Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    From what we know, Azsuna was at first suppose to have a lot more Kul Tiras influence. Tho there haven't been any Gorgrond sized reworks.
    Come to think of it, the Kul Tiran and Zandalari slaves have been there right in front of our faces for the whole expansion.

So you finally got that quantum chip for brute forcing? /s
    I do have hopes that the alpha client comes out (publicly) around that time. Hopefully 7.3.5's... mishaps... aren't causing too much of a delay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I do have hopes that the alpha client comes out (publicly) around that time. Hopefully 7.3.5's... mishaps... aren't causing too much of a delay.
    Did you see that WoWhead was hiring a Dataminer? Full time, Fully paid medical and dental, paid Life Insurance, 401k with contribution matching...

Could be pretty swanky!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Did you see that WoWhead was hiring a Dataminer? Full time, Fully paid medical and dental, paid Life Insurance, 401k with contribution matching...

Could be pretty swanky!
    No thanks.

~woosh, future quote~

They could always do what they did for Legion and have the first build be just the Demo (with a bit less constraints). Heck, they could probably also use it to test the 4 subraces pretty much done (file-wise).
    My theory is that they've been doing exactly that (focus testing allied races) since the client went up in mid-December, albeit only for employees and with a small group of contractors. Gives them the possibility to "surprise" us with content not yet publicly tested.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-01-19 at 10:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They could always do what they did for Legion and have the first build be just the Demo (with a bit less constraints). Heck, they could probably also use it to test the 4 subraces pretty much done (file-wise).

- - - Updated - - -

Could be pretty swanky!
    Makes sense to expand the time before regular test builds start rolling out.

- - - Updated - - -

~woosh, future quote~

My theory is that they've been doing exactly that (focus testing allied races) since the client went up in mid-December, albeit only for employees and with a small group of contractors. Gives them the possibility to "surprise" us with content not yet publicly tested.
    Damn those quantum chips are good, you can even predict the future...

But yeah, there probably will be something new to the demo build added, since there has been a lot more time than between legion demo and alpha. Either new stuff with first build, or it's gonna be getting regular updates from the starts (for focused testing)
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2018-01-19 at 10:48 PM.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

But yeah, there probably will be something new to the demo build added, since there has been a lot more time than between legion demo and alpha. Either new stuff with first build, or it's gonna be getting regular updates from the starts (for focused testing)
    Either way I'm excited for 8.0 datamining to start. Still need to improve a bunch of my tools to be able to deal with larger patches, but hot damn am I excited for it!

They did not test the WoD Race updates so I don’t see why they’d need to test the Allied Races?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sense to expand the time before regular test builds start rolling out.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn those quantum chips are good, you can even predict the future...

Did anyone actually get through the entire demo? I was under the impression that the time limit essentially prevented people from getting through all the content in the demo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    They did not test the WoD Race updates so I don’t see why they’d need to test the Allied Races?

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone actually get through the entire demo? I was under the impression that the time limit essentially prevented people from getting through all the content in the demo.
    Streamers, I don't think so. Somebody in the demo area, probably. I find it interesting that the Nazmir demo video with Lore went and actually done different quests in the zone than streamers did. Streamers stuck to the necropolis while Lore went off to the Blood Troll village and sand snake people are.

There's a bunch of scenarios/quests involved that would definitely have needed testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Would be interesting if on the 30th they announced pre-orders that came with guaranteed beta access as some point.
    I doubt they will ever do that again.

- - - Updated - - -

So you finally got that quantum chip for brute forcing? /s

- - - Updated - - -

It actually does. The BfA Blizzcon demo had way more stuff than the Legion Blizzcon demo.

BfA demo: 2 allied races(tho we know now that 4 are done already), 2 zones, 2 dungeons, stat squish.
    Legion demo: 1 unfinished class, 1 semi-finished zone (heck, not even the whole DH starting experience was in, just the Mardum part).

And the BfA zones that were demoed have a lot more unique models than mardum had.

Not sure if other expansions had a Blizzcon demo.
    MoP had panda starting zone. WoD had like 10% of shadowmoon valley done that was later reworked completely.

- - - Updated - - -

From what we know: Completely Done.

The Dungeons are fully functional and all artwork and effects are in place (Barring any later changes) and the questing/leveling zones we saw were similarly complete, but next-door to zones that weren't.
    Next door zones weren't dont quest wise, but seemed very far along art wise. They are probably about done art wise now and working on finishing quests for those zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They also had to waste a lot of time to accomodate all the year pass people.
    Meaning it probably could have launched a month sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Trying to find the Blizzcon Demos and see on how much work they put out in each expansion.
    Sorry if it seems I am re-posting the video you just uploaded.

So we could know on how long Alpha/Beta could be for Battle for Azeorth.
    5.5 month beta. Prepatch with most system changes up in 2.5 months for testing. So yes, im predicting the prepatch on ptr by late April.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way I'm excited for 8.0 datamining to start. Still need to improve a bunch of my tools to be able to deal with larger patches, but hot damn am I excited for it!
    Peronally guessing early Feb after allied races launch. Feb 8th beta launch. April 18th prepatch on ptr. June 26th prepatch launch date. July 24th BFA launch date.

Quick question, the new silithus quests, are we meant to have been able to complete a full chapter in our quest logs this week as alliance?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Quick question, the new silithus quests, are we meant to have been able to complete a full chapter in our quest logs this week as alliance?
    The chapters are for the Cata silithus leveling quests.

There’s an achievement for them?

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Sorry, might have already been mentioned, but is this a new layout for the default actionbars?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There’s an achievement for them?
    Nah, he was probably looking at the Cata chapters.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah, he was probably looking at the Cata chapters.
    Ahh, fair enough, I saw someone saying here previously that there were chapters for it, so i assumed thats what they were associated with. Thanks for setting me straight.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Sorry, might have already been mentioned, but is this a new layout for the default actionbars?
    Yes. /10chars

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Ahh, fair enough, I saw someone saying here previously that there were chapters for it, so i assumed thats what they were associated with. Thanks for setting me straight.
    The assumption is thing will release weekly in "chapters," but that's not the chapters you see on the map for Silithus.

Also I see Blizz spunged all the Allied Race stuff out of the PTR Embassies as well. Guessing that was in today's PTR update.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2018-01-20 at 12:06 AM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    From what we know: Completely Done.
    ROFLMAO. this dude is full of it like always....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    ROFLMAO. this dude is full of it like always....
    1) Girl.
    2) We've seen the entire zones at Blizzcon through various streamers, and the videos issued by the team at Blizzcon.
    3) Fuck off.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.