Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    New level curve goes into effect halfway through Tues.

Reaches level 100 on Thurs.

"But it takes too long to level now!!!! Bwaaaaaa!!!!!" -Random hater of new changes.

So much for that complaint. As a point of posterity, what was the OPs time /played to reach 100? Not that it REALLY matters, since it can't be much more than 48 hours.
    They probably also did every MoP daily on 10 characters every day and complained that took too long.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I've played a little on my 52 Rogue. My take is some ppl are getting confused between something more challenging or something tedious. The game feels more of the latter to me. Play the game w/o skada or recount and it will make you feel as if your character's damage is greatly nerfed. If Blizzard went that direction instead, I'm pretty sure those who defend this current change would be complaining instead.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    but god forbid you speak against the masses, the mmo-champ knowitalls and the youtube personalities all yapping about how great this all is and suddently how leveling is "fixed". like, seriously my dudes, leveling has been so shafted throughout the expansions and you really believed a scaling bandaid was going to fix it?

it's nice that you don't have to hop through zones constantly, but from what i can gather myself this is the only positive. OP makes a very good point that a lot of people are missing: wow is not the game it used to be, not by a long shot. making leveling 'slower' is not going to make leveling miraculously better, same way taking off heirlooms before didin't. it's how the game's designed that makes the early level expierience completely obsolete. honestly, with wow all content below the current expansion lvl bracket has a been obsolete and leveling has been obsolete in this game for years. they should have adapted the mastery system from gw2 or something like it ages ago tbh. the new necklace could have easily been designed around that.
    If they wanted to make leveling hard, they would have tripled mob damage or something to actually make them dangerous. Mob HP is a scale only of time to kill, and thus affects time to level. More HP just means slower leveling. Reducing XP gains and massively increasing mob HP - doubling, in some cases - just makes leveling take 4x as long and thus 4x as tedious. It's not to make leveling harder, it's to make leveling irritating enough to skip via the paid boosts.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't get that either.

OP claims 2-3 days. In what sense is that a grind?
    When you used to be able to do it in half the time, it becomes a boring grind.

Say it only used to take 24 hours to get to 100. But you only played that Alt 1hour a day, because you work fulltime and often spend your nights either Raiding or doing stuff on your main like M+. 1 hour a day, takes you 24 days to hit 100.

Now say that time is doubled, now it takes 48hrs. people are like "hhurr but it's only 2 days". Ok but you put the same time into that character now in 7.3.5, 1 hour a day, 48hrs. Suddenly it takes 48 days to get to the same point.

I'm just sick of people that play 10hours a day that live at home and don't work who think doubling someones needed time investment to get to the same point in the game isn't a bullshit thing.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-01-19 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Look...mobs taking longer to kill is PERFECT. Absolute good job on Blizzard part. PERFECT DECISION.

What is not cool is not increasing XP gains in the world.

What everyone should be crying for is "more XP gain". So start doing it with constructive feedback.

There is nothing wrong in taking longer to kill mobs. The problem is that we didnt get XP increases.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Look...mobs taking longer to kill is PERFECT. Absolute good job on Blizzard part. PERFECT DECISION.

What is not cool is not increasing XP gains in the world.

What everyone should be crying for is "more XP gain". So start doing it with constructive feedback.

There is nothing wrong in taking longer to kill mobs. The problem is that we didnt get XP increases.
    Exactly. Yet many people can't wrap their head around the concept of not getting the same EXP for the same time investment.

Could someone on the US servers check:

1. The HP of bosses in old raids.

2. The HP of mobs in MoP or WoD (just one is enough) - preferably both in the world and in instances.

Are they fine now?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > 2 days to 100
    > grindy nightmare

Pick one
    Requiring 48 hours of time investment(or spending money) to get to the actual fun part of the game is absurd, especially when it used to be faster. And no, damage sponge mobs at low levels where both you and the mobs have no abilities isn't fun.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-01-19 at 04:16 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    main issue is mobs still deal the same damage, so its nothing like vanilla where if you pulled 2 defias mages you'd die in like 4 fireballs 100-0, you pull 2 and you die in like 15 fireballs mobs still deal no damage and are no threat they just stay around longer.

i mean imagine the difference from normal raids to mythic raids was just the bosses had 200% more hp, but no extra abilities no extra damage no extra mechanics, thats' not difficult to beat at all apart from a berserk timer, mobs need the extra damage and skills to make it feel like they're a threat.
    Gotta call bullshit on that m8.

I pulled 2 mobs, went fine. I pulled 3 mobs, and they slaughtered my Warlock pet and myself. At level 54. Wearing Heirlooms. I've seen people pull above capacity and die more times in early leveling since last reset than I previously did in years of playing.

I get the feeling that most of the whinging, comes from people that haven't actually been out there and tested it. Like the OP.

The leveling system is 100% an improvement. Can be improved further of course, but not through gutting it and making it the brainless speed run it used to be. If anything, they should up the damage of mobs.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-19 at 04:22 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Could someone on the US servers check:

1. The HP of bosses in old raids.

2. The HP of mobs in MoP or WoD (just one is enough) - preferably both in the world and in instances.

Are they fine now?

