Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    Clearly done to sell more lvl 100 boosts and make more money, luckily i have a level 100 boost banked from buying legion or wod forgot what one it was
    Yeah, clearly. This is one of the top ten conspiracy theories on this site. No it isn't to sell more boosts, it is to make this game more appealing for new players. One shotting is not fun to someone who is going through their first time.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmale View Post
    People should try it before complaining also 45 sec to kill something what are you doing using your fist? running around naked? Heirloom Survival hunter can still one shot enemy's so i highly doubt it it would take any class that long. Anyway leveling a hunter took me about 2.5 hours to get to level 22 maxed cooking and engineering while leveling lost a little time there. Overall it feels like its going faster not much just slightly might be because of less downtime because you don't really change areas you just follow the quest and end up where you need to be.

My opinion its better then it was would had been nice if mobs did some more damage but it just feels less mind numbing.
    Sorry but 45 seconds?!

Are people melee hitting them as a caster or something?

I 2-3 shot stuff on my DK, Rogue and Warrior and still oneshot on my SV Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    Clearly done to sell more lvl 100 boosts and make more money, luckily i have a level 100 boost banked from buying legion or wod forgot what one it was
    Yeah sure it is. If you say so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sorry but 45 seconds?!

Are people melee hitting them as a caster or something?

I 2-3 shot stuff on my DK, Rogue and Warrior and still oneshot on my SV Hunter.
    Some dude here claimed that doubt that its true

The weapon of my choice are great balls of fire!

Some dude here claimed that doubt that its true
    Anyone claiming that is over exaggerating the situation to try and make it sound like the new system is comparable to Vanilla.

Simple as that.

Deleted
    45sec to kill a mob with heirloom
    =
    You are a LFR hero
    Or a newbie player that needs to learn to play

Beside that levelling is fine but they could have made some mobs "smarter" or with a different kit.

Like the Eredar Hunter mobs on argus that actually disengage when you are too close and slow stun you

Btw in the end this change is perfect on the long range because you are making new players using the actual kit of spells instead mongo spamming 1 spell.
    Hence they will know better their class going towards 110 and maybe people will not be clueless in pug.

I haven't tried leveling yet, but I am looking forward to it. Not because the mobs have more health or anything like that. I just like the idea of being able to complete the zones and get the story. I have been leveling a priest, running dungeons and doing some quests, one shotting things with penance, ridiculous, but kinda funny. The dungeons are shit though, if I go as dps. As a healer it is ok. The dungeon buff could make dungeon experience much better. I have most classes at 100+ anyway. Only priest and monk missing, so I might level them up now.

Have they scaled the dungeons the same way as the other content? Can I queue up now at lvl 15 and end up in Stratholme? Or queue at 50 and end up in Deadmines? That would be pretty cool. I hate getting stuck ending up in the same dungeon over and over when I queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    I haven't tried leveling yet, but I am looking forward to it. Not because the mobs have more health or anything like that. I just like the idea of being able to complete the zones and get the story. I have been leveling a priest, running dungeons and doing some quests, one shotting things with penance, ridiculous, but kinda funny. The dungeons are shit though, if I go as dps. As a healer it is ok. The dungeon buff could make dungeon experience much better. I have most classes at 100+ anyway. Only priest and monk missing, so I might level them up now.

Have they scaled the dungeons the same way as the other content? Can I queue up now at lvl 15 and end up in Stratholme? Or queue at 50 and end up in Deadmines? That would be pretty cool. I hate getting stuck ending up in the same dungeon over and over when I queue.
    As far as i know dungeons still have a minimum, but they will scale upwards to that tiers level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    people are really overestimating the travel time needed. Also, before dungeons were way better and faster for leveling and now it's not the case.

Basically, zone scaling doesn't offset the increase in mob hp, dungeon run time, not by a long shot.
    so dungeons scale too ? jezus this means that leveling will be utterly unberable

they are really pushing hard agenda of selling char booosts with allied races :/

i guess they see that wow is in final stade of cash cow :/

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so dungeons scale too ? jezus this means that leveling will be utterly unberable

they are really pushing hard agenda of selling char booosts with allied races :/

Why would you boost an allied race? You don't get the heritage armor.

Although it's safe to say what you are doing here so I won't respond further.

10+ Year Old Account

care to explain why its "utterly unberable"?

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Yeah, clearly. This is one of the top ten conspiracy theories on this site. No it isn't to sell more boosts, it is to make this game more appealing for new players. One shotting is not fun to someone who is going through their first time.
    make what appealing ? 110 levels of old outdated meaningless shit that is gating you from actual gameplay that starts when you hit max level ?

its like trying to make turd appealing to eat -_-

its done solely to sell boosts - there is no other reason

- - - Updated - - -

care to explain why its "utterly unberable"?
    becaue slow leveling is boring like hell unbearable shit not fun gameplay .

its definetly done to ensure people dont relevel new versions of old classes from 20 with allied races only buy char boosts/race changes

there is no other reason

As far as i know dungeons still have a minimum, but they will scale upwards to that tiers level cap.
    Does the "bonus exp" you get from completing dungeon scale as well?
    Meaning you get the same relative bonus doing something like stockades at level 20 as you would get doing it at level 50.

It's completely fine. Everyone is over-reacting in a way that proves this generation is addicted - not metaphorically, but literally addicted - to instant gratification and constant feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    make what appealing ? 110 levels of old outdated meaningless shit that is gating you from actual gameplay that starts when you hit max level ?

its like trying to make turd appealing to eat -_-

its done solely to sell boosts - there is no other reason

- - - Updated - - -

becaue slow leveling is boring like hell unbearable shit not fun gameplay .

its definetly done to ensure people dont relevel new versions of old classes from 20 with allied races only buy char boosts/race changes

there is no other reason
    What if I told you you can level faster now? Queue for dungeons and quest in a zone level 100 in no time you don't even have to change zones

Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    Does the "bonus exp" you get from completing dungeon scale as well?
    Meaning you get the same relative bonus doing something like stockades at level 20 as you would get doing it at level 50.
    It might, but FWIW, you don't see all instances in the dungeon finder even though you can reasonably decide to do them at any level because of the scaling. You see the same level-arranged instances you saw previously, so that's what you will likely go to anyway. This is one of the myriad of things they forgot to adjust. Their changes are just incredibly sloppy.

you really think new player will enjoy pressing 3 buttons for ~80 levels and eating after every second mob in a 2018 mmo?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a person who wants to bring as many alts as possible to the real game, I don't like it. I already have 6 alts and I was preparing to make another one (a druid this time). Afterwards, I was thinking of making a warrior. No, I don't like this change. I've been a WoW player since End-TBC. I've seen almost every zone so many times. Right now, I prefer to pay 1,5mil gold rather than do the whole "leveling" thing for 5 times as long as I was doing it before...

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    you really think new player will enjoy pressing 3 buttons for ~80 levels and eating after every second mob in a 2018 mmo?
    well some idiots seem to want exackly this thus classic wow will come in 2019

cant wait to the shitstorm on forums that will happen then when they realise how painfull it is

unless blizz has diabolical plan to put in char boosts for 100euro per char in classic servers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    This game is super old. There are no new players, only more or less old ones.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it. Not broken like it was before the patch, but still very quick.