Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It affects people because they want a new mount to be obtainable doing current or future content, not past content.

I have the Ultramarine, though, if that matters any!
    Both scarab mount threads seem like its you vs the world. Are you quite the passionate mount collector?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Both scarab mount threads seem like its you vs the world. Are you quite the passionate mount collector?
    I dunno. There's quite a surprising lot of people who at least mention that they don't fully agree with the decision, and some that heavily disagree with it. I expected less.

But yeah, Qiraji are my favorite mount type, from the moment I started playing, and they still are. That probably causes the "passion", but I honestly think the same of any mount that gets added. If it were a horse or raptor, or whatever, I would've had the same or a similar opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Fix'd that for you
    Yeah, no way its as high as .2% more like .002% and thats including wotlk ppl.

Incoming AQ timewalking

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    Incoming AQ timewalking
    In my opinion, what would be cool is like a pre-launch event AQ Timewalking with a mythic difficulty or something, and if you take it down with a guild, you get a guild achievement that awards this mount.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Yeah, no way its as high as .2% more like .002% and thats including wotlk ppl.
    Something 250 people out of 10,000,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Sorry we're occupied laughing about you and the rest of these casual scrubs. Maybe ask yourself if you deserve to have mimiron's head and invincible although you never killed the respective bosses when they were current content.
    I'd be fine with them removing those mythic only mounts. People shouldn't be able to get them trivially expansions later.

An equivalent argument would be if they updated the model for the Black Proto Drake, and then gave it only to people who had the original Black Proto Drake.

Or if they removed Mimiron's head from the loot table, and then a decade later updated the model and gave it to people who had the original.

No one in this thread is arguing that they should just be handed the mount. Most people are arguing against people who have literally done nothing to earn a new mount, are getting a free, updated mount, for something done a decade ago, likely during the WotLK exploit.

All people really want is the opportunity to get the new mount. Make it ungodly difficult, fine, but why make a new mount, and give it away for free, to people who've done nothing?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'd be fine with them removing those mythic only mounts. People shouldn't be able to get them trivially expansions later.

An equivalent argument would be if they updated the model for the Black Proto Drake, and then gave it only to people who had the original Black Proto Drake.

Or if they removed Mimiron's head from the loot table, and then a decade later updated the model and gave it to people who had the original.

No one in this thread is arguing that they should just be handed the mount. Most people are arguing against people who have literally done nothing to earn a new mount, are getting a free, updated mount, for something done a decade ago, likely during the WotLK exploit.

All people really want is the opportunity to get the new mount. Make it ungodly difficult, fine, but why make a new mount, and give it away for free, to people who've done nothing?
    Just because they're adding new content to the game doesn't mean it's automatically required that it become obtainable by newer players. This would be like if they offered optional updated skins for Benediction, Anathema, or Rhok'delar. That would be a very cool thing to do for veteran players and it would go against the entire ethos of a reward like that to make it obtainable by people who weren't playing at the time.

I don't have a scarab mount, but I'm 100% fine with them keeping the prestige intact while updating the model. Plenty of other stuff for newer players or people who didn't get 'em while they were hot.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Just because they're adding new content to the game doesn't mean it's automatically required that it become obtainable by newer players. This would be like if they offered optional updated skins for Benediction, Anathema, or Rhok'delar. That would be a very cool thing to do for veteran players and it would go against the entire ethos of a reward like that to make it obtainable by people who weren't playing at the time.

I don't have a scarab mount, but I'm 100% fine with them keeping the prestige intact while updating the model. Plenty of other stuff for newer players or people who didn't get 'em while they were hot.
    So they should add content.... that the current playing and paying customers.... cannot obtain, and make it only obtainable by completing a questline.... 13 years old?

Let's make the next raid only enterable by people who cleared ToC in WotLK.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-01-18 at 09:36 PM.
    – C.S. Lewis

So they should add content.... that the current playing and paying customers.... cannot obtain, and make it only obtainable by completing a questline.... 13 years old?

Let's make that updated horse model a mount.

But only given to players that have the original retired Palomino mount!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Let's make that updated horse model a mount.

But only given to players that have the original retired Palomino mount!
    Yeah...

