7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the age old "X MMO is dropping content on xx.xx.xxxx" argument, the predecessor to the "77 day rule".
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    Honestly, this idea that Blizzard tends to line up big content drops and reveals to coincide with other major releases from rival companies is silly. It has only happened everytime since I could remember, it's not like it's some sort of trend or anything.
    I loved when they openly denied doing it, or knowing anything about those releases. You do you Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    Honestly, this idea that Blizzard tends to line up big content drops and reveals to coincide with other major releases from rival companies is silly. It has only happened everytime since I could remember, it's not like it's some sort of trend or anything.
    In the end it's less game companies 'lining things up' and more that the business quarters always end at the same time for everyone and businesses look for ways to make those quarterly reports look good.

Another PTR patch! At work though, can't diff.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Darn you Blizzard!!!

- - - Updated - - -

No issues for me. And none of my guildies have gone offline in the past 20mins (about 10 of us on atm).
    It could be high pop realms, I, my brother and a friend had had random disconnects during loading screens for the past 2 hours. It seems Ok now at least.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    It could be high pop realms, I, my brother and a friend had had random disconnects during loading screens for the past 2 hours. It seems Ok now at least.
    Just blame the database for everything. That's what we do at my Uni.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Another PTR patch! At work though, can't diff.
    Hotfix/exe build no content changes

I hope they are done with it with todays patch so we can begin the BfA.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I hope they are done with it with todays patch so we can begin the BfA.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for a BFA Alpha/Beta for a couple more weeks.

"FFXIV is releasing the new 4.2 Patch. WoW's done for."- FFXIV fanboys (And I don't mean the regular FFXIV Players. I mean the FANBOY FFXIV PLAYERS).

Hahahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    FFXIV announced their big 4.2 patch for January 30th. It'd be a real shame if Blizzard had some shocking, surprising release to line up with that date that nobody has foreseen or predicted in any way.

/s
    No wonder they rushed this one. Get the tech fuckery out the way, then bam!
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the age old "X MMO is dropping content on xx.xx.xxxx" argument, the predecessor to the "77 day rule".
    Hey, it's been fairly accurate. Though I doubt we see Allied Races go live on the 30th already. Feels like they'd want to at least get some player testing done on Alpha/Beta first. Especially if they're still dealing with model issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I loved when they openly denied doing it, or knowing anything about those releases. You do you Blizzard.
    Didn't they like announce something tied to FF14 the very next day?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well to be fair, it is suspicious. How almost all the big releases of MMOs or big content patches of other games happen when blizzard decides to release their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hey, it's been fairly accurate. Though I doubt we see Allied Races go live on the 30th already. Feels like they'd want to at least get some player testing done on Alpha/Beta first. Especially if they're still dealing with model issues.

Didn't they like announce something tied to FF14 the very next day?
    IIRC, yes. Granted, it's likely that those who made those comments/design the game/etc really don't shoot for those dates, it's above them. But still, better to just not comment on it, than say "oh we don't do that" then release content consistently on/near large releases from other companies(cough cough Battleborn, Wildstar, Final Fantasy, Rift, GW2, etc)

Hey Marlamin, at least one Alpha Build datamined before February 1st, Yay or Nay ? what's your current feeling on that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    Hey Marlamin, at least one Alpha Build datamined before February 1st, Yay or Nay ? what's your current feeling on that ?
    I hope so. Not impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for a BFA Alpha/Beta for a couple more weeks.
    I have been invited to Technical Alpha before. I haven't gotten email from Blizzard, and it usually takes 2 weeks or a bit longer before I get in. So I don't see TA happening until after mid-Feb.

So people from NA : did the maintenance fix the horrid performance issue in raids ?

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just wondering, but will we see other Troll tribes on Zandalar?
    Since well all the Troll race came from here...Maybe Dark Trolls finally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So people from NA : did the maintenance fix the horrid performance issue in raids ?
    Haven't checked and the reason...Don't have game time...<3
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I am just wondering, but will we see other Troll tribes on Zandalar?
    Since well all the Troll race came from here...Maybe Dark Trolls finally.
    Dark Trolls are Night Elves now, so no.

You'll see Blood Trolls.