Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Punch Deathwing in the Face from Badlands, and Maximilian's "Damsel" in Distress line from Ungoro are still probably my all time favorites. With Max's taking the top spot ofc. The climactic ending was lerls and lols in abundance. Its a shame Blizzard doesnt do these kinds of comedy storylines anymore.

No, shitty memelord pop culture references dont count.

Hillsbrad Foothills and Azshara as horde, Duskwood and Westfall as ally. Also Felwood has a worthy chain.

stonetalon is great.

hillsbrad also has its moments.

Deleted
    redridge mounatins, western/eastern plaguelands

Bellular's latest video is about zones to lvl in, might wanna check it out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Be sure to do the welcome to the machine quest if you're going horde.
    ah yes, the questgiver quest

10+ Year Old Account
    Is chain-dungeoning still viable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Which vanilla zones have good stories and are worth going through now that you can't out level a zone anymore?

Dosen't matter if horde or alliance.
    duskwood was cool to me with the whole piecing together of the mistmantle storyline and the abomination storyline.
    Eastern and Western Plaguelands too
    Hinterlands had some here and there.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    You talking in the live game now or pre cataclysm? Because if it's pre Cataclysm there aren't very many standouts. There are a few awesome moments like when you meet Tirion and everything that follows that but they didn't start doing actual "good" story content in the game until like Wrath.

If we are talking from the Cataclysm zones though they are all pretty decent. Stonetalon for the Alliance and Horde is good but I hear the Horde side is better. Badlands has some pretty funny moments. Westfall is pretty good. To name a few.

Half these responses are not Vanilla zones, they are Cata zones. Like, are we talking 1-60 on live or 1-60 on Classic?

If on Classic, many of the responses will actually put you in fairly boring zones because the quest lines being brought up didn't exist.

I like that all the zones with good story are the modern stories from Cata. Is there even any Vanilla zones with their traditional stories intact? Cause, some of the original stories were not so good or even stories, mostly this group is invading, help us kill them.

The Cata revamp really improved a ton of the stories and added story depth to them. In Vanilla I remember stuff from EPL and WPL being interesting, but most of the zones pretty basic or even really devoid of much actual story beyond what I stated above.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    stitches!!!!!!!!!!
    Or the legend of Stalvan!

Duskwood is also one of my favorite. Lots of long quest lines that really meant something in the end. The atmosphere is also very creepy, with the undeads and the worgens.

Stone talon mountain, Cata...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Undead starting zone + Silverpine as well as Human starting zone up to and including Duskwood (skipping redridge).

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Half these responses are not Vanilla zones, they are Cata zones. Like, are we talking 1-60 on live or 1-60 on Classic?

If on Classic, many of the responses will actually put you in fairly boring zones because the quest lines being brought up didn't exist.
    I mean for current WoW. I thought i made that clear in the post.. maby not :/.

I plan on doing an alt with this new lvling system, and since you don't out level and can stay in the zone until your done, i was looking for good zones to try out in this new patch

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Badlands is pretty amusing when you get to the Deathwing bit.

Southern Barrens or Stonetalon for Horde has some decent stuff.

Thousand Needles is pretty decent once you get the boat and start going after the Grimtotem.

Beyond that I can't think of anything else sorry.
    All of the undead zones are great.

Duskwood stood out the most for me. Especially those two elites in the zone that like to come out of nowhere and slaughter you. The atmosphere and creepiness of some of the quests were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    All of the undead zones are great.
    Yeahhh, Desolace leads to the Scarlet Crusade, which is a good story. The centaur war is the first faction you get to choose, too, IIRC.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Is chain-dungeoning still viable?
    Not really. Its much slower now due to hugely increased HP AND less relative Xp earned. Loom stats have also been nerfed. And until healers come to grasps with the fact that they arent there to dps, people are dying left right and center. Which only causes wipes, rage-quits and generally slows the pace even more. Ive also seen people quitting if they get the longer/more annoying dungeons popping, which is something ive not seen since cata.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-01-17 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Not really. Its much slower now due to hugely increased HP AND less relative Xp earned. Loom stats have also been nerfed. And until healers come to grasps with the fact that they arent there to dps, people are dying left right and center. Which only causes wipes, rage-quits and generally slows the pace even more. Ive also seen people quitting if they get the longer/more annoying dungeons popping, which is something ive not seen since cata.
    NnnoooooooooooOOOOooooooooOOOOoooooooooooooooAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrrrrgh.
    Since dungeons scale now, can't I just repeatedly run the super convenient BRD route with the flame elemental boss?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    NnnoooooooooooOOOOooooooooOOOOoooooooooooooooAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrrrrgh.
    Since dungeons scale now, can't I just repeatedly run the super convenient BRD route with the flame elemental boss?
    I mean, im sure you could, but it would be even less xp per run than it did. Ive not tried it as i dont have a char in that range atm. And you would still hit the 10 instance per hour cap just like always. Only you'll do so now having earned less xp than you used to.