Also, I don't mind veteran rewards, for those who are arguing a reward for loyalty. The issue is, this is rewarded to people for completing an ancient quest. They could have gotten their mount, cancelled their sub, and restarted it today to get the new mount. There is no "loyalty" or "veteran" reward.
    – C.S. Lewis

So they should add content.... that the current playing and paying customers.... cannot obtain, and make it only obtainable by completing a questline.... 13 years old... that is currently only able to be completed by inventing time travel?

Yeah, that's totally the same thing. An entire raid that rewards gear crucial for the progression of your character is a lot like one event-based mount skin.

Sorry you can't get your bug mount. I guess you can't have everything. Spreading your FOMO all over the place probably won't get them to reconsider, though.

Yeah, that's totally the same thing. An entire raid that rewards gear crucial for the progression of your character is a lot like one event-based mount skin.

Sorry you can't get your bug mount. I guess you can't have everything. Spreading your FOMO all over the place probably won't get them to reconsider, though.
    I don't care about the ugly bug mount. I care that content is being created that actively excludes current players.

And also, I didn't say this raid was tier or crucial for progression. Please try to keep up and not twist my words.

They should make an updated ToC, only accessible by those who cleared the original.

Not sure why this upsets you though, "Just because they're adding new content to the game doesn't mean it's automatically required that it become obtainable by newer players". "That would be a very cool thing to do for veteran players"
    – C.S. Lewis

They clearly updated the model for the event, not for scarab lords. that was just the bonus not the incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    They clearly updated the model for the event, not for scarab lords. that was just the bonus not the incentive.
    I assume you have a blue quote to verify your statement? I had not heard of this. If true, then it's less of a big deal.
    – C.S. Lewis

I don't care about the ugly bug mount. I care that content is being created that actively excludes current players.

And also, I didn't say this raid was tier or crucial for progression. Please try to keep up and not twist my words.

They should make an updated ToC, only accessible by those who cleared the original.
    Ahhhh. So you're not so much a disenfranchised wannabe bug-rider, but a champion for the fair and equitable access to content? Understood. I'll make more of an effort to keep up with your intricate hypothetical scenarios in the future.

Luckily, I still think you're wrong. Little perks like this (and yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say one mount skin ain't exactly an entire raid) for veteran players of a 13+ year old game is a good thing. You don't have a right to every piece of content they create just because you're a current player. You're welcome to think so and to tell everyone you think so, but it seems like Blizzard agrees with me on this one.

Ahhhh. So you're not so much a disenfranchised wannabe bug-rider, but a champion for the fair and equitable access to content? Understood. I'll make more of an effort to keep up with your intricate hypothetical scenarios in the future.

Luckily, I still think you're wrong. Little perks like this (and yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say one mount skin ain't exactly an entire raid) for veteran players of a 13+ year old game is a good thing. You don't have a right to every piece of content they create just because you're a current player. You're welcome to think so and to tell everyone you think so, but it seems like Blizzard agrees with me on this one.
    They could just update the health and damage and re-release it, not anywhere near the difficulty of a whole new raid.

Sorry the hypotheticals are too intricate for you, I will try to simplify them in the future.
    – C.S. Lewis

They could just update the health and damage and re-release it, not anywhere near the difficulty of a whole new raid.

Sorry the hypotheticals are too intricate for you, I will try to simplify them in the future.
    Good thing I got the quote in before you edited out the pettiness.

Finally, we agree on something! Blizzard Entertainment is capable of updating an old raid. Glad that's settled. Now remind me again how this means you should get a bug mount?

Listen; I believe a mount skin is well within a reasonable person's threshold for what's acceptable for Blizzard to produce and only offer to specific legacy achievement-havers. Clearly you don't, and that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You are aware that some people were awarded it legitimately.
    No. No one of them done it legitimately. No one. No one of them are free from sin. It's an original sin.
    Last edited by sonololo; 2018-01-19 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Why are you so hellbent on people "cheesing it"?

You are aware that some people were awarded it legitimately, and that you're just whining, right? Perhaps you need some of that cheese to go with your whine?

My god, man or woman, get a grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that's not the way the world works, apparently.
    No. Even worse, I'm going to continue giving my opinion, statement, claims and facts. I'm going to do that now, I'm going to do that in an hour from now.

I will do it on this topic and any other topic that pertains to my interest. On this very forum, this public online forum.

And you - will deal with it.

I hope you don't wake up in a cold sweat from the nightmare where someone expresses their disagreement tonight.