Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Quite the response, seems DACA is divided into two camps: those who support it, and those who have no idea what it is.
    Probably a pretty accurate estimation. Keep in mind that Trump is on record supporting it. And hating it. Because Trump apparently falls in both camps, because of course he does.

Of course, your average Trump shill on here makes six figures, has a PhD (In something unspecified), was probably a former Navy Seal (Because most of the military is actually Navy Seals), and is a definite chick magnet, in addition to knowing literally everything about every topic discussed. And most of them do not support DACA (Unless Trump does, so that changes every day or so), so that kind of goes against your hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Quite the response, seems DACA is divided into two camps: those who support it, and those who have no idea what it is.
    It's like when Roy Moore got asked about DACA/Dreamers and literally had no idea what either was despite the radio host interviewing him spending almost a minute trying frantically to prompt him, only to have Moore get angry and demand that he just tell him outright.

10+ Year Old Account
    and Republicans are going to shut down the government over a Wall that will never be built.

It goes both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Really now?

Well you'd be in the minority, since the vast majority of Americans favor granting work permits or citizenship for Dreamers.

And I deliberately used a Fox News poll, so you can't claim 'bias'.

Dunno, can you make a case for DACA deportation without resorting to pointless hypotheticals?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it's Republicans and their consistent opposition of minimum wage hikes.
    Answer the Namibia hypothetical. It is relevant to establishing the people's authority to congrol their immigration and the morality of subverting the established protocol. I choose Namibia, because, as you well know, it's obviously a problem so long as one's vision isnt clouded by white guilt/loathing.

The poll you posted said that 62% want action taken om DACA. guess what. some of those wan't them sent back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Of course he doesn't know who they are. All he knows is that Hannity told him they were evil foreigners. You also missed the other part of the sentence, where he claims that labor is basically free in the US... That would come as very unexpected news to the accountants where I work, because we are paying a premium for all forms of labor in this economy.
    you really think that the 20k a year salary a year for the average millennial is a premium? Adjust for inflation and compare to wages in 1950 or so. It's dirt cheap. Just because it's even cheaper offshore because of irresponsible trade policy doesn't change that labor is historically cheap in the US.

The bean counters will obviously bitch about the cost because they're bean counters. It's their job to push the cost down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    Answer the Namibia hypothetical.
    No? We're not talking about Namibia.

It is relevant to establishing the people's authority to congrol their immigration and the morality of subverting the established protocol.
    "I am going to justify my despicable opinion by an appeal to the law rather than analysing whether or not said law is actually beneficial in the first place."

I choose Namibia, because, as you well know, it's obviously a problem so long as one's vision isnt clouded by white guilt/loathing.
    "White guilt" has nothing to do with it; it's a function of basic human decency not deporting Americans to a country they have no memory of and have no roots in.

The poll you posted said that 62% want action taken om DACA. guess what. some of those wan't them sent back.
    Yeah, no. According to the Fox News poll, 86% of those polled are in favor of granting DACA beneficiaries work permits, and 72% are in favor of granting them citizenship.

You are in a sad minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No? We're not talking about Namibia.

"I am going to justify my despicable opinion by an appeal to the law rather than analysing whether or not said law is actually beneficial in the first place."

"White guilt" has nothing to do with it; it's a function of basic human decency not deporting Americans to a country they have no memory of and have no roots in.

Yeah, no. According to the Fox News poll, 86% of those polled are in favor of granting DACA beneficiaries work permits, and 72% are in favor of granting them citizenship.

You are in a sad minority.
    I somehow doubt the same people that voted in the candidate chanting "ten feet higher" want to give citizenship or work permits.

If DACA is such a huge deal, lets build the wall. That's the price. That way no child has to grow up in limbo between 2 countries. I agree that's an unfortunate situation.

The only reason not to build the wall (or implement some other serious border security) is you want tbis problem to happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I somehow doubt the same people that voted in the candidate chanting "ten feet higher" want to give citizenship or work permits.
    It's almost as if some of them actually know what DACA is and why it's inhumane to deport the Dreamers.

