Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Imagine mechanical city that had size of suramar or bigger. Full of steam, gears, and most importantly elevators (with flying obviously disabled).
    So like the clockwork city in Elder Scrolls except on the moon?

15+ Year Old Account
    A quick question: who the hell is magni anyway?

I was away for a year and now all of a sudden we are following this ghost dwarf everywhere. No introduction or anything....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So like the clockwork city in Elder Scrolls except on the moon?
    Yup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

I was away for a year and now all of a sudden we are following this ghost dwarf everywhere. No introduction or anything....
    A previous dwarf leader, king of ironforge and one of 200 bronzebeard brothers.

15+ Year Old Account
    A previous dwarf leader, king of ironforge and one of 200 bronzebeard brothers.
    How did he pop up in the Legion lore?

It was all about Khadgar, Illidan & co before. When and how did that dwarf come around?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

It was all about Khadgar, Illidan & co before. When and how did that dwarf come around?
    Apparently he was diamonded since cata after reading a book (remember kids don't read, just watch anime). Then one day, he started moving (still being diamonded) and hearing voices in his head. And boom, he is speaker for azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently he was diamonded since cata after reading a book (remember kids don't read, just watch anime). Then one day, he started moving (still being diamonded) and hearing voices in his head. And boom, he is speaker for azeroth.
    A hell of a pill cocktail the author of this thing is taking.

15+ Year Old Account

You know a person is new to WoW when they dunno who Magni is. He was the former leader of the dwarves and him becoming diamond was a big deal. Pretty sure he was the first faction leader we "lost".

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine mechanical city that had size of suramar or bigger. Full of steam, gears, and most importantly elevators (with flying obviously disabled).
    Mm, you're paintin' a picture. And I like it.

Magni Bronzebeard is the brother of Muradin and Brann, and was the King of Ironforge 'til around the Cataclysm hit. When all the elemental unrest and earthquakes and volcanoes started going off as a result, Magni turned to an ancient spell that was supposed to make the caster 'one with the earth', hoping this would allow him to settle the elemental unrest and preserve Ironforge. The spell succeeded, but as a result Magni was turned to diamond and became a frozen gemstone statue, unable to move or speak. It isn't until Legion that he regains the ability to move, having apparently been communing with Azeroth's worldsoul in the meantime and had his mobility restored so Azeroth could communicate her wishes to mortals.

There was a scenario pre-Legion that covered some of this, and another scenario unlocked in 7.2 that touched more on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    You know a person is new to WoW when they dunno who Magni is. He was the former leader of the dwarves and him becoming diamond was a big deal. Pretty sure he was the first faction leader we "lost".
    Yes, new to WoW. Only played it since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Magni Bronzebeard is the brother of Muradin and Brann, and was the King of Ironforge 'til around the Cataclysm hit. When all the elemental unrest and earthquakes and volcanoes started going off as a result, Magni turned to an ancient spell that was supposed to make the caster 'one with the earth', hoping this would allow him to settle the elemental unrest and preserve Ironforge. The spell succeeded, but as a result Magni was turned to diamond and became a frozen gemstone statue, unable to move or speak. It isn't until Legion that he regains the ability to move, having apparently been communing with Azeroth's worldsoul in the meantime and had his mobility restored so Azeroth could communicate her wishes to mortals.

There was a scenario pre-Legion that covered some of this, and another scenario unlocked in 7.2 that touched more on it.
    I haven't been to either of those scenarios... as far as I know.

WoW's storytelling is at times hazy at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time I had my doubts about him was when Azeroth sends him and us to Argus to be rid of Sargeras, probably the only being currently known that is a direct threat and opposition to the Void.

I know she's supposed to be the most powerful Unborn Titan, but the fact that she knew how things would transpire, something that derives in occasion from Old Gods it's suspicious. That whole scenario is sketchy.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if the "Heart of Azeroth" turns out to be a device that funnels the Azerite's energy into N'zoth. It would be a very "Nzoth-thing" to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is WoW, anyone and anything could be corrupted by any number of things at any time. Almost every villain in the game was someone nice until being re-written as someone completely different because they got corrupted by fel/shadow/aliens/voodoo/fire etc. Why bother writing good motivations? Nah, this dragon was nice, but then someone set fire to her and now she wants to murder everyone because... evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    First time I had my doubts about him was when Azeroth sends him and us to Argus to be rid of Sargeras, probably the only being currently known that is a direct threat and opposition to the Void.

I know she's supposed to be the most powerful Unborn Titan, but the fact that she knew how things would transpire, something that derives in occasion from Old Gods it's suspicious. That whole scenario is sketchy.
    That's right, how did she know? When Aman'thul was born he knew nothing and was alone, he had to search for his own kin.

Azeroth's bleeding yes.. Here are these items to power up with her blood!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, new to WoW. Only played it since 2005.

How did you miss the existence of Magni Bronzebeard then? He was a faction leader for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I did think of a moon zone but I never even imagined you could be inside the moon, whooaaaa.

Make us whole!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he is corrupted. But if the story goes that way, i think he may be manipulated. It may be plausible that the old gods had found a way to emulate Azeroth's messages and trick Magni that way?

He currently is Azeroth's protector. If he sees us as a threat during the course of BFA, to what extent would he be prepared to go to stop us with him being under such manipulation?
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, it often seems like a lot of events are taking place in books and short-stories and not in the game, and the game assumes you've been reading the fiction outside the game. Mainly I make do with reading WoWpedia for summaries.

corrupted, greatly unlikely.
    manipulated? almost a guarantee, but odds are everything in the known universe from Magni to Illidan to Varian to Sargeras and the Naaru have all been manipulated into working for the Void Lords. even those that fight vehemently against them are PROBABLY working for them and just don't know it.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    How did you miss the existence of Magni Bronzebeard then? He was a faction leader for years and years.
    Well I've been playing Horde. I always thought whoever-Wrynn was the faction leader of Alliance.

Deleted
    In WoW, every major Lore character will be corrupted at some point it seems.

Its a recurring theme.