Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    LOL
    You act like eating dogs is some form of a Gateway to make it acceptable to eat humans. But good logic

Since I ate some chicken today I can eat a human now too thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

You can easily Domesticate Pigs as well as other animals these days. Also Domesticated Pigs are normally bred to be much smaller for pet owners.
    When a chicken is capable of love, self sacrifce, and empathy like a dog trust me, I will consider everyone eating them to be at least as stupid as I do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    And thats a fine way to think, but why stop at humans? They are animals too, nothing more certainly. Love is just a chemical in the brain, infact dogs release the same chemical when they look at humans they have bonded with as humans look at their kids. So some humans would die for you, big deal. Dogs will often do that too so its not a big deal. Is it the opposable thumb thats holding you back? Can always just not eat that part.

Just what is it about humans that you will not eat them too?
    Oh come on now, a dog would never die fighting off an attacker for its owner. They only care about their bowl of shitty biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    What's wrong with eating humans?
    This is my thing. All these scumbags saying eating dog is ok because its just an animal blah blah. That is a logical argument until you say you won't eat a human too. Stick to your guns and go full savage. Its like a guy going 70 in a 65, saying the dudes doing 65 are pussies but the guy going 75? Hes a god damn nut.

You can easily Domesticate Pigs as well as other animals these days. Also Domesticated Pigs are normally bred to be much smaller for pet owners.
    Of course you can domesticate pigs and I've heard they can be as loyal as any dog. But they don't have the history with mankind that dogs do.

The term "man's best friend" isn't an exaggeration or a pointless cutesy term. Dogs are the animal that has historically helped humanity in their growth the most, maybe at best rivaled by horses, another animal that people don't commonly eat. To a lot of people, killing and eating a creature that literally has the instinct to serve humans in its genetic code is morally wrong and I can't blame them. As someone who's not a dog person I can't relate as well as others but I can absolutely see why it bothers the hell out of people.

When a chicken is capable of love, self sacrifce, and empathy like a dog trust me, I will consider everyone eating them to be at least as stupid as I do you.
    Chickens are capable of feeling Empathy.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...s-believe.html

Can a Dog Play a Piano like this? nope, no animal is as talented as the Chicken.

Oh and they're intelligent too.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-14 at 11:08 AM.

"Chickens are capable of feeling empathy, scientists believe"

Can a Dog Play a Piano like this? nope, no animal is as talented as the Chicken.

Oh and they're intelligent too.
    Well you got me good there. Most people don't know that being able to count is proof of "love, self sacrifce, and empathy like a dog" and not just you whiffing out terribly. Let this be a lesson to all of your haters. But it is true and one of the main reasons I won't eat a calculator.

But on a serious note, you are either so dumb you think counting to 6 is proof of love and empathy or you are a troll. Either case I wash my hands of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    To say a Dog is more sentient or even more intelligent than cows and pigs is neive and pretty much just the propaganda and popular belief people accept in order to feel good about eating these animals
    Propaganda???????

Dann this thread is cray

Well you got me good there. Most people don't know that being able to count is proof of "love, self sacrifce, and empathy like a dog" and not just you whiffing out terribly. Let this be a lesson to all of your haters. But it is true and one of the main reasons I won't eat a calculator.

But on a serious note, you are either so dumb you think counting to 6 is proof of love and empathy or you are a troll. Either case I wash my hands of you.
    Chickens are capable of feeling Empathy.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scie...s-believe.html

rek'd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Propaganda???????

Dann this thread is cray
    Yeah I know this Pro Dog Propaganda on the internet is getting annoying. Snowflake Youtube vids on Trending! SJW's are so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Of course you can domesticate pigs and I've heard they can be as loyal as any dog. But they don't have the history with mankind that dogs do.

