Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, it's a disingenuous trick question, that's what it is.

You have no honest intention to engage with it in good faith.

If so, tell me how you would engage with this and make it a productive discussion if I said:

It should be 10% quicker with full heirlooms?

What if I said it should take 75% of the current time with heirlooms?

And 50%?

And 25%?
    The OP blasts to level 100 in 2 days with the new system. You and the OP still think this is too slow and unreasonable, despite the game offering plenty of alternatives to skip/boost leveling if you find that boring.

That's why the question is important. You don't want to use the alternatives provided for people like you who just want to reach end-game instantly. Yet you want to ruin for other people who have asked to not make leveling a complete joke for the longest time.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Overall XP increase from 1 to 110 is only ~5.5%.
    In absolute numbers perhaps, but you can't earn "level 110 XP" at level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The OP blasts to level 100 in 2 days with the new system. You and the OP still think this is too slow and unreasonable, despite the game offering plenty of alternatives to skip/boost leveling if you find that boring.

That's why the question is important. You don't want to use the alternatives provided for people like you who just want to reach end-game instantly. Yet you want to ruin for other people who have asked to not make leveling a complete joke for the longest time.
    .. No, not really? People who want to level slowly can just not use heirlooms if they were to be buffed like that?

.. No, not really? People who want to level slowly can just not use heirlooms if they were to be buffed like that?
    With the old system people were not only one-shotting mobs, they were already outleveling the zones' quests half-way without any heirlooms.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    The trolls will get tired of trolling pretending to like tedium and blizzard sub losses will speak for themselves. Give it a few weeks.
    The only trolls seem to be the people complaining about a tiny bit of tedium added to the levelling process. The entire game is tedium. That's the point of an MMORPG. To be tedious and waste your time.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

With the old system people were not only one-shotting mobs, they were already outleveling the zones' quests half-way without any heirlooms.
    But we're not talking about oneshotting mobs.

We're talking about keeping the scaling, but buffing the +extra xp% modifier on the heirlooms. Not even the stats on the heirlooms.

At least in this hypothetical case, since that one seemed the least intrusive to either groups in my eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad I don't have to do outlands anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Oh no, you couldn't one shot everything while facerolling your way to 100, poor baby.

The only thing I'll say is that yes, I agree the mobs should do a lot more damage. Like, if you pull more than 2-3 by yourself you're screwed. It'd still be easier than vanilla since you don't go oom as easily, but it'd be a nice start.
    Back in either BC or wrath I could take on up to 5 mobs. On a dungeon geared paladin and while I could survive (barely) it took forever to kill them. Tanks should level at the same rate by do less damage than dps but improved survivability means they can pull and survive more. Equalling the same speed as a rogue who should avoid pulling more than 1 thing at a time at all cost. Hence abilities like sap.

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    Yeah. The scaling is cool.

But we're not talking about oneshotting mobs.

We're talking about keeping the scaling, but buffing the +extra xp% modifier on the heirlooms. Not even the stats on the heirlooms.

At least in this hypothetical case, since that one seemed the least intrusive to either groups in my eyes.
    Around 30 hours to reach max level by leveling is already fast enough, probably even faster with full heirlooms. There is really no need to buff them.
    Even with the new system, leveling in WoW is still probably the fastest in any MMOs ever.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I like how everyone just ignores the content of complaints and goes "LOL STUPID WORTHLESS PERSON WANTS TO ONE SHOT EVERYTHING, FUCKING CRY BABY, FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!".

Shouldn't people be bothered that they made changes just to make things take longer so you'd buy boosts, instead of making things take longer while also being fun?

I can't fathom any other reason for the changes besides the former. It's not more challenging. It doesn't require playing any differently. It just takes a little longer. Leveling needs way more love and care than "make it take a little longer", and by dismissing complaints about that, you show that you only care about one narrative and will mentally block anything that disagrees with it out, and attack, attack, attack, attack. Why? Do you love Blizzard that much that you think you have to cry and defend them at any possible turn?

Guys say "I wish enemies were more of a threat" or "I wish there was more of a challenge" or "If certain things take a longer now, maybe they should also be a little more rewarding, not less."

you read that and turn that into

"LOL, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE, STOP PLAYING THIS GAME, YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT. WHY DON'T YOU QUIT."

