Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then design the world to actually use and involve the sky instead of trying to pretend it doesn't exist, all so you can force people into the ground ratmaze that stretches weak content.
    For me, once you unlock Flying at 60, it should never be taken away - not even by Pathfinder bullshit.

But for anything like you or I suggest to happen, Blizzard definitely needs not only to improve mob's air awareness, but also rework Mounts, fall damage and surrounding mechanics.

I made a suggestion once regarding all that, but people were raging so much about wanting flying yesterday that very little constructive feedback was provided.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2018-01-12 at 05:43 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    stop being so pedantic. they want you to experience questing from the ground so they lock it behind an achievement heavily tied to questing. Remember when they locked queuing for heroic behind proving grounds? Not really the best experience.
    actuallty is was MUCH better.
    but it did suck for those people too bad to do proving grounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    So no one can put forth any valid reason why every aspect of the game should not be locked behind pathfinder other than "reasons"?
    You want a valid reason? Not everybody wants to do every aspect of the game. Not everybody wants to PvP. Not everybody wants to raid via LFR. Hell not everybody wants to do random dungeons either. Some people just want to go about their business and do all the quests while others want to sit back and level up alts to max level and then do it all over again (actually had a former co-worker who used to do exactly that). Pathfinder is a reward for people who want flying on their account for the effort they've put in the game. I hate it. I still don't have WOD flying for that damn reason. I refuse to do any pathfinder. I would much rather pay for unlocking flying on an individual basis or even account wide instead.

This came up in discussion today. Since blizzard's current "development team" is insistent on literally forcing every player to "complete" all the "hard work" they put into the game, should blizzard not extend pathfinder requirement beyond just flying? Should they not also gate the ability to join battle grounds, flag for PVP and even join raids via the queue system behind the pathfinder achievement, that way ensuring that everyone "participates" in the all the supposed "hard work" the developers put into the expansion leveling experience?

If you disagree, WHY do you disagree? Why lock just one single aspect behind pathfinder? Shouldn't the entire game be time gated to ENSURE participation in blizzard's mandatory activities?
    Pathfinder shows you've mastered world PvE content.
    Flying is a reward that largely makes world PvE content trival/faster.
    PvP shouldn't be behind it because it's not PvE content, nor is it a reward.
    queueing for raids shouldn't be gated, because they aren't world content, nor are they a reward.

There's your reasons OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    No the OP also wants PvP locked behind the pathfinder achievement too.
    The topic is " Should Blizzard Lock PVP Behind Pathfinder Achievement?" I care little what the OP wants.

Pathfinder is fine.

Flying trivializes world-content, so you have to complete SOME (not all) world-content to unlock it...which is absolutely reasonable. Flying does not have any effect on dungeons, raiding or instanced PvP.
    It DOES have an impact on world-PvP, yes...so i could imagine a world where Blizzard eventually disables flying if you use the toggle. The PvP shards will see a LOT of iteration during BFA anyway. Nobody knows where they will eventually end up at. But whereever that place is: It won't have anything to do with pathfinder.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-01-12 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I suspected, you cannot put forth a valid reason not to lock all content behind pathfinder. That IS the original question you know, if you bothered to read beyond the title (if you are capable)
    If you lock ALL content behind pathfinder, exactly what is left? While I'm at it... What exactly are we supposed to do during the expansion while they decide what is going to be involved in pathfinder?

- - - Updated - - -

You are assuming the false argument that flying is a "minor" feature, even though blizzard sells flying mounts for cash in the game store, and the collector's editions come with a FLYING mount, also sold for cash.

Also, PVP is most certainly a MINOR aspect of this PVE game. Why should it be treated any differently?
    What exactly do you propose to do with the PVP servers?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    People explained the reasons before:
    1. They want you to experience the leveling and questing experience from the ground, without it being harmed by flying.
    2. Once you've done enough of that questing on the ground (by unlocking the achievement), then they wish to give you the freedom to fly.
    This has already been proven false, or at least only true in the barest technical definition. If they simply wanted people to experience the ground first, there wouldn't be any need for an arbitrary 8 month lockout that was based on nothing to do with ground completion.

ROFL, read your arguing points again, then explain how Pathfinder has any relevance to flying. Pathfinder is just an arbitrary list of tasks that aren't connected or explained in any meaningful way.
    ROFL think again what aspect of the game does flying trivialize? word content, what does pathfinder require?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you are being obtuse. Stealth, invisibility and demon hunter glide allows you to skip content (which some of you so conveniently fail to admit and address), yet somehow you think THIS form of skipping content is "ok." Your hypocrisy knows no bounds does it?
    Sir, you are the obtuse one. Lets lock dungeons, raids, fishing, crafting, PVP and whatever reason YOU play the game behind pathfinding.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    ROFL think again what aspect of the game does flying trivialize? word content, what does pathfinder require?
    Open world PVE content is already largely trivial. Flying doesn't change that.

You also didn't address the topic. Pathfinder is 100% arbitrary. It's not tied to the lore, nor explained in any quest. There's no tie to anything other than "Blizzard said so".

10+ Year Old Account
    they should lock pathfinder behind flying. That'll show Blizzarsygfasdfvhjvbcdvaf adssdbvavgffsbsdfbvb

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We all know that the pathfinder achievement is just Blizzard being petulant because players repeatedly told them their idea of no flight was shit. It's an extremely dumb way of doing things. It doesn't make sense for flying, it wouldn't make sense for other aspects of the game either and you know it.