Thanks in advance.
    I checked EU, which isn't updated yet, and compared it to PTR.

MoP @ 89 didn't change (at 90+ you shouldn't be leveling there as kill-xp gets reduced to almost nothing)

WoD @ 100 is all I could compare. But level 99 ogres went from 203k to 137k.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I checked EU, which isn't updated yet, and compared it to PTR.

MoP @ 89 didn't change (at 90+ you shouldn't be leveling there as kill-xp gets reduced to almost nothing)

WoD @ 100 is all I could compare. But level 99 ogres went from 203k to 137k.
    Thank you.

As far as I understand, changes in MoP are only for level 90 mobs. I hope the change for WoD that is on the PTR will come to live via this extended maintenance.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Thank you.

As far as I understand, changes in MoP are only for level 90 mobs. I hope the change for WoD that is on the PTR will come to live via this extended maintenance.
    Well, I don't have a 90 atm on live/PTR, I do remember vaguely last week's PTR at level 90, mobs were over 50k health (up from 30-41k @ 89), so yes that 1 level did make a difference.

I dunno why mobs would continue to scale their health beyond 90 in MoP but apparently they do , which is super weird.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This. So much this
    NOT so much this, as time wasn't his point, fun factor was.

Seems to me, if you equate time spent with fun, you'll like these changes and if not, you won't.

Personally I'm glad I have all 110s.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I dunno why mobs would continue to scale their health beyond 90 in MoP but apparently they do , which is super weird.
    Damn it, that's another issue right there...

(Seriously, how many iterations do they need to fix it? What the hell was the purpose of testing?? <jackie-chan-raising-hands image here> Ah, well... Let's just wait, that's all we can do.)

I'm looking forward to leveling after these changes. I've been gone since MoP and did a few trial accounts to level 20 and found it went way to fast with heirlooms and I did not get to experience the zones as they were meant to be.

Of course people that play 110's daily, etc... won't like this new system, it's for new players to experience what others already have (at least the people who played for a long time).

^^ That's a disturbing nick, buddy. Consider changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    main issue is mobs still deal the same damage, so its nothing like vanilla where if you pulled 2 defias mages you'd die in like 4 fireballs 100-0, you pull 2 and you die in like 15 fireballs mobs still deal no damage and are no threat they just stay around longer.

i mean imagine the difference from normal raids to mythic raids was just the bosses had 200% more hp, but no extra abilities no extra damage no extra mechanics, thats' not difficult to beat at all apart from a berserk timer, mobs need the extra damage and skills to make it feel like they're a threat.
    Where you one of those guys using “of the owl” gear? “Of the eagle” gear people were facepalm worthy enough but atleast they could take a few hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Blizz recently is designing everything as "basically harmless but takes ages to kill". I don't understand why ANY of the mobs need to have so much HP? Not just leveling mobs, but those stupid mobs in Greater Invasions where I feel like I'm about to faceplant my keyboard out of boredom while it takes FOREVER to kill them. Ugh! /rantover.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I did 1-30 in the space of ~5 hours.
    Slacking and joking around with friends.
    My prev. best was a /played of ~2½ days from 1-110.
    So far it's matching the prev. curve pretty much.
    I am loving that I don't have to moderate/plan a route. I can just level, and not worry about out leveling a zone, spending needless time on transport.
    To you and other people that claim they leveled 1-100 in half an hour, could you please share your secrets with us?

I have a lock at 61 with about 30 hours of played and I’m pretty sure it will take another 30 mimimum to get it to 100 (even more with him new patch).

Probably 55 of these levels were also done in full rested mode, alone, with no looms and with the gear of quests only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The whole part of an MMO is progression, exploring the world, learning your character - formulating a bond with it, having a journey - I'm sorry it takes say 2 days rather than 1 day now, but it's better for the game, as I'm leveling an alt right now it feels far more fluid, I have far more choice where I go and how I do it - oh and people saying mobs don't do enough damage are clearly playing tanks, you can certainly die if you pull more than 4 or 5 mobs, especially at lower levels. Honestly if you're at the point where leveling is completely just a chore and you only care about endgame, then blizzard probably rationally concludes they don't need to cater their leveling process to you and keep it as it was, which is to say completely fractured. Before this change you could easily get to level 70 by just doing 2 zones in outlands, you could go straight to dragonblight at 72 and you'd hit 80 when you finish the zone, it was ridiculous. I'm sorry you're angry you have to actually play the game to get somewhere, it's so terrible right
    My lvl 61 lock that is using 3 buttons since level 20 or so does not quote the “learn your class” part since he will continue using 3 buttons even with the new patch.

I don't speak for anyone else, but with the changes I am enjoying leveling more. I've always liked questing though. The quest scaling is the part I really enjoy. I can finally finish a zone without doing half of it with grey quests.

The leveling pace is averaging about an hour per level for me which is fine, but I'm not in any rush to get to max. If you were I could see how that would be frustrating.

As far as the health scaling, its nice not just one shotting whole groups with keg smash. I still rarely have any combat last more than 5-10 secs per mob.
    Last edited by fatgunn; 2018-01-19 at 05:03 PM.