Extend an olive branch, Jesus Christ.
    Pulling off a full rotation is more for to me then one shotting things. Also the "Increased time to level just so blizzard can sell more boosts" has been debunked. Please stop repeating that rhetoric. Boosting an allied race Which let's be honest most people particularly vet players are gonna be waiting until allied races are released to try out the new levelling system. Makes you ineligible for their racial transmog. So does race changing, or using RaF level boosts. If you really hate levelling so much that you'd rather shell out $60 dollars than take 5-10% longer. (Which multiple PTR runs put at the increases time to level at about that from 1-100). Then that's on you, no one else. I'm sure blizzard won't complain but that's not why they did this. I doubt this will significantly increase boost sales compared to how much money they had to invest in pulling this off.

Around 30 hours to reach max level by leveling is already fast enough, probably even faster with full heirlooms. There is really no need to buff them.
    Even with the new system, leveling in WoW is still probably the fastest in any MMOs ever.
    Alright, then we agree to disagree.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Does WoW get new players with any real volume that a change as big as this is worth it?
    I believe they have the data to judge this. I mean the last time they talked about player retention was to tell us a great number of players quit at level 5.

Anyway I don't have the answer you want but if you want my opinion, no WoW does not get to keep new players in any large volume because the dull leveling drives them away. Since in my experience the complaint I've got from friends I try to get into the game is they spend more time running and looting than actually fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, answering how much do you think is reasonable time to max level doesn't need a "laid out battle strategy." It's a very simple question. Do you need "battle strategies" for every simple question?
    For me 48 hours /played is more than reasonable. And actually faster than most games. Certainly faster than how long it takes to get to cap on FFXIV. Only game I know of faster to level to cap than WoW is Gw2. Because of all the level boosting items you can get for free. And during holidays their events give boatloads of exp. Levelled like 3 classes to cap on Gw2 during this last halloween event. WoW levelling is one of the fastest out there. People need to calm themselves.

Seems awfully hard for you to grasp that the second could be more accelerated. I don't have to lay out an entire battle plan for you to scrutinize. And scaling and exp requirements are not at all tied. You can be for the scaling that allows you to remain in one zone and it scales with you, but also for leveling quickly.

They're not mutually exclusive.
    Yes, actually you DO have to lay out something definitive in order to back up your claims. Otherwise you're just spouting nonsense and probably don't actually have a leg to stand on. You're just complaining without reason.

People have shown that leveling under the new system is only taking around 30-40 hours. You're saying that's unacceptable, but refuse to elaborate on what IS acceptable. Multiple people have explained why the new system is good, and I've personally shown how you still have plenty of options that don't involve breaking the experience for other players.

The only thing you've done is be vague and avoid backing up your point of view. If you were a WoW boss, your name would be "Ambiguon".
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-01-20 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    Never made sense as a DK anyways. Should go straight from their starter to northrend. I think bliz even said something about it. And this is their fix like 9-10 years late. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yes, actually you DO have to lay out something definitive in order to back up your claims. Otherwise you're just spouting nonsense and probably don't actually have a leg to stand on. You're just complaining without reason.

People have shown that leveling under the new system is only taking around 30-40 hours. You're saying that's unacceptable, but refuse to elaborate on why. Multiple people have explained why the new system is good, and I've personally shown how you still have plenty of options that don't involve breaking the experience for other players.

The only thing you've done is be vague and avoid backing up your point of view. If you were a WoW boss, your name would be "Ambiguon".
    Okay, have a good day. You're not being very intellectually honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind the compromise of increased exp from heirlooms but I don't think it's neccacary. I think the only change they need to make to it is increase non elite enemy damage by 100% from 20-60. Increase non elite enemy damage by 50% from 61-90. 91-110 seems fine. Also half of those value for elite enemies. I think wrath actually had the levelling at a really good part. Thinks took more than one hit to kill, to many pulls would kill you. Enemies were a threat. Rares/elites were hard to solo if you want a tank, hunter, or lock.

Okay, have a good day. You're not being very intellectually honest.
    Right...you make a bunch of vague statements, refuse to back it up with anything, refuse to answer the most simple of questions, then cap it by calling people who disagree with you intellectually dishonest.

Congratulations on addi g precisely nothing to the conversation. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Right...you make a bunch of vague statements, refuse to back it up with anything, refuse to answer the most simple of questions, then cap it by calling people who disagree with you intellectually dishonest.

Congratulations on addi g precisely nothing to the conversation. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I did. I gave my answer, and you switched to "Ok. Now give me an argument why this should happen oh wait u didn't oooooh."