Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zelvar View Post
    Well I just wanted to figure out if others shared my view, and seems like most people dont, so yeah I will play shaman instead
    Most people actually do, well at least to an extent. Blizzard did an official poll and thje purists are vastly outnumbered, they are just moronicly vocal on these forums plus everyone who is against classic servers use the generalization thing as an argument that "lol dey be craycray"

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Why dont you try actually bringing something to a discussion?
    Because it's a nonsense discussion. People are trying to mold an already existing, already successful game, to their personal taste, and there are dozens of daily threads of "i'll play classic IF", "classic needs this", "classic without this will fail", and it's always the same shit.

You either A) Want new content, new features and new qol improvements - play the current live version, or B) You want vanilla as it was, and even went as far as asking for it for the past 10 years - play classic when it comes out.

Why try to turn an already brilliant game to a frankenstein suited to your own silly desires. Geez.

If you like TBC, or think WOTLK was the superior version, ask for it, petition for it, support legacy realms of those expansions so Blizzard (eventually) agrees to run one, just like vanilla did, if enough support warrants it.

Let us enjoy our long awaited vanilla ice-cream, you already have weird flavours and sprinkles available in retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    Or you could play private server instead?
    I have, and if Blizzard ruins Classic due to fucking weird suggestions from people it will not retain anyway, since people crying about QOL improvements, changes, new features and the like will play for 2 days and go back to BFA, i will probably keep playing on them. Better an inaccurate vanilla legacy realm than a weird frankenstein of a server.

The people who will play it for a long time just want plain vanilla. Go figure.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2018-01-14 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Because it's a nonsense discussion. People are trying to mold an already existing, already successful game, to their personal taste, and there are dozens of daily threads of "i'll play classic IF", "classic needs this", "classic without this will fail", and it's always the same shit.

You either A) Want new content, new features and new qol improvements - play the current live version, or B) You want vanilla as it was, and even went as far as asking for it for the past 10 years - play classic when it comes out.

Why try to turn an already brilliant game to a frankenstein suited to your own silly desires. Geez.

If you like TBC, or think WOTLK was the superior version, ask for it, petition for it, support legacy realms of those expansions so Blizzard (eventually) agrees to run one, just like vanilla did, if enough support warrants it.

Let us enjoy our long awaited vanilla ice-cream, you already have weird flavours and sprinkles available in retail.
    That's just not true. A lot of people think vanilla is far better than the live version, and still want changes.

You have to face the reality that when vanilla launched, it hadn't been out for 14 years and didn't have dozens of guides and what not. If you want to play vanilla for real, you'll have to make a bit of tuning at the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I have, and if Blizzard ruins Classic due to fucking weird suggestions from people it will not retain anyway, since people crying about QOL improvements, changes, new features and the like will play for 2 days and go back to BFA, i will probably keep playing on them. Better an inaccurate vanilla legacy realm than a weird frankenstein of a server.

And who said you have to have QoL of life changes and make it just like legion? A lot of people are just asking for changes that would make vanilla more like it was intended to be.

Would you be more willing to accept 1.5 talents? because I suspect that would make paladins so much stronger than what I suggested.
    Tier 1 paladin in 1.5 talents, was so strong.

Deleted
    Would you be more willing to accept 1.5 talents? because I suspect that would make paladins so much stronger than what I suggested.
    Tier 1 paladin in 1.5 talents, was so strong.
    Who knows, they might combine different patches to something else. Why choose just one patch, and base it all from that, when basing it from perhaps two different patches would make for a more enjoyable experience?

And who said you have to have QoL of life changes and make it just like legion? A lot of people are just asking for changes that would make vanilla more like it was intended to be.
    You have to be kidding. Also, "like it was intended to be"? How the hell do you know what it was intended to be? Were you a developer? You're talking like vanilla sucked... there's a reason it launched Wow, and Blizzard to the heights they are today. Go figure. Maybe if vanilla had so many qol changes it wouldn't have stuck, and Blizzard wouldn't be as big today... then again, we might have gotten Warcraft 4 though.

We have daily barrages of suggestions in the likes of (you can just browse this forum to check for yourself)

- Flying
    - Dual Specs
    - Graphical Update
    - Battle Pets
    - Classic "expansions" on unreleased content
    - PvE retuning
    - Class rebalance
    - Removal of aspects like Soul Shards, Hunter ammo.
    - Mount\Pet panel
    - Transmogrification

Just because some people are interested in "minor" change, like this topic, it's changes nonetheless, and would just open way for more, drastic changes.

Just leave vanilla as vanilla. If you don't like it, play retail. Chances are, if you need changes to vanilla, you don't actually want vanilla. You're just feeling entitled to tweak and change something that was announced.

Some dudes even go as far as :

"I'll never play classic, but i think it should have x, y or z".

So yea, if blizzard does any single gameplay change, the whole thing is fucked, and all you edgelords can claim "hahaha we all knew vanilla was shit, hahaha", when it's nothing like vanilla after your frankenstein procedures.