Open world PVE content is already largely trivial. Flying doesn't change that.

You also didn't address the topic. Pathfinder is 100% arbitrary. It's not tied to the lore, nor explained in any quest. There's no tie to anything other than "Blizzard said so".
    it's all tied together by being World PvE content. Quick review of the requirements;
    Part one;
    Explore the Broken isles, See all the World on foot
    Loremaster of Legion, do all the World questlines from launch
    100 World quests, You've now done a bunch of world quests on your way to the next achieve
    Exalted with the launch factions. 100 WQs, and lore master will have you pretty close to this anyway.
    Do your Class Orderhall campaign, Class specific questline that largely takes place in the world.

Part two;
    Have part one done.
    Explore the island that came out in that patch.
    Get Revered with the new faction from that patch, again through World Quests.

I don't know how you don't see they're all tied together through being World activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    it's all tied together by being World PvE content. Quick review of the requirements;
    Part one;
    Explore the Broken isles, See all the World on foot
    Loremaster of Legion, do all the World questlines from launch
    100 World quests, You've now done a bunch of world quests on your way to the next achieve
    Exalted with the launch factions. 100 WQs, and lore master will have you pretty close to this anyway.
    Do your Class Orderhall campaign, Class specific questline that largely takes place in the world.

Part two;
    Have part one done.
    Explore the island that came out in that patch.
    Get Revered with the new faction from that patch, again through World Quests.

I don't know how you don't see they're all tied together through being World activities.
    You conveniently left out the part of "Wait 8 months for no reason".

Regardless, what does something being open world content have to do with locking flight? TBC through MoP all had content which was both open and closed to flying without Pathfinder. What makes Pathfinder magically mandatory or tied to access or enjoyable open world content in any meaningful way?

Maybe content should stand on its own merits instead of having to force players into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    For me, once you unlock Flying at 60, it should never be taken away - not even by Pathfinder bullshit.

But for anything like you or I suggest to happen, Blizzard definitely needs not only to improve mob's air awareness, but also rework Mounts, fall damage and surrounding mechanics.

I made a suggestion once regarding all that, but people were raging so much about wanting flying yesterday that very little constructive feedback was provided.
    Oh, trust me, I've been over the argument from both sides with a fine toothed comb. It's entirely possible to make an open world that uses flight, but without a complete overhaul of the game mechanics. Obviously an overhaul would be ideal, but it's not required.

But good luck getting any current Blizzard fan to realize this. Blizzard says something and they treat it like infallible truth.

Deleted
    Way to start another war about pathfinder achievement.

Why not lock it behind an unrelated achivement?
    Because PvP is an integral part of every MMO, while a flying mount is not.
    What we currently have locked behind "pathfinder" is actually connected to what is needed to complete the achievement. How? Once you have it said thing becomes a lot easier and faster.

Locking PvP behind PvE content on the other hand would hardly make any sense at all. Some would argue a system like that is already in place; you need to be level 10 to quee for the 1st BG after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Did it really come up in discussion today? Did it? Pathfinder is a joke.

You'd be surprised at what topics come up when idiots start talking to each other

Which sort of drugs are you on and where can I get them?
    The idea of pathfinder aside from being a abitrary barrier is the exploration of the zones on the ground. Where exactly does gating pvp content fit into this? It doesn’t.

Regardless, what does something being open world content have to do with locking flight?
    Flight is a reward that exclusively benefits you doing open World Content. It has no benefit what so ever in a raid, or in instanced PvP, or instanced PvE.
    The idea is you show that you've actually done the open world content, and you get rewarded with Flying to make it easier/faster/more convenient to do.

This came up in discussion today. Since blizzard's current "development team" is insistent on literally forcing every player to "complete" all the "hard work" they put into the game, should blizzard not extend pathfinder requirement beyond just flying? Should they not also gate the ability to join battle grounds, flag for PVP and even join raids via the queue system behind the pathfinder achievement, that way ensuring that everyone "participates" in the all the supposed "hard work" the developers put into the expansion leveling experience?

If you disagree, WHY do you disagree? Why lock just one single aspect behind pathfinder? Shouldn't the entire game be time gated to ENSURE participation in blizzard's mandatory activities?
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees (without random bg)

and then lock all raiding besides lfr behind as retarded reqirements as flying is locked

this would make game immersing again and build back the community that people want to much - raiders and pvper woudl help each other and build so needed bonds and social interactions

i love this idea

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You want a valid reason? Not everybody wants to do every aspect of the game. Not everybody wants to PvP. Not everybody wants to raid via LFR. Hell not everybody wants to do random dungeons either. Some people just want to go about their business and do all the quests while others want to sit back and level up alts to max level and then do it all over again (actually had a former co-worker who used to do exactly that). Pathfinder is a reward for people who want flying on their account for the effort they've put in the game. I hate it. I still don't have WOD flying for that damn reason. I refuse to do any pathfinder. I would much rather pay for unlocking flying on an individual basis or even account wide instead.
    so what ? most of people dont want to do pathfinder for flying yet they are forced to

blizzard should lock everything including pet battles behind pathfinders