10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Sanchez at utd wouldn't be a good fit. The little man needs to be the star of the team and we already got Lingard and fellaini for that.

If he wants a swap for zlatan so we get rid of one used up big name for another then sure
    Yeah, think Zlatan is done, couldn't do anything when he came back and now he's out another month, so won't see much if any more of him. That's why we're in the market.

Draxler pictured w/ Sead
    Griezmann pictured w/ Laca, Monreal & Bellerin

BlessRNG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We use wingbacks, Valancia covers the right just fine, we're using Young or Shaw on the left. That only makes this more confusing, not less; while it's the left needs fixing, Alexis isn't what we need.
    When I said Winger, I didn't mean an out and out Winger, more an AMR/RF. They do need someone who can put a cross in though.

Man Utd play a 4-2-3-1 normally, those 3 behind the Striker, are AML/LF, AMC and AMR/RF.

If Sanchez did come in, he'd replace Martial/Rashford in AML/LF. Still leaving Man Utd with no natural AMR/RF.

If Shaw can stay fit and not get another bad injury, then Man Utd won't need to fix LB. He's still got huge potential.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-01-12 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I heard his name for the first time two days ago and I've seen three videos of him on Youtube and let me tell you right now he's gonna be the best player in the Prem. Welcome to Arsenal.
    I heard Depay's name for the first time two days before he came to United and I had seen three videos of him on YouTube and let me tell you right now he was gonna be the best player in the Prem. Welcome to Manchester United.

Wait a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Whenever I see this Malcolm guy mentioned, I just think of Frankie Muniz.
    Same. 10/char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I heard Depay's name for the first time two days before he came to United and I had seen three videos of him on YouTube and let me tell you right now he was gonna be the best player in the Prem. Welcome to Manchester United.

Wait a minute...
    To be fair Depay was really good in PSV and back then people were still under the illusion that playing like a god in the Dutch league meant something. Luckily, nowadays people have started to realize that it means jack shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    To be fair Depay was really good in PSV and back then people were still under the illusion that playing like a god in the Dutch league meant something. Luckily, nowadays people have started to realize that it means jack shit.
    Wait, people really thought that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it's the reason players like Depay got bought on a whim. The Dutch league has lost a lot of quality in the past ten years. There are many reasons for it and probably predominantly due to talent leaving at a way too young age. I personally think the fact that 7 out of 18 teams play on a plastic turf does not help.

Chalk it down to van Nistelrooy, van Persie and Suarez lasting longer in the memory than Afonso Alves and Jozy Alitdore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stam too. What a player.

Depay was for sure a good talent (and still is IMO) and after the World Cup he stayed at PSV for one season despite the rumours which was good. But he should have gone to a smaller club before ManU where they have the tendency to label every new signing "The New Ronaldo". Ligue 1 might not be the thoughest league but he is playing really well.

Bayern won away to Leverkusen 3-1! A really good performance against a team that is unbeaten in 12 games, in the end Bayern were under pressure but they were solid enough. James scored a beautiful freekick in the last minutes, worth looking it up.

On the subject of James: He played a very good overall game and the transfer seems more like one of the steals of the summer. He has good understanding with the other players and I can't wait to see him and Thiago play together in top form!

Deleted
    Depay was overhyped and didn't perform, lost confidence etc.

Now he's trying to rebuild his career in a less high profile club where he isn't even close to the best player.

Sad really. I wonder how he sleeps a night.
    Answer: on a huge pile of money with strippers.

Yeah I think the easy answer with players like Depay/Januzaj is getting thrown into the limelight way too early and people expecting them to do wonders. It has almost become a catch 22 where there's not a lot of amazing young players breaking through in the top PL teams but the ones that get the chance kinda choke so they're hesitant to give that chance to more young players.

Even if you look at Eriksen who is amazing now, Spurs were pretty patient with him and he got time to adjust. I would say he did well when he arrived but he has grown into his role more and more with every season and someone like Depay wouldn't get that time at Man United.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Depay was overhyped and didn't perform, lost confidence etc.

Now he's trying to rebuild his career in a less high profile club where he isn't even close to the best player.

Sad really. I wonder how he sleeps a night.
    Answer: on a huge pile of money with strippers.
    thought he was solid for your mob

Palace on a quest to sign every Sahko in the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    RVP returning to Feyenoord. Wonder how that will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    thought he was solid for your mob

Palace on a quest to sign every Sahko in the league.
    He has scored and assisted plenty this season if I'm not mistaken. But Fekir has been insane so he is undoubtedly their best player IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    RVP returning to Feyenoord. Wonder how that will turn out.
    To be honest, my parents are excited. I personally think it is great for Feyenoord even though RVP's physical shape remains a mystery seeing as he hasn't played since August last year. In the long run however he will be valuable just like Huntelaar is valuable to Ajax.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Depay was for sure a good talent (and still is IMO) and after the World Cup he stayed at PSV for one season despite the rumours which was good. But he should have gone to a smaller club before ManU where they have the tendency to label every new signing "The New Ronaldo". Ligue 1 might not be the thoughest league but he is playing really well.
    Yeah, agreed. Then van Gaal brought him to ManU as he had a good relationship with Depay on the WC2014 but ManU is not a place to buy promising talent. Depay is now at the right place, if he can shows consistency in Ligue 1 then he might be ready for a move to a big league. The Dutch league is a joke at the moment. If van Nistelrooij would play there now he'd score 40+ goals a season.

Genuinely thought RVP had retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Genuinely thought RVP had retired.
    He came out of retirement to join Man United. Won a Premier League trophy and decided to call it a day.

Nice headlines this morning. Spartak Moscow tweeted a video of black players training, saying "this is how chocolate melts in the sun". Meanwhile former Chelsea youth coaches are being accused of being racist to kids. Other news topics include the grass being green and water being very, very wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.