never fall for them. The less they are like blood elves and humans, the more approved they can be I think. Makes them stand out more and being less of a 'copy-paste' deal.
    Well I never liked the term "special snowflakes" the way some people use it. In a world like Warcraft things are very varied.
    We know that lorewise anyone can use nature magic. So a high elf taking that up and claling herself a Forest elf is really not a special snowflake, just not a stereotype.
    A Special snowflake would be the illegimitimate child of Arthas and Illidan that has mastered the Light, Arcane and Fel magic at the same time.

Void elves are perfect to be used in RP to represent High elves.
    They may not 100% look like High elves, but they sure as heck look more like High elves than Night elves...which is what people used to RP High elves before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Well I never liked the term "special snowflakes" the way some people use it. In a world like Warcraft things are very varied.
    We know that lorewise anyone can use nature magic. So a high elf taking that up and claling herself a Forest elf is really not a special snowflake, just not a stereotype.
    A Special snowflake would be the illegimitimate child of Arthas and Illidan that has mastered the Light, Arcane and Fel magic at the same time.

Void elves are perfect to be used in RP to represent High elves.
    They may not 100% look like High elves, but they sure as heck look more like High elves than Night elves...which is what people used to RP High elves before.
    While I agree partly, it's still rather questionable to RP a race (Even though Void elves and high elves are the same, but you get my point) which isn't actually playable. But as I've mentioned to someone else on this thread: If they RP a character in a special way, and that person & those involved like it: go right ahead, you have my blessings and I hope you can carry on having fun in WoW!

time to rep grind...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Honestly, why would anyone race/faction change just so they can go from pink/red elf to blue/purple elf? I just don't get it.

I'm guessing someone that deep into RP looks already have no friends, so they won't have to worry about leaving their guild/friends behind when they faction change, but still.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly RP/Lore reasons... Not that there is a lot of Void Elf Lore, but if you play a character that already uses void magic, like a Warlock, or a Shadow Priest, the Void Elfs are an attractive race... if you are a Blood Elf Shadow Priest (my main is) you could make it be that your character just became a Void Elf from using Shadow Magic.

Besides that it's also something new... and their starting zone music is pretty cool, if you like space, void magic and elves that is.
    I mean, if you're big into looks and have no friends/guild, then sure, faction change. Just be aware that no one will see your VELF and think you're cool for playing one. In fact, I'm guessing VELF players will be made fun of and looked at as a 'guilty pleasure' pick just like BELFs are.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I will stick with my main Blood Elf Hunter, i like it how it is (and i like my lore), i do think that the VE are attractive for those that like the BE, but are in the Alliance because of preference or just... friends (guild, etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Its "For Alleria!" their actual battle cry?
    I hope not!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Horde player, so pass. I imagine by now people are fairly settled into their factions. But maybe I am wrong.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    I will not reroll, but I will make me a couple of Void Elf alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Void Elves nearly destroyed my homeland, used the teachings of the traitor who dropped the shield so Arthas could invade, and now betray their own people and fight against them with a human dick-powered Windrunner who swore allegiance to the Boy King as their leader. No amount of Hentai tentacles can make me race change to them.
    You have a point here. Beside that, I really look forward to get Zandalari trolls! Need a Zandalari loa priestess ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    Unless Void Elves get a fleshtone skin, the average Blood Elf player isn't going to leave to be a zombie version of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    i would but they are on the wrong faction compared to my guild and friends so i will be sticking to belf until undead elves / dark rangers are a thing
    I love how ironic these two posts are, ahaha

prolly gonna make my warlock a void elf.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk