Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

so for those who tried leveling in 7.3.5, how did you feel about it?

Did you like it? or hate it? is it challenging?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Reminds me how it was back in Cataclysm when I started.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

It's not challenging in any way or manner whatsoever. You're just spamming the 2-4 rotational abilities you get by level 20 for 90 levels, except it takes 10 hours longer on average unless you speed run or get people to carry you through dungeons.

Watching people without heirlooms spend 45 seconds pressing 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 over and over again to kill a single mob (and god forbid the quest 'boss' mobs) certainly looks unfun as fuck, but even with heirlooms it's sluggish and pretty unfun as far as gameplay goes.

Sort of sad that the classes are incomplete messes until artifact weapons. Even then, most specs can't even function without it being fully unlocked.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-01-17 at 09:58 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    except it takes 10 hours longer on average
    Can you elaborate what is different on live as opposed to the PTR, where most that tested leveling reported a decrease in leveling time vs old?

Combat time feels fine now. But I feel some NPC damage is still missing, especially for special abilities / spells.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Can you elaborate what is different on live as opposed to the PTR, where most that tested leveling reported a decrease in leveling time vs old?
    I'm not rather sure? I never touched the PTR, this is only live. I can say without a doubt that leveling is most definitely more sluggish now, gaining roughly 1 level a hour or so compared to getting it in roughly 30 minutes before.

This is purely in a 30-40 questing spectrum, specifically the tuning around 33-38. They increased EXP requirements by 40% and the quests don't reward anymore exp than they did, and the mobs have quadruple the health. It is slower, regardless of what psychological tricks people think they are saving by the world scaling with them. Numbers alone counter that sentiment.

It taking eight times as long to kill things is definitely not interesting, especially when the classes are so vapid and barren at low levels.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Haven’t tried it, haven’t had chance.

I hear WoD is overturned as fuck though.

It's quite simple. They have increased the amount of HP every mob has with 280%+, all while they have nerfed stats on heirlooms so you deal less damage. If you go without heirlooms you are dealing about the same as before, but then again the mobs have an excessive increase to their amount of HP.

So on average you will most likely spend about 3-4x the amount of time per mob compared to before the patch. They have also increased the amount of XP required to gain levels so you need about 50% more XP in order to go from level 1 to level 60 compared to before the patch.

All this is without increasing the amount of XP you get from killing mobs and doing quests. So you will spend way longer on each mob which of course results in you also spending more time finishing quests as most quests will require you to kill something combined with you actually needing additional XP to level to begin with.

So yeah, it will take much longer to level.

The problem with increasing the health of mobs is that they have only increased health and nothing else. The content hasn't been buffed and made more challenging, everything just takes longer to die.

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    It's quite simple. They have increased the amount of HP every mob has with 280%+, all while they have nerfed stats on heirlooms so you deal less damage. If you go without heirlooms you are dealing about the same as before, but then again the mobs have an excessive increase to their amount of HP.
    Yes, but that was already on the PTR, and there people found this offset by the scaling always keeping you out of the 'grey/green' quests, and coupled with less need to travel they came to a more or less same and even slightly faster leveling (for a questing based approach to leveling). So I was wondering whether anything was further changed on live vs the latest PTR's.

Yes, but that was already on the PTR, and there people found this offset by the scaling always keeping you out of the 'grey/green' quests, and coupled with less need to travel they came to a more or less same and even slightly faster leveling (for a questing based approach to leveling). So I was wondering whether anything was further changed on live vs the latest PTR's.
    people are really overestimating the travel time needed. Also, before dungeons were way better and faster for leveling and now it's not the case.

Basically, zone scaling doesn't offset the increase in mob hp, dungeon run time, not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Combat time feels fine now. But I feel some NPC damage is still missing, especially for special abilities / spells.
    This. I feel the best way to make leveling better at this point is to remove heirlooms. Hard to balance for everyone when the people with more experience also have superhero gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    people are really overestimating the travel time needed. Also, before dungeons were way better and faster for leveling and now it's not the case.

Basically, zone scaling doesn't offset the increase in mob hp, dungeon run time, not by a long shot.
    The intent of the change was obviously not to make leveling faster, but to make it less mind-numbingly boring. Also, in the spirit of classic servers coming, making it more like Vanilla (although at this point it's like 10-20% like Vanilla, though that's a lot better than the previous leveling experience which was around 1-2% Vanilla).

Didnt they drastically increase the xp quests give.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This. I feel the best way to make leveling better at this point is to remove heirlooms. Hard to balance for everyone when the people with more experience also have superhero gear.

- - - Updated - - -

The intent of the change was obviously not to make leveling faster, but to make it less mind-numbingly boring. Also, in the spirit of classic servers coming, making it more like Vanilla (although at this point it's like 10-20% like Vanilla, though that's a lot better than the previous leveling experience which was around 1-2% Vanilla).
    aside from actually finishing the quests/story in a zone, how do the new changes make it less boring? If a mob takes 30 more seconds to kill, how does that make leveling somehow fun?

started levelling a dk don't like it

I don't like the fact that they have increased mob HP pools by almost threefold and that the experience requirement is bigger. I like the scaling and putting expansions into brackets, but other than that, I dislike it.

Tried it out on PTR with a friend a long time ago and voiced the same opinion back then.

It's extremely refreshing. I've levelled many an alt and I'm honestly just happy to have some variety in that process. There were zones not worth the time it takes to reach them before and now I can do those without feeling puinished. Even if it takes a little bit longer, that is acceptable, because the core experience is better overall.

Just making leveling harder, doesnt make it fun. Fun leveling died after they removed spell ranks and introduced heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    aside from actually finishing the quests/story in a zone, how do the new changes make it less boring? If a mob takes 30 more seconds to kill, how does that make leveling somehow fun?
    Because you have to use your brain at least a little bit in combat before level 110? And how is what you mentioned inconsequential? It also doesn't take 30 seconds, it takes more like 4-5 hits up from 0-1.

Tried leveling a toon from 10 to 20 (I'm out of gametime and out of money), and it felt pretty much the same time as before.
    You take a little longer killing a creature, but the reward exp from quests are slightly higher. Most quests reward 20%~25% exp at this level range.
    I was worried that it would take longer to level, but it felt really good for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This. I feel the best way to make leveling better at this point is to remove heirlooms.
    No thanks.