Poll: Who?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Baine for sure. It's time the Tauren got back into the spotlight. Baine is young but proven. He's clever and diplomatic. Reliable and honorable to boot. Not another orc, even though Saurfang is a good orc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    As much as I like Saurfang, that poor guy needs a break. If anyone on the Horde has earned the right to retire, its him. I went with Baine.
    He keeps looking for that good death, but just manages to kill everything and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Beefsteak in particular.
    haha, could use some medium rare Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So many people voting for Baine. Do any of you actually know how useless he is? He’s even worse than Lol'jin when it comes to leading. And I don’t mean on the battlefield, because Baine never gets that far.

Anyone who dares fight against the Alliance, even when the Alliance are the aggressors get exiled when he’s in charge. Every attack against his own people is ‘completely justified’ in his eyes.

If he was leader of the Horde there wouldn’t even BE a Horde anymore. He’d surrender to the Alliance within seconds of a fight breaking out.

Why Sylvanas and Garrosh didn’t get rid of him I’ll never know. I hope Magatha comes back and kicks him off of Thunderbluff.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-01-20 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So many people voting for Baine. Do any of you actually know how useless he is? He’s even worse than Lol'jin when it comes to leading. And I don’t mean on the battlefield, because Baine never gets that far.

Anyone who dares fight against the Alliance, even when the Alliance are the aggressors get exiled when he’s in charge. Every attack against his own people is ‘completely justified’ in his eyes.

If he was leader of the Horde there wouldn’t even BE a Horde anymore. He’d surrender to the Alliance within seconds of a fight breaking out.

Why Sylvanas and Garrosh didn’t get rid of him I’ll never know. I hope Magatha comes back and kicks him off of Thunderbluff.
    That's why they vote for him, there's a lot of people that want a Beefy version of Anduin as a Horde leader for some damn reason, even though not even Anduin would do what he did in ToW. Also, Alliance players don't like when the Horde figurehead badmouths them, so they vote for the one who licks thier boots the hardest, and is more in line with thier ideology.

The only benefit of having Baine in charge is that Blizzard might not play spin the Warchief after one expansion because he's pretty much the Horde's goodie two shoes, and they can't write pragmatic- Horde aligned leaders without inevitably killing them.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2018-01-20 at 07:23 PM.

go to hell ! long live the queen ... she is wise and furious .
    thrall was kinda peaceful guy and garrosh was rly insane but sylvanase is some one between them imo. her character fits horde well enough .
    and all of suggested characters are jokes except thrall and lorthemar ! who the hell wants them as a warchief !

Deleted
    Baine, easily.

Saurfang is not warchief material imo, he's not for politics, he fights to protect the Horde and he's happy and content doing it. He's high general material.

the guy says something in game for the first time since cataclysm and suddenly he is warchief material lol

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If people actually did their research, and in turn considered themselves Horde fans, they would not want Baine to be WC.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If people actually did their research, and in turn considered themselves Horde fans, they would not want Baine to be WC.
    Are you telling me we need more reason than "He is Cairne's kid"? Like, he actually has to DO stuff?

blasphemy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    If we entertain the idea that the Alliance will allow the Horde to continue to exist after they started yet another war (seriously, what is this the 40th?) then I think Baine is the only choice.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang is the most badass and the most experienced so I probably would go with him although maybe being put in that position would make him lose his cool factor. Yknow, overexposure. Saurfang actually reminds me a lot of what a older more put together version of Garrosh could have been had he not been made Warchief so quickly and they waited till he was ready for it.

Baine would be a very good choice and I actually think after everything that went down with his dad it would only be right to put him in charge. Baine reminds me a lot of Thrall before Cataclysm actually.

Edit: I just realized Thrall was there. I'll choose him. As long as he goes back to oldschool Thrall. Everything went to shit with Thrall's character and The Horde when he stopped being Warchief so maybe that's how you fix it?
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2018-01-20 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Exactly my point.

Are you Baine lovers lore-blind? Or Alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Exactly my point.

Are you Baine lovers lore-blind? Or Alliance?
    Most of them are Alliance or are Horde players who are certain he won't get killed because he's a goodie goodie mostly. So yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    If we entertain the idea that the Alliance will allow the Horde to continue to exist after they started yet another war (seriously, what is this the 40th?) then I think Baine is the only choice.
    This operates under the idea the Alliance wins this war, or if the factions are even in a state to make demands of eachother at the end of the war.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Well Sylvanas is the WC and I wanted that to happen since MoP, but if she was out of the picture I would probably say Shadow hunter Rokhan, voting needs a troll candidate. Also in terms of the upcomming expansion. He does have some history with Jaina and her father from wc3. Jaina accepted her fathers death at the time, but what about her people and mother. would be an interesting story, and also a chance to bring Rexxar back. Also in regards to the Zandalar and their role in the story of BFA it would be a good catalyst, even if his reign would be temporary.

I love Varok, but he was not interested when Garrosh rose to power, nor a "leader" outside of the theater of war (Garrosh might be the same in many aspects but he also did some underhanded stuff with assassins and mass destruction weapons that it would be hard to see a honorable warrior like Varok lowering himself to). Lor'themar is a diplomat and follower and just not that impactful. Liadrin would be a much more interesting choice. Bit of the same problem with the Tauren. Baine have not played a big part in any expansion, Sunwalker Dezco among others have alot more impact in the story of wow, It was kinda disappointing he was not used more after MoP.

On a sidenote i do hope Gallywix dies in BFA, he is like the wormtongue of the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynas View Post
    Undead Varian Wyrnn.

That should result in some fantastic story.
    When i first leveled thru Stormheim, i thought that was Sylvanas' secret mission. Resurrect Varian...

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I voted Baine mostly because it's a multi-option kind of poll and because of good faith. Despite his flaws I think he has some potential and, most importantly, if his Alliance equivalent can turn into something respectable, Baine could too. The fact that he sounds "grown" in 7.3.5 gives me a little hint of hope. Because seriously, Tauren fucking deserves to have some decent figure to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    I wonder how is possible for the Horde to start every war even when roles are literally reversed. I need to know how that magic works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I voted Baine mostly because it's a multi-option kind of poll and because of good faith. Despite his flaws I think he has some potential and, most importantly, if his Alliance equivalent can turn into something respectable, Baine could too. The fact that he sounds "grown" in 7.3.5 gives me a little hint of hope. Because seriously, Tauren fucking deserves to have some decent figure to look at.

I wonder how is possible for the Horde to start every war even when roles are literally reversed. I need to know how that magic works.
    Hey atleast he didn't exile some Tauren for fighting back against the legion.
    Holy shit lol

None of them is a viable option. So my vote comes to Lady Liadrin, she is the only belft leader that dont has decorative purpose.

One of my biggest issues with Baine(along with him having done absolutely nothing noteworthy in game, and his biggest accomplishment is being born), is that it would make the factions ideologically redundant.

I see a lot of "He is like Anduin..." and "Well, his counterpart..." as justification, and it's true, he is a lot like Anduin. He is an idealistic, relatively young, naive peace-lover who got the position he did because of who is daddy was, they both even have the "filling in his father's shoes" story. He is like a Tushi on the Houjin faction, which is fine, I don't disparage people for liking that type of character, but why does he need to be Warchief of the Horde? If i want a faction leader like Anduin, I can just hop on my Alliance toons and I'll have it, I don't need to turn the Horde into that. The two factions should have considerably distinct leaders and ideologies, otherwise, the only difference between them is the city you happen to buy heirlooms in.