Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Havoc Demon Hunter - Secret Techniques Tips & Tricks (SHARE)

Hello
    I've been having tons of fun in random BG's with Demon Hunter Havoc and i just wanted to share all the knowledge i gathered so far in one place. I hope you enjoy
    (please share your tips and tricks so i can add them to the initial post)

General Guidelines
    -Ask the leader of the BG to mark the healers of your team. Your entire playstyle is different when there are healers near you and you need to be aware of your surrondings.
    Before jumping to the fight, study the situation. Do you have healers near you? If you don't, be cautious and don't jump on top of 5 enemy players.
    Stay back and attack players out of position.
    Live by this rules

Tips & Tricks

"Walking Time Bomb Spec"
    I like to call the spec of "Nemesis + Chaos Blades" the walking time bomb spec.
    Every 2 min you have a buff of 35% more damage to melt other players.
    How to use it?
    Generate fury to the max, use Chaos Nova, use a macro with "Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Fury of the Illidari" and spam Chaos Strikes (with the Talent Demonic Appetite)
    With Demonic Appetite you can get orbs of fury mid burst and spam a lot more chaos strikes on your burst.

"Bobbing and Weaving"
    This is a technique of survival when you don't have Blur or Darkness. Is an evasive maneuver to deal damage at the same time you are running away.
    Watch the video for details.
    Basically this technique consists in kiting your oponent with Fel Rush and Vengeful retreat and once the enemy is near you, use Blade Dance and keep running away with Fel Rushes. Don't forget to also use Throw Glaives while you are running away.
    Every time your enemy FINALLY catches you...use Blade Dance to dodge attacks.

"Netherwalk + Bandage"
    You can use Bandages on Netherwalk, even with other players attacking you.
    For the duration of Netherwalk you can heal up to 800k health.
    Video for more details

"(Not So) Secret Technique of immortality"
    Darkness + Blur
    If you want to take almost zero damage for a period of time, use Darkness and Blur at the same time.
    Don't forget to pick the Honor Talent "Cover of Darkness" for this to work.
    I've had situations where i was at 1% HP and i survived for the entire duration of Darkness + Blur buffs.

"Be Prepared"
    You can buy PvP Potions on the vendor next to the PvP transmog sets in Dalaran. For 1 Mark of Honor each.
    Both this potions share the same cooldown. Decide to buy only one of them or both.
    Buy:
    Potion of Defiance: Reduce all damage taken by 20% for 12 sec
    and
    Saltwater Potion: Increase all damage done by 30% for 12 sec. Only usable in battlegrounds.

Make macros with them:
    1)
    /cast Nemesis
    /cast Chaos Blades
    /use Saltwater Potion
    /cast Fury of the Illidari(Artifact)

2)
    /cast Blur
    /use Potion of Defiance

"Reverse Magic is your Friend"
    Pick the honor talent Reverse Magic to get rid of Roots, Frost Novas, Warlock Dots and all magic debuffs.
    You can also dispel your friendly players nearby.

"Fury Management"
    Don't start using Chaos Strikes before having MAX Fury.
    First build up your Fury and then spam Chaos Strikes.
    Try to synergize your MAX FURY with cooldowns of damage like Metamorphosis or Chaos Blade and Nemesis.
    If other players are attacking your target, wait for the right time to start bursting.

"Preemptive Skills"
    Try to preemptively use Netherwalk on stuns for an amazing outplay.
    For example a Rogue Cheap Shots you > You use trinket and instantly Netherwalk > The Rogue will use Kidney SHot on instinct but you are in Netherwalk and immune to damage!
    You can also try this against Paladins who like to instantly use Stun as soon as you are in range.
    Start walking towards the Paladin and use Netherwalk preemptively on the Stun. If this works you just made the Paladin cry.
    You can do this "preemptive plays" with other cooldowns such as Darkness or Blur + Potion of Defiance (55% damage reduction) preemptively before a Stun.
    This requires some psychic abilities and some luck but it creates an amazing outplay

You don't have to waste major cooldowns like Netherwalk to do this. Both Blade Dance and Rain from Above can be used preemptively on stuns - tip by @Syun