So... you do not want vanilla.

This is a change. Thus I am against it. No changes.

Who knows, they might combine different patches to something else. Why choose just one patch, and base it all from that, when basing it from perhaps two different patches would make for a more enjoyable experience?
    Personally I think that would be awesome, but seems like people wouldnt accept that.
    It seems like you cant pick and choose from each patch, but we have to agree on one patch.
    In the end I would be happy with 1.12, I just wont play paladin

Get that shitty ass legion mentality away from the rpg game that was vanilla, no one gives a crap about the numbers when picking their class. Despite all the whiners about classes being ''unviable'' people still played them pretty equally except for a few more % of wars/rogues

Deleted
    You have to be kidding. Also, "like it was intended to be"? How the hell do you know what it was intended to be? Were you a developer? You're talking like vanilla sucked... there's a reason it launched Wow, and Blizzard to the heights they are today. Go figure. Maybe if vanilla had so many qol changes it wouldn't have stuck, and Blizzard wouldn't be as big today... then again, we might have gotten Warcraft 4 though.

We have daily barrages of suggestions in the likes of (you can just browse this forum to check for yourself)

- Flying
    - Dual Specs
    - Graphical Update
    - Battle Pets
    - Classic "expansions" on unreleased content
    - PvE retuning
    - Class rebalance
    - Removal of aspects like Soul Shards, Hunter ammo.
    - Mount\Pet panel
    - Transmogrification

Just because some people are interested in "minor" change, like this topic, it's changes nonetheless, and would just open way for more, drastic changes.

Just leave vanilla as vanilla. If you don't like it, play retail. Chances are, if you need changes to vanilla, you don't actually want vanilla. You're just feeling entitled to tweak and change something that was announced.

Some dudes even go as far as :

"I'll never play classic, but i think it should have x, y or z".

So yea, if blizzard does any single gameplay change, the whole thing is fucked, and all you edgelords can claim "hahaha we all knew vanilla was shit, hahaha", when it's nothing like vanilla after your frankenstein procedures.
    No, some people still prefer vanilla to legion. That's another question entirely. You can prefer vanilla and still want changes to be made, for the good of the game. Changes by definition doesn't lead to it being legion, that's absurd. Changes could theoretically just as well make it into an even harder games, like everquest or whatever.

If you look at polls, not necessarily scientific ones but the best out there, it's a clear majority against QoL features and huge changes. However, tuning and other changes that's not QoL are much more desired and on the table. The very fact that leaving the game as it is, would make for a less authentic experience (where everyone knows the optimal gear, talents and classes from the very first day) makes changes inevitable.

I mean, a simple change as combining two patches could be all it takes to make for a new and fun experience, without introducing new talents or spells or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Get that shitty ass legion mentality away from the rpg game that was vanilla, no one gives a crap about the numbers when picking their class. Despite all the whiners about classes being ''unviable'' people still played them pretty equally except for a few more % of wars/rogues

It's not really RPG when every player will know what's optimal from day one, and some classes and specs will be perpetually bad. That leaves no room for exploration or immersion. That's why at least some changes has to be made. Reintroducing crusader strike from the vanilla beta could be one such thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think that would be awesome, but seems like people wouldnt accept that.
    It seems like you cant pick and choose from each patch, but we have to agree on one patch.
    In the end I would be happy with 1.12, I just wont play paladin

I would be happy for any patch, but that doesn't mean that Blizzard shouldn't try to make us a more enjoyable and vanilla-like experience.

No, some people still prefer vanilla to legion. That's another question entirely. You can prefer vanilla and still want changes to be made, for the good of the game.
    "The good of the game"... alrighty then. I guess that's a fact then, why keep arguing.

I can also do that.

For the good of the game, they should not change any single aspect about it.

Deleted
    "The good of the game"... alrighty then. I guess that's a fact then, why keep arguing.

I can also do that.

For the good of the game, they should not change any single aspect about it.
    For the good of the game, as in the intention of doing it. If it turns out to be good or bad only time can tell. You can desire no changes to be made, for the good of the game, as well.

I'd also like to add that changing an aspect of the game is different from changing an ability or talent. So what you want doesn't contradict what I want.
    Last edited by mmoc0840a05313; 2018-01-14 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

This might be the biggest pile of bs i've read all day. You have absolutely not even tried understanding people you just put everyone in the same basket and pidgeonhole yourself into this "its either my way or the highway" mindset.

Blizzard encouraged people to have a discussion about this. Blizzard made a poll for this very reason aswell.

Just because YOU want it one way, especially when you are a minority, you just dont get to have it that way. You must have grown up spoiled

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    If you are not one of the people who want vanilla then why do you even care?

