Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Valerian is the one I enjoyed the most.

If by 'cool' you me a general contemporary feel or air of excellence; John Wick 2.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the shape of water the most not that I’m sure that counts as cool.

Best: Mancester by the Sea
    Coolest: Thor Ragnarok or GotG: 2

Dunkirk ofc.
    Sad to see so many approvements of mass brain-gums such as Marvel movies.

Coolest - probably John Wick 2 or Deadpool
    Ones that I enjoyed most - Bright (I find the Shadow Run setting very appealing), Happy, and Rick and Morty (all 3 seasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Valerian is the one I enjoyed the most.
    I would have enjoyed it more with a different male lead, and a story that isnt all over the place then conveniently explained at the end in one long awkward scene

Three billboards/blade runner would get my vote

7+ Year Old Account
    Dunkirk was really good.
    Thor: Ragnarok is also pretty high on my list
    War for Planet of the Apes was probably my biggest disappointment for the year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Baby Driver for me.
    Just saw that, this Friday...

Not really a candidate for a top spot for me... I gave it 6 on IMDB, i.e. slightly above average..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars 9. Been a fan of Star Wars since i was 4, so yeah, easy choice for me
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Just saw that, this Friday...

Not really a candidate for a top spot for me... I gave it 6 on IMDB, i.e. slightly above average..
    Ya baby driver is shit unless you like hearing about why baby listens to an Ipod all day from several different characters over the course of the movie. And giving back an old lady her handbag means you dont go to jail for murder. Good to know

10+ Year Old Account
    If by cool you mean generally stylish then probably John Wick 2 but I really want to mention Logan Lucky, great heist film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The last decade(ish) have been horrible, movie-wise.. I only go to the cinema 3-4 times per year by now, and get disappointed more often than not..
    20-30 years ago, I went to the cinema 2-3 times per month, and loved it...

Anyway, cannot remember if I saw it in '16 or '17, but the last spectacular movie I saw was Now You See Me 2..
    1. Shits on modern movies.
    2. Cites "Now You See Me 2" as spectacular.
    3. 10/10 trolling.

I thought Wonder Woman was exceptional, but it's hard to beat Thor: Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I agree with all of the above fully, but I will throw out an honorable mention that will probably get me mocked even though "coolest" is a vague description. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets I found to be visually appealing and the story concept was interesting all be it not well executed.
    Literally just change the main dude and get rid of Rhianna and it would have been amazing.

That being said, Logan, wasn't just a superhero movie, it was like a X-Men Unforgivin mash up. Easily my favorite of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Blade Runner 2049
    Easily the best of the year.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Star Wars 9. Been a fan of Star Wars since i was 4, so yeah, easy choice for me
    so many better scifi movies this year, starwars was a mediocre scifi film and a horrible starwars film.

Missed Thor, but Guardians was pretty dammed good.

But going for the 'cool' factor... My vote goes for transformers the last knight. Sure it was OTT, there were massive errors in it from the start, the plot was bat shit crazy but it's robots fighting robots and it's dinosaur robots (lol'd at the fact the dino's were bad arse in the previous ones then reduced to pets in a junk yard in this one). It was definitely the coolest movie for me. Not the best, but the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Star Wars, I'm the huge marvel fan but I wanted darker tones for Thor, it felt to GotG for me, and GoTG 2 felt like a dumbed down GotG 1. Yondu was cool as shit though but Star Wars 9 was excellent, only people who hate it are alt right trolls and who cares about them
    im neither right nor left and i thought it was a bad movie. Bladrunner was light years better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ya baby driver is shit unless you like hearing about why baby listens to an Ipod all day from several different characters over the course of the movie. And giving back an old lady her handbag means you dont go to jail for murder. Good to know
    You do know he goes to prison right? At the end of the movie he gets out on parole, but he is very clearly in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    You do know he goes to prison right? At the end of the movie he gets out on parole, but he is very clearly in prison.
    The characters are exactly the same age/appearance so he couldnt have been in there longer than a few months. Not a bad stint for murder/multiple armed robberies, Grand theft auto.