"Vengeful Retreat Gab Closer" tip by @Vinushka
    You can use vengeful retreat as a gab closer. It requires some skill on the player side, like an action oriented game.
    Face backwards to your oponent and use vengeful retreat. You can also use Fel Blade next.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-10 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Chaos Blades is certainly nice, but I just love Fel Barrage too damn much!
    It also does a ton of damage if combined with momentum (and in random BG's also in combination with Saltwater potion!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I never thought about using netherwalk and bandaging at the same time. Reverse magic I’m on the fence about as most dots aren’t magic abilities rather curses and diseases so it’s not quite the dot protection as you would think. The EoL seems to be a better choice I dunno . To me it all depends on your build. I mostly use the standard momentum build so those passive steroid abilities just don’t work for me. Passive steroid like Nemesis just aren’t fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JaoStar View Post
    I never thought about using netherwalk and bandaging at the same time. Reverse magic I’m on the fence about as most dots aren’t magic abilities rather curses and diseases so it’s not quite the dot protection as you would think. The EoL seems to be a better choice I dunno . To me it all depends on your build. I mostly use the standard momentum build so those passive steroid abilities just don’t work for me. Passive steroid like Nemesis just aren’t fun imo.
    Uhh, what?

oomnkin dots are magic. SPriest dots are magic. Siphon life and Corruption are magic. Ele shaman dot is magic. Disc priest dot is magic.

Only Agony, UA, and DK disease aren't magic. Rogue and Warrior dots are physical and can't be dispelled anyway.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Chaos Blades is certainly nice, but I just love Fel Barrage too damn much!
    It also does a ton of damage if combined with momentum (and in random BG's also in combination with Saltwater potion!)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaoStar View Post
    I mostly use the standard momentum build so those passive steroid abilities just don’t work for me. Passive steroid like Nemesis just aren’t fun imo.
    I need to add tactics to the original post about Momentum builds...the problem is that i have zero experience with it
    Maybe someone can help? Or maybe i need to get out my lazy ass and start playing it for the first time

My main problem with Momentum is that i like to synergize a full stack of fury with damage increases.
    The problem is that Momentum is only 4 seconds...that means you are not able to spend all of your fury with Chaos Strikes...not even close.
    Even less possible with Demonic Appetite, which gives you a lot more chaos strikes to spam.

Lets imagine the scenario of a momentum build with a full stack of fury to spam chaos strikes:
    -Fel Rush or Retreat (momentum for 4 seconds)
    -Fel Blade
    -Chaos Strike
    -Chaos Strike
    -Chaos Strike
    (Momentum Ends and you cant Fel Rush >Felblade again because the cooldown of Felblade only resets with Demon's Bite...and you spent the last seconds spaming Chaos Strikes)

I don't know, this is the main reason why i dont like momentum BUT i know i am a noob and i have no idea about the powers of it over Nemesis.
    I have no experience.
    Maybe someone can help me?

Deleted
    The way I play DH in pvp, especially in BG's, makes most of my damage come from fel rush + 2x glaive thrown and fel rush + fel barrage.
    I also use Eye of Leotheras on casters while doing this (no shared CD), and they are usually down to 10-15% when I start slapping them in melee range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The way I play DH in pvp, especially in BG's, makes most of my damage come from fel rush + 2x glaive thrown and fel rush + fel barrage.
    I also use Eye of Leotheras on casters while doing this (no shared CD), and they are usually down to 10-15% when I start slapping them in melee range.
    My style is a bit different.
    I jump to the fight with defensive cooldowns (blur, darkness, netherwalk or potion of defiance) to build a full stack of fury.
    Once i have max fury i use Damage increase Buffs (Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Saltwater Potion = 65% damage increase) to start spaming Chaos Strikes.
    I'm very up and personal.
    But sure i also play the "stay back" game when there is a lot of people.

I've made 2 crappy youtube videos showing my playstyle...don't know which crappy one to show you
    Oh well, maybe this one.

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-10 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    I also use VR like a hunters disengage to get closer to enemies if they try to kite me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    That is good i will add it to the OP

I will also add something i've been trying to do in every BG since i've had this idea.
    It's called
    "Preemptive Skills"
    For example a Rogue Cheap Shots you > You use trinket and instantly Netherwalk > The Rogue will use Kidney SHot on instinct but you are in Netherwalk and immune to damage!
    You can also try this against Paladins who like to instantly use Stun as soon as you are in range.
    Start walking towards the Paladin and use Netherwalk preemptively on the Stun. If this works you just made the Paladin cry.
    You can do this "preemptive plays" with other cooldowns such as Darkness or Blur + Potion of Defiance (55% damage reduction) preemptively before a Stun.
    This requires some psychic abilities and some luck but it creates an amazing outplay
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-10 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Once i have max fury i use Damage increase Buffs (Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Saltwater Potion = 85% damage increase) to start spaming Chaos Strikes.
    Remember that Nemesis and Chaos Blades have reduced effect on instanced pvp,20% from chaos blades and 15% from nemesis+pot=65% dmg increase.

