... LastLast
    Toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Toilet paper.
    To be replaced with three shells.

illegal immigrants, BUILD THE WALL

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Cable TV

I do not think supermarkets will be gone in 10yrs...maybe eventually but not 10 years.
    But some people still like cable, just like some people still like walking into glass doors, sitting in gum, preshaken sodas, and getting hit with a shopping cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    To be replaced with three shells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Annual nuisances and Government filings like Tax Returns, and such. Should be automated.

One can hope.
    It is here almost already around 80% of people here just need to log in and verify that the info is correct and you need to have done something out of the norm to need to alter anything.

my guess would be cash money tho i do not like the idea the positive of a cashless living is just too great ( for the government ) makes tax evasion for normal people much more tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Proper old school landline phone gets whatever little electricity it needs through the telephone lines.
    But the old school landline phones are useless, because the service provider switches to IP and no longer provides the phone line with the needed power.

This is also a big topic for fire alarm systems and emergency call systems in elevators.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You underestimate how slow some countries are with replacing legacy equipment.
    Depends where you draw the line i guess. Id bet some places still use a Guttenberg.

CBA to read through the thread....but toilet paper. It'll be replaced with seashells like in demolition man.

10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    It is here almost already around 80% of people here just need to log in and verify that the info is correct and you need to have done something out of the norm to need to alter anything.

my guess would be cash money tho i do not like the idea the positive of a cashless living is just too great ( for the government ) makes tax evasion for normal people much more tricky.
    cash isn't going anywhere in the next 10 years.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    cash isn't going anywhere in the next 10 years.
    People still use cash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People still use cash?
    yes. cash is frequently used here.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yes. cash is frequently used here.
    Sounds barbaric.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly cannot think of doing data processing or CAD work on a smartphone and I'd struggle to do it on a laptop.
    you would fall into the enthusiast / work requirement group. I work in IT (info sec) and I can use a laptop but its connected to 3 screens and a fairly beasty laptop.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People still use cash?
    All the time, and I'm faster in the drive-thru than people with debit/credit cards.

Gas cars. You’ll still see them but new ones won’t be purchasible

Desktops/laptops. We’re slowing inching to the era of augmented reality.

Mega retailers (Wal Mart, Target). They likely won’t survive the Amazon age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    It's actually quite common outside of the US. Not all people let themselves be deluded into easy over-spending and even pay the CC companies for it on top of it (through the prices stores set - the CC fees are included there).
    Have y'all never heard of debit or EFTPOS?

Physical money. Already very much on it's way out, especially in Denmark. Everywhere takes cards, or you can pay with your phone, and some places have even stopped taking cash entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Gas cars. You’ll still see them but new ones won’t be purchasible
    Desktops/laptops. We’re slowing inching to the era of augmented reality.
    Mega retailers (Wal Mart, Target). They likely won’t survive the Amazon age.
    The replacements are not as convenient, so those are not going anywhere.