If DACA is such a huge deal, lets build the wall. That's the price. That way no child has to grow up in limbo between 2 countries. I agree that's an unfortunate situation.
    Or, how about we don't hold people hostage for some stupid right wing vanity project.

If the wall is not strong enough to stand on its own merits, it shouldn't be built.

The only reason not to build the wall (or implement some other serious border security) is you want tbis problem to happen again.
    Or because it's a massive ass waste of public resources that could go towards literally -everything- else.

Walls don't work. Just ask China.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Build a wall...at taxpayer's expense...
    What the hell happened to making Mexico pay for it? A reality check?
    Forcing the Americans pay for it...wtg trump zealots.

(a) You'd be surprised, and
    (b) Hardliners at Trump rallies and the broader Republican base are two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Build a wall...at taxpayer's expense...
    What the hell happened to making Mexico pay for it? A reality check?
    Forcing the Americans pay for it...wtg trump zealots.
    John Kelly started quietly implying the reality that the wall will be paid for by Americans, Trump has shot back at that and doubled down on his old lie.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/u...rder-wall.html

He seems to think it's going to come out of the trade surplus, which shows about how much he knows about... anything...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...51365532876800
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Or because it's a wildly expensive, ineffective "solution" to a problem that's already resolving itself (illegals are leaving faster than arriving now, most are actually visa overstays rather than southern border hoppers too). Because it's ignoring huge ramifications to local communities/commerce/the environment for the sake of "YEAH BUILD THE WALL! EMOTIONAL SECURITY BLANKET YEAH!" Because Mexico will not, in fact, pay for it and never will.

Out of curiosity, what is your PHD even in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Seems like a waste of an education since you don't even know information that can be found with a cursory google search.
    Probably because his Ph. D. comes from a cereal box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honey wheat Cheerios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Probably got it from a mail order college.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Probably got it from a mail order college.
    *Trump University

10+ Year Old Account
    *Trump University
    There's a difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    There's a difference?
    Yeah, mail order colleges might actually teach you something.

Being against the DACA is actually not a popular stance except among the ignorant neanderthals that don't know what it is.

That's why even the GOP are willing to backtrack but they're stonewalling themselves because of being between a rock and a hard place over the whole ordeal. The blind Trump loving loyalists who don't have a fucking clue what it is obviously support killing it and will primary any Republican who supports the DACA or is anti wall, while the Dems will have a field day with the talking points and will destroy any Republican who supports the DACA being effectively killed and Americans getting deported.

Regarding the wall, it's a huge tax dollar drain that does fuck all against the largest source of illegal immigration; people coming into the country legally, and often by plane as well, on tourist or work visas and overstaying. Illegal immigration is already on a huge downswing anyways and the only people who still think it's a huge problem are the same people who think we actually had like 40% unemployment and sky rocketing murder rates because Trump said so.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-01-19 at 03:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Democrates? Is that like Socrates lesser-known brother?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Who is Democrates? Is that like Socrates lesser-known brother?
    He was a Greek philosopher, specifically part of the collective known nowadays as Pythagoras. It's especially funny when you look into the thing he's known for, The Golden Verses of Pythagoras. Look it up and enjoy the irony.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    He was a Greek philosopher, specifically part of the collective known nowadays as Pythagoras. It's especially funny when you look into the thing he's known for, The Golden Verses of Pythagoras. Look it up and enjoy the irony.
    I was actually attempting to be funny, because I was totally unaware that Democrates was a real person.

Those Golden Verses tho, I like.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Did Republicans even discuss border security proper with Democrats? Afaik, it has been wall, wall, wall, all the time, which a lot of people see as wasteful. I personally think that Democrats would not mind better border security, but they seem to wish for a more sensible approach that will not become a massive tax burden for generations to come.
    Let's face it, the wall is Trump's Hoover Dam. He just wants to build himself a big monument that everyone knows and that will be too costly to remove/change later.