About Preemtive Skills you can do the same without wasting important cds like Netherwalk,you can trinket Cheap shot and Blade dance while spinning your pj to face the rogue,his kidney will miss.You can use Rain from above after trinket too(as it makes u inmune to stuns while going up),same can be done with Paladin if u believe Hammer is coming.

Rain is very powerfull against sub rogues as u can always predict their stunlock after opener(shadow dance).
    Last edited by Syun; 2018-01-10 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syun View Post
    Remember that Nemesis and Chaos Blades have reduced effect on instanced pvp,20% from chaos blades and 15% from nemesis+pot=65% dmg increase.

About Preemtive Skills you can do the same without wasting important cds like Netherwalk,you can trinket Cheap shot and Blade dance while spinning your pj to face the rogue,his kidney will miss.You can use Rain from above after trinket too(as it makes u inmune to stuns while going up),same can be done with Paladin if u believe Hammer is coming.
    Yes, my bad, i've been spreading bad information on damage increases. I'm sorry, even on my videos (T_T) I'm doing bad
    I've corrected my posts but the videos are already ruined...

Thanks for the Blade Dance tip and rain from above, i will add it to the OP.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-10 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    interesting thread.

not really secret tips and tricks as much as

standard things anyone who has a slight idea about how to pvp would do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    interesting thread.

not really secret tips and tricks as much as

standard things anyone who has a slight idea about how to pvp would do.
    That's just mean bro.
    It could help new players such as myself. I don't know many things about Demon Hunter i'm sure.

Deleted
    Didn't blizzard kill mega macros like meta + nemesis + chaos blades? At least I haven't been able to put nemesis and chaos blades in the same macro during this xpack. Or do macros like that work differently now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Didn't blizzard kill mega macros like meta + nemesis + chaos blades? At least I haven't been able to put nemesis and chaos blades in the same macro during this xpack. Or do macros like that work differently now?
    I think Meta doesn't work because...i think it has a global cooldown and because its a 2 part spell (you need to choose the place where you will jump)
    But this works fine:
    /cast Nemesis
    /cast Chaos Blades
    /use Saltwater Potion

It's a bunch of spells without global cooldown followed by one with a global cooldown (in this case fury of the illidari)
    You can only place ONE spell with global cooldown on the same macro.
    Unless you are making a /castsequence

My style is a bit different.
    I jump to the fight with defensive cooldowns (blur, darkness, netherwalk or potion of defiance) to build a full stack of fury.
    Once i have max fury i use Damage increase Buffs (Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Saltwater Potion = 65% damage increase) to start spaming Chaos Strikes.
    I'm very up and personal.
    But sure i also play the "stay back" game when there is a lot of people.

I've made 2 crappy youtube videos showing my playstyle...don't know which crappy one to show you
    Oh well, maybe this one.

You click abilities and things like healthstones... why should anyone care what you do. No offense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    You click abilities and things like healthstones... why should anyone care what you do. No offense.
    Non taken
    I click healthstone, mount and mage food.
    I hope is not that bad to click on those things.

I'm just passing time and having fun doing videos. I know i'm not "good".

Non taken
    I click healthstone, mount and mage food.
    I hope is not that bad to click on those things.

I'm just passing time and having fun doing videos. I know i'm not "good".
    Relatively to not clicking them, it is bad because you will be doing so slower than you could otherwise and that could easily cost your life, but it's not game-breaking. At the very least keybind the Healthstone - ideally all of them, especially for BGs where you'll mount more, but it's up to you at the end of the day. If you're in it to have fun, do what makes you happy, but if you want people to take you seriously clicking is an immediate no-no. A lot of people tend to stop watching [guide/tutorial/show off videos] the second someone clicks something because it's like shooting yourself in the foot.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2018-01-13 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Relatively to not clicking them, it is bad because you will be doing so slower than you could otherwise and that could easily cost your life, but it's not game-breaking. At the very least keybind the Healthstone - ideally all of them, especially for BGs where you'll mount more, but it's up to you at the end of the day. If you're in it to have fun, do what makes you happy, but if you want people to take you seriously clicking is an immediate no-no. A lot of people tend to stop watching [guide/tutorial/show off videos] the second someone clicks something because it's like shooting yourself in the foot.
    Ok, thank you for the heads up.

