Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    what i heard about american beer is that it tastes like water compared to the german beer im always drinking, but never tried it but will because im traveling in the US this year!
    You're right the standard American beer (Budweiser, Coors, Michelob) is really terrible. But the good thing is craft beer has taken off massively in the last 10 years. I drive past two of craft breweries on my 15 mile drive to work. You can definitely find good German style beers in USA.
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2018-01-12 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    You're right the standard American beer (Budweiser, Coors, Michelob) is really terrible. But the good thing is craft beer has taken off massively in the last 10 years. I drive past two of them on my 15 mile drive to work. You can definitely find good German style beers in USA.
    I'm looking forward to it!
    I tried some craft beer at a festival but didnt asked where it was from but the ones I tried were really good

Well yes we do have shit weather on average, but that has helped us in the past. One example is the manchester cotton mills; the damp miserable weather made the cotton less likely to snap and so it was a perfect place to make a large industrial city. Of course now the mills are gone and we are left with the shit weather.

I live in the UK and I think of it as grey and miserable.

Of course we have sunny days. But judging from the publics reaction when we do ("You guys have any disposable BBQs for sale?" "No mate it's february, just because its sunny doesn't mean it's summer") it is the popular opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I live in the UK and I think of it as grey and miserable.

Of course we have sunny days. But judging from the publics reaction when we do ("You guys have any disposable BBQs for sale?" "No mate it's february, just because its sunny doesn't mean it's summer") it is the popular opinion.
    Ahah what the hell this is the first time I've ever heard of a disposable BBQ. Learn something new every day

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Ahah what the hell this is the first time I've ever heard of a disposable BBQ. Learn something new every day
    When your climate is as ours, it isn't worth investing in a proper BBQ for those "10 days in your lifetime it would be good BBQ weather"; we have to steal our BBQ days as and when we can, nobody "plans" a BBQ for the next weekend because there's very little guarantee the weather will make it worthwhile, most are planned on the morning ofthe event after looking outside and seeing no clouds for a change.

Hence the disposable
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    When your climate is as ours, it isn't worth investing in a proper BBQ for those "10 days in your lifetime it would be good BBQ weather"; we have to steal our BBQ days as and when we can, nobody "plans" a BBQ for the next weekend because there's very little guarantee the weather will make it worthwhile, most are planned on the morning ofthe event after looking outside and seeing no clouds for a change.

Hence the disposable
    BBQ is a way of life here in Texas so rain or shine we'll find a way to grill but I can see how the disposable makes sense. Good BBQ pits take up a lot of space anyways so whatever works for y'all

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wish it was. Summer is the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    You means it ISN'T? *proceeds to look outside* ... Nope, still grey foggy and rainy. Oh well.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Adam’s attempt to drum up business for British tourism, by claiming the weather isn’t as bad as people think, has been scuppered by other British posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    *looks out the window*

Shit, it's foggy right now.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

It's not always raining, but its not Spain or Italy for sure

Define "always".

Always as per the dictionary - no.

Always as a general exaggeration for "a whole lot more than pleasantly enough" - yes.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So the UK has this misconception that it's always raining, foggy and grey... Do you believe this?

Granted in Autumn and Winter the weather is usually overcast and miserable but come Spring and Summer we do get some awesome sunshine!
    Not really. That might be the first thing that pops to mind when someone mentions the UK, but I think most people understand that isn't always the case. It is much the same with Russia and a lot of people immediately picture snow and gloomy skies even though logically it can't be like that all the time everywhere in Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Um no? When I visited that is exactly how it was. Almost every day too. I wouldn't want to live there.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not British anymore if you defected.
    You have never left Canada

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I was in the UK visiting family for 3 weeks over Christmas and I saw the sun once....
    That's because it's Winter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So the UK has this misconception that it's always raining, foggy and grey... Do you believe this?

Granted in Autumn and Winter the weather is usually overcast and miserable but come Spring and Summer we do get some awesome sunshine!
    I live in the UK. The stereotype is pretty much accurate, most of the time.

Deleted

Summer here

Deleted
    I came to the UK for an exam 2 months ago and so far all I have seen is rain, snow and fog. I have forgotten what the sun even looks like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Adam’s attempt to drum up business for British tourism, by claiming the weather isn’t as bad as people think, has been scuppered by other British posters.
    I never said it wasn't bad I said it isn't always bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I came to the UK for an exam 2 months ago and so far all I have seen is rain, snow and fog. I have forgotten what the sun even looks like.
    Again welcome to Winter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow
    I never said it wasn't bad I said it isn't always bad
    Indeed, wasn't there a pretty decent Tuesday in July?

Besides, did you never watch the Avengers? If there wasn't always a constant threat of rain, how could John Steed get away with carrying

an umbrella?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.