Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Getting to 60 was very much an achievement, it was a slog with a ton of grinding and hitting 60 was so so sweet.

And your whole metric of "it shouldn't take more than a day or 2? Where are you getting this? I mean if it's meant to be that short why not 12 hours or just get rid of it?

YOU don't like it. MOST others do. Sorry bud.
    how is getting to 60 an achievement now? it was back then yes but how is an achievement now? you haven't actually achieved anything by only getting 60-110/120 levels

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    how is getting to 60 an achievement now? it was back then yes but how is an achievement now? you haven't actually achieved anything by only getting 60-110/120 levels
    I misread, I thought you were referring to vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Has anyone in the thread actually gone onto the PTR and leveled a character from level 1 to 110? I would be interested to know exactly how long it took with the proposed changes in place and the relative challenge vs. the current system.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

ppl who lvled in ptr declared that it takes a couple of more hours which is not a massive change imo...
    personally i think its a good change and im going to lvl 1 or 2 character although i have all desirable classes.
    and in long term i think it will be boring and annoying if you want to lvl many characters which in this case i would go for a RaF.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Good for you. You're in the minority.
    Don't think it's a minority when it's been requested for years consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I haven't been able to do more than barely set foot into Twilight Highlands for years because all the exp nerfs to shit at 85 and the intro is all it takes to get from 84 to 85 these days... It's the zone I want to do the most when this goes live simply because I haven't been able to in soooooo long.

Bring on the glorious changes Blizz <3
    I recently levelled a Deathknight with heirlooms from early 70s to 110. For 80 to 85 it was:

Hyjal until 82
    Deepholme until 83
    Uldum until 84
    Twilight Highlands until 85

I probably did 2 or 3 dungeons total while doing the zones.

Twilight Highlands from 84 to 85 needed the starting harbour area plus the early Wildhammer quests where you put out the fires and collect stuff. Hyjal is the only zone in which I was anywhere near getting half way through the zone's quests. I dislike levelling as much as anyone, but the Cataclysm experience is just plain awful simply because it leaves most of the content completely irrelevant.

I'd rather take a little longer and actually have stuff to do than it take less time and have me mindlessly spamming through zones.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-01-13 at 02:31 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I misread, I thought you were referring to vanilla.
    nope i started in bc enjoyed levelling the 1st few times then hated it, leveled a few more coz i wanted to see new quests and level a druid without having to do that god awful nelf start zone now they are just making it take longer with nothing else added ive seen and done all the quests, theres no incentive for me to level at a slower pace.

alied races are new yes but none of the 4 interest me. so if i cant get it over with fast i wont do it and wont like it

if you like this change then good for you. But I made this thread to inform those who are unaware and don't want to have to suffer through slow leveling. If I helped one person realize this and spared them the pain of slow leveling, then the goal of this thread is accomplished and I am happy. Sorry if me having a different opinion than you upsets you,
    but I just want to inform those who share in my opinion even if I'm in the minority
    I don't like this change because they are not doing enough.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I haven't been able to do more than barely set foot into Twilight Highlands for years because all the exp nerfs to shit at 85 and the intro is all it takes to get from 84 to 85 these days... It's the zone I want to do the most when this goes live simply because I haven't been able to in soooooo long.

Bring on the glorious changes Blizz <3
    Early Legion I leveled a character 80-90 purely on Cataclysm content, and that only needed Hyjal/Vashjir/Deepholm, didn't touch Uldum or Highlands at all despite massive reduced xp. Of course this is with heirlooms/rested xp but still.

7.3.5 I might actually do it "properly" especially Twilight Highlands and Dread Wastes are 2 zones I am looking forward to.

Did some testing on PTR, you could even do some "dailies" and get xp from those too. In places like Vale of Blossoms for example which isn't a strict 90 zone anymore but 85+.

Also flying right away in Pandaria is nice.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-13 at 02:34 PM.

Honestly I have been holding out for my levelling because I want to finally do the rest of the missing loremaster achievements that were added in cataclysm.

30% more exp to level in total, nerfed exp per quest
    (+) 30% exp total
    (+) Increased mob health in some places after the squish (is that even coming in 7.3.5?)
    (-) Green mobs and quests giving down to 10% of their experience reward.
    (-) Having to travel somewhere else halfway through a zone instead of going through the questchains which often conveniently take you to the next zone when finished.

