View Poll Results: Which class should be brought in next?

Voters
615. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

430 69.92%
  • Necromancer

185 30.08%
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    you're missing the 'neither' option...

necro is cool but between dk and lock there's hardly any room left for him

tinker... well wtf does tinker even do? lasers,missiles, mines,nets and such? sounds more fit for a moba than wow imo, way too sci-fi to not feel like an outsider to this game, after all we still use swords and axes remember?

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, we already have both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ddengster View Post
    Tinker has various aspects in the Engineering profession.
    As much as enchanting has in mages. I mean there are even three classes in the game that have had or have inbuilt weapon enchants (Rogue, Shaman, Deathknight) but no one would be as foolish as to say DKs couldn't have rune forging because enchanting exists. Even that's an extreme case a far larger case of overlap than a tech based class and engineering has any reason being as engineering is 90% toys. This is less than a non-issue it's literally something that has so little impact that it's as relevant to tinkers as the price of tea in China. Nevermind, the price of tea in China might have a larger effect because it's an indicator for the large Chinese market

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Unholy DK is necromancer so tinker.
    Necromancer, because Unholy DK isn't a Necromancer at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Tinker - oh look it's the engineering profession
    Because I don't know about you I think that throwing a bomb every minute is an accurate portrayal to the depth and nuance as class could bring. Clearly the design space for technology is explored because some guy threw a bomb that one time.

Neither. How about fixing the horrid class design we currently have instead of adding more trash to the fire? I'd rather see 4th specs than Necromancer or Tinker. You could even make Necromancer a 4th spec of DK with Unholy being disease/plague focused or something.

My vote is for Tinker. A lot of potential for more variety there, with various gadgets that do multiple different things, the ideas for abilities and spell effects are virtually endless. That's not even considering cosmetic glyphs. Necromancer is just another edgy emo class that loves skulls, death, and brooding. We have enough of those now.

Either way, i'm genuinely curious to see how Blizzard handle new classes that come after Legion. No order hall or artifacts for them to interact with, and that's a core part of the leveling experience from 100-110.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-01-20 at 07:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not both?

Last thread I remember was somewhere here.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

It's pretty simple, Necromancer is encroaching into the warlock/dk territory (in fact, DK IS A NECROMANCER THAT IS ALSO A WARRIOR), and Tinker has so many concepts that none of the classes implement.

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    Title says it all. Which class do you think would be a better addition to the class lineup, and which do you think would hinder the existing classes? On one side you have the Tinker, old favorite still waiting to get pulled off the bench. On the other, you have the new upstart that's gaining momentum on various forums and blogs.

Oh, and sorry, there is no "neither" option in this poll.
    Pfff hard one if you ask me. All depends on witch spells they bring into it. But ill try.

Necromancer:
    Gear wise: it could fill any slot.
    Spec wise: It could be melee and ranged. But not healer or tank. ( any can happen but just looking at face value here)
    Spell wise: I think it will be to much like a DK. With plague's, undead minions etc.

Tinker:
    Gear wise: It could fill any slot.
    Spec wise: It could be anything.
    Spell wise: You could play a lot with things here. It could be a ranged thing like a hunter, a spell caster, a melee fighter. Someone who places objects to better his tanking ( shield generator), healing generator, turrets, robotic pets etc etc.

So just looking what my guess is will happen. tinker. Just because necromancer already is ingame for some parts. And tinkerer has more options to be unique and something new to game.

My guess for real new class would be void something...but blizzard ff'ed up there by making it a race.

I read this title and then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Necromancer, because Unholy DK isn't a Necromancer at all.
    You sure?

"Necromancers are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts)the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead. Necromantic magic (or death magic) has many functions beyond simply raising the dead. Masters of this tainted field of magic can conjure festering diseases, harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy, and chill the living with the power of death. Necromancy can also be used to reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures, allowing them to function again even after the foul monsters have been destroyed. Necromancers are the enemies of life itself, and all hands are raised against them. Some of the worst evils in Azeroth's history have been perpetrated by necromancers, and they deserve their malevolent reputation. Few things are as abhorrent and horrifying as necromancy."
    From the WoWPedia page.

So lets look:
    Necromancers are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts)the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead: DK, raise dead, minions/control undead
    can conjure festering diseases: DK, Festering Wound/Crypt Fever/Virulent Plague/Wandering Plague
    harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary engery: DK, Death Coil
    chill the living with the power of death: DK, literally frost dk
    Necromancy can also be used to recontruct the flesh of undead creatures: DK, Dark Transformation

If that cant prove to you that Unholy DK is a Necromancer, idk what else will.
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2018-01-20 at 07:54 AM.

Um... I have a question..
    What would happen to engineering if Tinker becomes a class?

change necromancer to dark ranger

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/1lmS2
    You sure?
    "Necromancers are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts)the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead. Necromantic magic (or death magic) has many functions beyond simply raising the dead. Masters of this tainted field of magic can conjure festering diseases, harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy, and chill the living with the power of death. Necromancy can also be used to reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures, allowing them to function again even after the foul monsters have been destroyed. Necromancers are the enemies of life itself, and all hands are raised against them. Some of the worst evils in Azeroth's history have been perpetrated by necromancers, and they deserve their malevolent reputation. Few things are as abhorrent and horrifying as necromancy."
    From the WoWPedia page.
    It would be more like a BM Hunter/Warlock

You're a Warlock/Warrior

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    It would be more like a BM Hunter/Warlock

You're a Warlock/Warrior
    Ok... you want Unholy DK with the playstyle of a current demo lock?

Deleted
    Well I suppose we've gone so long without one of these threads it had to pop up at some point.

The answer is none.

Want to play a necromancer? Play an unholy deathknight.

Want to play a tinker? Get engineering.

I will take them in the form of a Soulbinder and Artificer. Thanks.

Not that I wouldn't want a full fledged necromancer class (assuming its different enough from Unholy DKs/Demo lock), but we have a much better chance of getting a unique class/playstyle.

Necromancer. For the sheer reason that it's fun reading the wildly insecure comments of people calling people 'edgelords' and branding classes 'edgelord class' when they have something to do with dark magic.