Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It'll just be another random mmo that will die out in its first year.

I think the only mmo that survived in the past years and is still (or is it?) going strong is FFXIV.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is of zero threat. Rob Pardo isn't particularly well known, and his new studio is just that, a new studio. Presuming that they are not going to license from an established universe it will also mean a completely new story. If Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings couldn't break WoW's dominance then a random story by some guy that most people haven't heard of isn't going to have an effect either.

Final Fantasy does well because it was an established game universe with a metric fuckton of prominance, especially in the Playstation and Japanese market.

The only real threat that Classic Servers have is from Current Servers.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Star Citizen???

I hope this game will be amazing and Blizzard sees this as a base for Wow 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Who?

Also who cares? There's like 4 MMOs coming out with better graphics and better systems that match that older MMO sense of playstyle.

Shit Pantheon is enough to drain Classic alone. As soon as people realize it's gonna be the same garbage they've already played with nothing new they'll leave en masse.

- - - Updated - - -

ESO is in a good spot as well. Also I'm pretty sure TERA still has a pretty loyal playerbase.
    ESO was really garbage at release tho (hence the need to go f2p) but i don't know how it is now after all the updates so I trust you.

I'm not really counting all the asian mmos because I think they're all kinda popular in the east not so much in the west.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    Star Citizen???

I hope this game will be amazing and Blizzard sees this as a base for Wow 2.
    Is this game not out yet ? i remember that my friend who works/worked on it asked me to donate so I did and it allowed me to get a big space machine or whatever it's called... but it's been like what 4-5 years ago ? (or a really long time).

But tbh Star citizen will compete with Eve online and not the traditional mmos unless it's not all about the battleships war ?

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The way i see it, the key to success of vanilla is that it will have an in game community. The problem is that rob pardo is dedicated to releasing his own mmo type game with a strong focus on an in game community. Myself, i consider legion to be the “end” of wow and im planning on switching to pardos mmo. Vanilla is just there as a backup in case pardos effort sucks (and i dont think it will). In short, vanilla is coming too late. Im already moving on. Thoughts?
    We don't even have details about the new mmo and your already jumping ship. I smell a troll, but I also hope its an mmo based on hello kitty just so I can imagine you playing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Who?

Also who cares? There's like 4 MMOs coming out with better graphics and better systems that match that older MMO sense of playstyle.

Shit Pantheon is enough to drain Classic alone. As soon as people realize it's gonna be the same garbage they've already played with nothing new they'll leave en masse.
    Pantheon is catering to the EQ/Ultima crowd. The vanilla/classic WoW playerbase is too casual for that game.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

The most anticipated new MMO coming out maybe this year is Crowfall. Honestly, I liked the look of it, but when I saw the cash show that lets you buy so much stuff, I was completely turned off. Sure it's all cosmetic, but when all the coolest stuff is locked behind a cash shop, then what's the point in playing? I won't be supporting that kind of game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Is this game not out yet ? i remember that my friend who works/worked on it asked me to donate so I did and it allowed me to get a big space machine or whatever it's called... but it's been like what 4-5 years ago ? (or a really long time).

But tbh Star citizen will compete with Eve online and not the traditional mmos unless it's not all about the battleships war ?
    Star Citizen is basically a must-buy for everyone who calls themselves a gamer. A game like this comes along maybe once in your lifetime. It's basically a game that is being freely created by a team of developers with major input from the fans, and there are no company share holders who restrict or push it out before it's finished.

Sure it could be shit. It could be in a genre you don't like. But it will be a gaming phenomenon once it officially launches.

Who the hell is Rob Pardo.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Who the hell is Rob Pardo.
    Do the mysteries of Google elude you?

From the first result of googling "rob pardo"
    Rob Pardo (born June 9, 1970) was the Chief Creative Officer at Blizzard Entertainment,[1] resigning on July 3, 2014.[2] Previously he was the Executive Vice President of Game Design at Blizzard Entertainment, and prior to that the lead designer of World of Warcraft. In 2006, he was named by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.[3]
    Basically he was the one who made WC3 and WoW from Vanilla to Wrath... better known as the glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbangz View Post
    you do realise overwatch is project titan right?
    It's not. It's a very small bit of it (PvP) that was changed tremendously.

This is a non-issue.

In addition, this thread has nothing to do with Vanilla WoW and it is therefore pointless.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    ESO was really garbage at release tho (hence the need to go f2p) but i don't know how it is now after all the updates so I trust you.

I'm not really counting all the asian mmos because I think they're all kinda popular in the east not so much in the west.

- - - Updated - - -

Star Citizen is the highest crowd funded game ever by a mile at this point. A mile might not even do it. They have so much money they are just inventing new things to throw into the game.

Anyway there are some core systems that arent finnished yet so they arent ready for a proper release.

Seems like your friend made the mistake of his life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wizbangz View Post
    you do realise overwatch is project titan right?
    Source?
    /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Nah, that's one and only Mark Kern
    Yea they didnt want him blocking their attempts at ruining the game.
    He agreed to leave.
    They made their changes -> the game died within fev months.

So yea, Grummz rules hes making em8er which looks interesting and the only moron here is micka steelspark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    wow is like zelda and pokemon it cant die to much fanbois and nostalgia
    Thats a pretty bad comparisson tbh.

WoW gets expansions where has the other two consistently get completely new games that actually avolved a lot over the years.

Less people play wow today where as Botw was basicly hailed by anyone who matters in the gaming community as the best game of the decade at the least

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Source?
    /10char
    It is common knowledge that, after spending $50 million developing Project Titan, Blizzard decided to go another direction. They cancelled the project, and used many of Titans' assets to make Overwatch.

Project Titan.... to Overwatch...

ok now that's out of teh way.

Also, on teh subject of mmo's that 'fail' in recent years? they've failed in much the same way movies 'fail' if they don't get 4/5 or 9/10 scores... Quite a few are still around and doing fine and retain players, but not retaining stupid amoutns of players that is simply beyond normal (like what WoW has gotten people thinking.

also anyone saying Star Citizen is 'just' space ship battles comparable to Eve... hasn't been paying attention to what they're trying to do with that game (also still in alpha?)

edit:

tldr - Jeff and Chris among other blizzard staff sit down and talk about the endeavor to make the next 'wow' and how they got burnt out and say "hey that looks like more fun!" and boom #Overwatch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It is common knowledge that, after spending $50 million developing Project Titan, Blizzard decided to go another direction. They cancelled the project, and used many of Titans' assets to make Overwatch.
    Its common knowledge in nazi circles that jews are bad.

What are your sources of proof of these statements?

Blizzard did a panel about it at BlizzCon.

Google is your friend. It is not my job to educate the uneducated.