Vanilla wasnt a perfect experience, what wrong with improving it when we have the chance to do so?
    What does my interest in Classic have to do with anything? I played the shit, I know how bad the faults are that were there. I knew this shit would happen if they ever did bring it back. Yeah, there are a lot of aspects to classic that I still think were better then, than what we see now. If they make all these individual changes you people are whining for, then what the hell is the point in calling it classic? You begged for classic, now you're getting it, and now you are whining because you actually want classic lite.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2018-01-14 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    What does my interest in Classic have to do with anything? I played the shit, I know how bad the faults are that were there. I knew this shit would happen if they ever did bring it back. Yeah, there are a lot of aspects to classic that I still think were better then, than what we see now. If they make all these individual changes you people are whining for, then what the hell is the point in calling it classic? You begged for classic, now you're getting it, and now you are whining because you actually want classic lite.
    Well as everyone know the problem is "what is classic?" For me personally classic was 1.1-1.7 and then my class got destroyed (probably not, but for me it was breaking changes), so then i decided to lvl a warrior, mage, hunter and shaman (which ended up in only warrior at 60). After alot of lvling i think i was 60 at patch 1.9 or something and by then the end game was very different. So for me I would say classic was 1-1.7, but I do accept that most people enjoy 1.12 and thus i suggested balancing of paladin dps/tanking instead of asking for patch 1.5 and destroying vanilla for everyone else, but I guess then there is a slippery slope, so I will just promote 1.5 talents with bug fix and rest at 1.12, because thats what most people want.
    Last edited by zelvar; 2018-01-14 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    ceusader strike was part of vanilla beta. they removed it at game release.
    So... Then it wasn't a part of Vanilla. There were a lot of things that never made it to the game or not until later. Doesn't mean they should add it now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I didnt beg for anything. Also the only one here whining is you my little friend. YOu literally sound like my 2 year old daughter when i take her pacifier "NUR you cant have that!".

Like you have anything to say about it. People on this forum are simply doing what blizzard encouraged them to. Discuss what they want their vanilla experience to be like.

This might be the biggest pile of bs i've read all day. You have absolutely not even tried understanding people you just put everyone in the same basket and pidgeonhole yourself into this "its either my way or the highway" mindset.

Blizzard encouraged people to have a discussion about this. Blizzard made a poll for this very reason aswell.

Just because YOU want it one way, especially when you are a minority, you just dont get to have it that way. You must have grown up spoiled
    heres something you might find interesting.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Anything jump out at you that you'd forgotten about old school World of Warcraft?

J. Allen Brack: Yeah, I'd forgotten that whenever you buffed one of your party members with Intellect, you had to actually sit down and drink after that. Then you stood up, buffed another party member with Intellect and then you had to drink again. It's a much slower pace. There's a lot of prep time.

It's an interesting part of human memories, right? I think we like to remember the good parts, but the bad parts sometimes go away over time.

Do you think there'll be a line to walk for the team, then? Somewhere between creating that authentic experience that people have asked for, while also figuring out what doesn't make sense anymore? For example, with the Intellect buff, is it important to you that players do need to drink after casting it?

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.

also,

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...sic-interview/

Digital Trends: During the BlizzCon Opening Ceremony you said you want WoW Classic to reproduce the classic WoW experience, but not the launch experience. How do you achieve that balance?

Allen Brack: The “launch experience” is sort of a joke. The launch experience is not a great experience, so we want the gameplay experience to be great, with those 2004-2005 WoW systems, but have it be very stable, server uptime, not have a lot of server queues, right? All the modern conveniences that we have in modern WoW.

So, content-wise, it will be the same?

Brack: Content-wise it will be identical. Now, “identical” has a lot of nuance, [though], because WoW changed a lot in the two years between launch and Burning Crusade. One of the reasons we are talking about this as early as we are is to get the community’s opinions on which way we should go for certain things.

kinda puts a damper on your ideas huh? the only "discussion" is about what patch we want to go with or what mismash of patches we want to go with.
    Last edited by Xecks; 2018-01-14 at 08:26 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard did NOT make a poll for this, it was a poll made by some Legion streamer that blizzard said they would be monitoring

Which means, that the actual poll results are not only from people who want to play classic, but it was also open to every anti-vanilla fanatic, that had their feelings hurt by the classic announcement.

Which means, the poll results you are refering to, is useless. Cause it's impossible to know how big amount of the polling was actually pure trolling.

Getting a real vote on something like this is impossible, unless blizzard find a way to have polls where people not interessted in classic are unable to vote. So stop it with your "No changes people are in the minority" cause that is impossible to know.

I played vanilla in retail, i've played private servers, so i know perfectly fine that Vanilla is not perfect. But perfection is not possible to reach, because every individual player has different opinion on what is perfect. And making changes has a much higher chance to completely ruin Classic, than the chance to make it more popular, simply because it may turn off the players who wanted it in the first place.
    But vanilla is a large game, with many changes happening over the course of it's time, and the developers where pretty clear that they want to find the best patch to release it on, but any features that happened after TBC released, is not going to happen.