Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Speculation] BfA launch date unearthed: 20/21 March?

Is there a clue in 'Artifact instability'?

"A recent build also changed how the Artifact Power numbers increase or decrease once your Artifact is unstable. Now your Artifact will increase in Artifact Power until February 2nd, then the total Artifact Power displayed will decrease until March 2nd. On March 19 it will begin to increase very very rapidly. This effect is probably only visual and your actual Artifact Power may not change. "

The week of March 19 is 77 days post 7.3.5

That would be a lot sooner than most pundits are expecting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    no way in hell would BfA be out that early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. sounds way too early to be trustworthy, pre-patch maybe a chance but way too early for expansion launch when you have the Beta process as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not gonna happen that soon. We have to wait atleast a few months.

If we get it before winter, I'd be INSANELY surprised!

Deleted
    My guess would be another small patch adding in some more quests regarding silithus. the artifacts are probably used to get rid of that giant sword somehow, thats why the AP peaks exactly then. My guess is as good as everyone elses tho, it just seemed kinda logical to me.

Season 6 hasn't ended yet and we know there's going to be season 7 as the final season so give or take 8 months before BfA.

Could be when the BfA pre-purchase is intended to go live along with the first 4 allied races?
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say March is even too soon for the prepatch, never mind the actual expansion release.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryokolol View Post
    My guess would be another small patch adding in some more quests regarding silithus. the artifacts are probably used to get rid of that giant sword somehow, thats why the AP peaks exactly then. My guess is as good as everyone elses tho, it just seemed kinda logical to me.
    So the purging of the sword overwhelms our Artifact Weapons. Then what? Legion without an Artifact weapon? Seems like destroying the Artifact Weapons on the 19th (US, 20th EU) and waking the 20th in BfA sounds a perfect transition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    If we get it before winter, I'd be INSANELY surprised!
    Beta should be starting soon now that 7.3.5 is going live, and beta tests have typically lasted 5~6 months.

Assuming the BfA beta goes live in, say, February, then we're probably looking at a release in September or October at the latest.

Deleted
    Legion Beta started in December and Legion released in September.

No way. /tenchars.

If we are lucky, Beta will have started by then :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    nope, simply because no alpha/beta tests started yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think the beta will be out by then, much less the entire expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    On March 19 it will begin to increase very very rapidly.
    That could still mean this rise will last several weeks, if not months. They basically doubled the number of Concordance trait ranks, not sure whether this was 7.3.5 or before.
    And then there could be another cycle, or something else happening to the Artifacts.

As much as I'd like a May/June release, it's unlikely to happen.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Besides, where is the AQ revamp? I am adamantaly expecting an AQ revamp before BfA hits. Like Ruby Sanctnum.

The Artifact Instability is just a fun creative way of sending off the Artifact by greatly inflating your AP with the power of Sargeras' weapon. Seeing as they increased the Concordance cap to 100 from 50 in this patch, and to get to conc 50, from 49, is 200 trillion AP, it's incredibly unrealistic that anyone could manage that at current AP gain, let alone everything beyond that. Definitely has nothing to do with when BfA launches, as your prediction is way too damn soon, as there's been no beta at all.

Deleted
    March 20th 2019 seems likely, tbh.