The term "man's best friend" isn't an exaggeration or a pointless cutesy term. Dogs are the animal that has historically helped humanity in their growth the most, maybe at best rivaled by horses, another animal that people don't commonly eat. To a lot of people, killing and eating a creature that literally has the instinct to serve humans in its genetic code is morally wrong and I can't blame them. As someone who's not a dog person I can't relate as well as others but I can absolutely see why it bothers the hell out of people.
    For what it's worth, horse meat was commonly eaten by nomadic tribes, the very people whose livelihoods would have depended the most on horses, so there's no real contradiction between depending on an animal for survival and also eating it as food. From the perspective of a modern city dweller, it's a bit different because you would pretty much never actually encounter chickens, pigs, or cattle and so dogs and cats would be special since they'd be the only animals you would really empathize with on any level. However, most of the people who do still eat dogs and cats would not have this same perspective and would probably see them the same way as any other animal.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Another Shinra thread, oh boy. The boycott is about the treatment not necessarily the eating

- - - Updated - - -

It's illegal in some places
    Irony of you making a snide comment about some other person making ridiculous threads just made me fall out of my chair laughing.

15+ Year Old Account
    This topic is getting debated to death. Both in previous Yulin threads and stuff like this.

Its nothing wrong with eating dogs, especially not the ones bred for consumption. What is wrong is malpractice and bad treatment of the protein. It happens in all protein sources, but when its dogs we get all our panties in a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Pigs are not as Empathetic Are Omnivores and Prey Animals.

Dogs are extremely Empathetic, Are carnivores and Predator Animals.

Emotionally, Dogs are more Capable and are instinctually empathized with by humans.

Dietry, Dogs are extremely poor source of nutrition, with meat that is less flavorful or even with decent texture due to being a carnivore predator species.

You cannot "Farm" Dogs logically, Humanity did not hunt Wolves to eat. Every single point of eating dogs is illogical and nothing but Gluttony.
    Everything underlined has nothing to do with the question of the moral opposition to eating dog and everything bold is flat out not true. Soooooooooo yeah...

Here's a moral issue....pigs and humans are extremely similar in physiology. So much so, we can share organs and numerous diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Neither does a Vegan.
    hahahahaha, that it is horseshit.

You know precisely dick and fuck all compared to what I know about farmed animals in the US. As a person that has a farmed animal sanctuary and who has actually rescued farmed animals from conditions so bad it gave a cop PTSD, I can confidently declare I know exactly what I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm not a farmer, or an expert, but I do about the Humane Slaughter Act, and while I'm confident abuse happens, there are laws and tools to deal with it. Instead of telling me that I know nothing, perhaps you enlighten the thread with your knowledge?
    There are laws against speeding. Does that mean speeding doesn't happen or rarely does?

The USDA is understaffed and actually at the mercy of the major slaughterhouses. The slaughterhouses dictate when and where the USDA can inspect the various parts of the operation. Look into the book called Fast Food Nation.

Also, google:
    - what these actual rules call for
    - factory farm line speeds
    - egg farming and cage free egg farming
    - the life of a dairy cow
    - captive bolt gun

You do the research, so you know I'm not lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, roosters will fight predators to protect their hens, they will also mourn if one dies. I've seen these things with my own eyes. Further, when we mow the chicken yard, one chicken will walk in front of the mower slowly because all the other chickens are eating the grubs/seeds/etc being kicked up by the mower. Then the one keeping the mower going slow, will get to eat while one that was eating will take that one's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Yet many people don't have a problem with cooking lobsters while they are alive, or eating veal.
    Lobster's don't have nerve endings and thus can't feel pain. I agree with killing them first but they don't feel anything either way.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    The last sentance is nonsense... nobody is saying to go to go to your house and take your pet for food.....

In any places that have an over population of cats/dogs, it should be reasonable to eat. People hold cows, pigs, goats in high regards but people ignore them because it's the norm for you.
    it was an attempt at a joke. lighten up.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Irony of you making a snide comment about some other person making ridiculous threads just made me fall out of my chair laughing.
    I don't troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah except they dont because they enjoy the taste of the meat after its been skinned alive.
    You can quickly cut their central nervous system then skin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a concept, there's nothing wrong with eating dog.
    In practice however, it's often done in reprehensible ways that cause undue pain and suffering on the animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    As long as something is edible I would say feel free to eat it.

I think I won't go any further than hot-dogs.