Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yeah, out of the three leaders (Turalyon, Alleria, and Moira) - Moira actually makes the most sense. She was at least married to the Dark Iron Dwarf leader and in some monarchies that would be enough.
    Not only that... she is rising his child.
    Turalyon on the other hand seems to have stepped back also; with some female draenei throwing speaches (based on unlock-scenario-cinematic).

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You probably don't understand evolution either, do you.
    Do in a world of magic? Evolution can't be accelerated through a magical catalyst?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    For those who don't know the lore, in a dream Magni saw a Dark Iron Dwarf sitting on the Throne in Ironforge. This was just before he found out Moira was pregnant by the king of the Dark Irons, making her son heir to two kingdoms (Dark Iron and Bronzebeard). So, he banished her and that stayed in place until he became one with the mountain.

If you didn't read The Shattering, Moira returns as leader of The Dark Irons and takes over Ironforge. Varian is kinda forced to personally get involved since Anduin was in the city when the Dark Irons locked it down. Anduin convinces him to not kill or banish her and instead The Council of Three Hammers is formed. Even though she is a Bronzebeard herself, she is viewed by all three clans as the leader of the Dark Irons first and foremost.

The distrust toward the Dark Irons by the other two clans continued until the events of the Blood in the Snow scenario. Varian asked Ironforge to join him in defending their own lands from the Trolls who were preparingn to attack. The Wildhammer and Bronzebeard Clans refused out of fear the Dark Irons would take over the city again. So, Moira stepped in and joined Varian (and 3 Adventurers) in driving them out and ending the threat to Dun Morogh. Ashamed and humiliated, the other two clans vowed to work with the Dark Irons from then on.

Magni's awakening at the start of Legion caused a stir in Ironforge and there were fears for what it could mean for the Council of Three Hammers. The first thing Crystal Magni said was "I didn't come back to reclaim the throne", saying the city is in good hands. Father and daughter finally mended the fence as well. Through right of succession, Moira's son Fenran would be king of Ironforge through Moira and also Shadowforge City through his father's bloodline once he is of age. Lorewise I think he's about 6 years old now so...yeah. Chances are good The Council will have something figured out by the time he is of age.

All that said, Moira is unquestioningly considered the leader of just the Dark Irons.
    I believe the Council of Three Hammers will only be in effect until Dagran comes of age, in which case he'll become the Emperor of both Ironforge and Shadowforge. I'm sure by that time though the Dark Irons and Bronzebeards will be less hostile towards one another.

As for the topic, no, Moira will not become a Dark Iron. Well I mean culturally she will if not already has assimilate(d) into the Dark Iron culture, but Dark Irons are just another race of dwarves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    They mature like 3 times slower than humans , so a dwarft should be at least 40 to be adult maybe more.
    Would they even have to wait until he was a full grown adult though? Having a spoiled boy emperor would be an interesting character and a great foil for Anduin .

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You've really turned that obession up to 11 haven't you?
    I was 95% sure it is a troll, but now no doubt remains since he has no issue with alleria/void elf being carbon copy of illidonger/DH but post something like that. Just left curious who is behind it. Will there be subtle clues?! Let the games begin!

Dark Irons were changed by Ragnaros. They were just a dwarf clan before, like the Wildhammers and Bronzebeard. They didn't get red eyes and coal skin until Ragnaros took them under his service. So...It's up to Smolderon really, he could turn her into a Dark iron.

But yes, the correct term in this case would be Flameforged, not Shadowforged.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2018-01-16 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Dark Irons were changed by Ragnaros. They were just a dwarf clan before, like the Wildhammers and Bronzebeard. They didn't get red eyes and coal skin until Ragnaros took them under his service. So...It's up to Smolderon really, he could turn her into a Dark iron.
    The eyes are the only "gift" of Ragnaros, the skin tone make naturally i think.

After all, Blackrock orcs are also black due them heavily related to mining / blacksmithing / living in mountain fortress, be it Draenor or Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Do in a world of magic? Evolution can't be accelerated through a magical catalyst?
    Not really, no. Unless you use time magic to just speed up everything, but that wouldn't really be the kind of thing you're thinking off.
    The only way to speed up evolution is to shorten the time between generations.

Otherwise, magic is just one of the enviromental pressures creatures would evolve to adapt to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Would they even have to wait until he was a full grown adult though? Having a spoiled boy emperor would be an interesting character and a great foil for Anduin .
    At three times slower, that would still be around 40 years of age. He'd be equivalent to a 2 year old right now. 40 would be just over 13.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron dwarves are not void infused dwarves.

What is this--you people what--

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The eyes are the only "gift" of Ragnaros, the skin tone make naturally i think.

After all, Blackrock orcs are also black due them heavily related to mining / blacksmithing / living in mountain fortress, be it Draenor or Azeroth.
    So... they just need to take a shower, and were brown/ green (Depending if WoD/ Mag'har or MU old Horde) again? I knew it!!!

Well, all dwarves are decended from earthen, so the Dark Iron Dwarves skin could just be due to the color of the earthen they mutated from. I say mutated rather than evolved because the "curse of flesh" is what changed them. Inside Uldum I believe the earthen mobs were in multiple colors.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    We are very likely meeting a splinter faction of them on Kul'Tiras and saving their lives there, upon what they return to Shadowforge city and establish more diplomatic ties with us (Moira might be having issues keeping them at bay; we basically marched in there and slaughtered them all over their city...).

The 1-20 experience is very likely happening in Shadowforge; I'd say they will make us re-experience most of BRD in the opening experience (in form of a quest-line spanning trough the dungeon)

There's truth in this;
    - Lightforged draenei are lead by a human paladin; Turalyon
    - Voidelves are lead by a void-elven ranger, who for some reason turns back to a HE when not under absolute stress; Alleria
    - Dark Iron dwarves are lead by an Ironforge princess; Moira

At least for alliance races... horde ones seem more connected... except for maybe the Highmountan tauren, who are partly led by a black dragon.
    And let's not forget that the Nightborne are led by a NightFALLEN! (Ofc, Thalyssra is back to her Nightborne version, but you get my point xD).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post

But yes, the correct term in this case would be Flameforged, not Shadowforged.
    Well according to someone else on this thread, they changed gradually via EVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So... they just need to take a shower, and were brown/ green (Depending if WoD/ Mag'har or MU old Horde) again? I knew it!!!
    Nah, it's probably burned in at this point. You'd have to get them out of the enviroment for years until the skin replaces.