I'd be surprised if the net result isn't overall faster.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    nope i started in bc enjoyed levelling the 1st few times then hated it, leveled a few more coz i wanted to see new quests and level a druid without having to do that god awful nelf start zone now they are just making it take longer with nothing else added ive seen and done all the quests, theres no incentive for me to level at a slower pace.

alied races are new yes but none of the 4 interest me. so if i cant get it over with fast i wont do it and wont like it
    Unfortunately for every major change has people who don't like it, sucks but I think in this case most will be happy for it. But it really isn't that much longer than now so it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And maybe some people want to walk to work every day. I think we should force everyone to walk to work.
    We're talking a game here, bud. People are bitching about being "forced" to do things in an entirely optional hobby whilst sitting on their ass indoors in a comfortable chair when there are numerous options available to boot.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-13 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Keep thinking it's a plot to sell more boosts if that makes you happy, because it clearly doesn't have anything to do with how incredibly quick and near pointless level 1 to 60 or even 90 is nowdays.
    It is , in part, a "plot" to increase boost sales... but also make the leveling experience for those who want to do it more enjoyable and worthwhile.

As it is, it is completely a joke and ANY time doing it is a waste... and people STILL buy boosts.

Now it will have an actually playable leveling experience, and increase the boost sales for Blizz... a Win-Win for them.

But yes... if you are an alt junkie (I have 22 level 110's) you would want to level now.... but then again I quit playing and won;t be back at all for BoA... So if you are like me just walk away now before Legion 2.0 hits.

I'm waiting for Classic... the game was a blast back then and still is on private servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    boo hoo you actually have to play all of the game. so sad for you sadsac.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Has anyone in the thread actually gone onto the PTR and leveled a character from level 1 to 110? I would be interested to know exactly how long it took with the proposed changes in place and the relative challenge vs. the current system.
    until 40 with same routes it was around half an hour (only doing quests) and pick of xp change is between lvl 20-40. but doing dungeons as a tank or healer with fast queues was much faster than ptr. i just compared questing .
    about hp of mobs and how doing quests looks like i can say its like lvling in new expansions with a boosted characters...you cant pull a massive pack and aoe them down
    . at most you can pull 2 mobs and kill them.
    and with heirloom nerf their stats looks like green/rare items in same lvl.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    + 30% exp
    + Mob health in some places after the squish (is that even coming in 7.3.5?)
    - Green mobs and quests giving down to 10% of their experience reward.
    - Having to travel somewhere else halfway through a zone instead of going through the questchains which often conveniently take you to the next zone when finished.

I'd be surprised if the net result isn't overall faster.
    Kill XP will be a huge extra contribution to Increase of speed for sure.

Unless you go over an expansion cap (Example like being 90 in Pandaria for example greatly reduced the kill/gathering xp as usual)

Also you can fly in Pandaria at 80 right away = faster speed moving around.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-13 at 02:47 PM.

I leveled all my toons when I was still horde. There are a lot of zone I never leveled through since jumping to Alliance. I tested the changes and they were fantastic and I look forward to leveling through zone I never did.

Unfortunately for every major change has people who don't like it, sucks but I think in this case most will be happy for it. But it really isn't that much longer than now so it's not too bad.
    tbh ur properly right, my issue with what they did is ive done the quests multiple times so if i leveled light forged for example the only interesting thing id get would be the starer quests rest would just take longer coz its boring and ive done them all be4, if they had added in more quests or changed some it would have been better imo.

if im going to do something i dont like there needs to be something interesting in it for me.

ill give an example i dont like pvp but i do it because the prestige system rewards mounts and i like collecting mmounts

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Kill XP will be a huge extra contribution to Increase of speed for sure.

Unless you go over an expansion cap (Example like being 90 in Pandaria for example greatly reduced the kill/gathering xp as usual)

Also you can fly in Pandaria at 80 right away = faster speed moving around.
    Leveling from 80-90 in Pandaria and 60-80 in Northrend is also faster. Both because the quests are more streamlined and because you don't have to go from one continent to the next.