Hello
    I've been having tons of fun in random BG's with Demon Hunter Havoc and i just wanted to share all the knowledge i gathered so far in one place. I hope you enjoy
    (please share your tips and tricks so i can add them to the initial post)

General Guidelines
    -Ask the leader of the BG to mark the healers of your team. Your entire playstyle is different when there are healers near you and you need to be aware of your surrondings.
    Before jumping to the fight, study the situation. Do you have healers near you? If you don't, be cautious and don't jump on top of 5 enemy players.
    Stay back and attack players out of position.
    Live by this rules

Tips & Tricks

"Walking Time Bomb Spec"
    I like to call the spec of "Nemesis + Chaos Blades" the walking time bomb spec.
    Every 2 min you have a buff of 35% more damage to melt other players.
    How to use it?
    Generate fury to the max, use Chaos Nova, use a macro with "Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Fury of the Illidari" and spam Chaos Strikes (with the Talent Demonic Appetite)
    With Demonic Appetite you can get orbs of fury mid burst and spam a lot more chaos strikes on your burst.

"Bobbing and Weaving"
    This is a technique of survival when you don't have Blur or Darkness. Is an evasive maneuver to deal damage at the same time you are running away.
    Watch the video for details.
    Basically this technique consists in kiting your oponent with Fel Rush and Vengeful retreat and once the enemy is near you, use Blade Dance and keep running away with Fel Rushes. Don't forget to also use Throw Glaives while you are running away.
    Every time your enemy FINALLY catches you...use Blade Dance to dodge attacks.

"Netherwalk + Bandage"
    You can use Bandages on Netherwalk, even with other players attacking you.
    For the duration of Netherwalk you can heal up to 800k health.
    Video for more details

"(Not So) Secret Technique of immortality"
    Darkness + Blur
    If you want to take almost zero damage for a period of time, use Darkness and Blur at the same time.
    Don't forget to pick the Honor Talent "Cover of Darkness" for this to work.
    I've had situations where i was at 1% HP and i survived for the entire duration of Darkness + Blur buffs.

"Be Prepared"
    You can buy PvP Potions on the vendor next to the PvP transmog sets in Dalaran. For 1 Mark of Honor each.
    Both this potions share the same cooldown. Decide to buy only one of them or both.
    Buy:
    Potion of Defiance: Reduce all damage taken by 20% for 12 sec
    and
    Saltwater Potion: Increase all damage done by 30% for 12 sec. Only usable in battlegrounds.

Make macros with them:
    1)
    /cast Nemesis
    /cast Chaos Blades
    /use Saltwater Potion

2)
    /cast Blur
    /use Potion of Defiance

"Reverse Magic is your Friend"
    Pick the honor talent Reverse Magic to get rid of Roots, Frost Novas, Warlock Dots and all magic debuffs.
    You can also dispel your friendly players nearby.

"Fury Management"
    Don't start using Chaos Strikes before having MAX Fury.
    First build up your Fury and then spam Chaos Strikes.
    Try to synergize your MAX FURY with cooldowns of damage like Metamorphosis or Chaos Blade and Nemesis.
    If other players are attacking your target, wait for the right time to start bursting.

"Preemptive Skills"

You don't have to waste major cooldowns like Netherwalk to do this. Both Blade Dance and Rain from Above can be used preemptively on stuns - tip by @<a href="https://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=1431666" target="_blank">Syun</a>

"Vengeful Retreat Gab Closer" tip by @<a href="https://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=1093159" target="_blank">Vinushka</a>
    You can use vengeful retreat as a gab closer. It requires some skill on the player side, like an action oriented game.
    Face backwards to your oponent and use vengeful retreat. You can also use Fel Blade next.
    How is this even intended when no one else can do it? (go to 2:14)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    How is this even intended when no one else can do it? (go to 2:14)
    Netherwalk+Bandage ?

I don't know but i'm confused about something.
    Doesnt the best Bandage in the game only heal for 600k health? The absolute best bandage in the game?

Then why does he in the video say that it can heal you for 800k?

confused