Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's utterly pointless to make a system such as this for new players in a 13 year old game with very few new players actually intrested in it.
    It's just a waste of time.
    Ever thought maybe the reason why this is a "game with very few new players actually interested in it" is because it's a fucking shitty boring experience for new players? During vanilla it was fun for new players because it wasn't just easy fucking one shotting everything with your abilities that you aren't learning to use because there's no reason to until you hit level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Whenever you don't get any gear loot, you can loot a couple of gold per boss. I don't know how much but I think it was 3-4 gold per boss in Deadmines.
    That must be it then. I was pretty shocked to look that after doing a run of Deadmines and RFC that I suddenly had 50 gold when I had about 20 silver before the run. Makes dungeons very much worth it for new players, I guess.

there is no point in mobs having a ton of health if they are no danger to the player.

vanilla leveling was pretty fun because the mobs were a genuine danger to a lot of classes, especially if your gear was weak (as was normal back then).

But if a mob has tons of health without providing any challenge then it is a boring snooze fest where you struggle to stay awake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Its funny considering its hardly improoved, its just more tedious than ever and only because a minority who want classic wow whined about it long enough to make it happen.

Many topics supporting it are "we did it boys, after years blizzard finally heard us" enphasis here: Years.

Blizzard didnt give a crap, most of us didnt either, and frankly this is not going to last because its just an unwelcome change, most of us will fight it until it goes back to normal.
    Minority? you mean majority.
    Majority of players preferred a longer leveling process with mobs that hit harder and have more health and grant less experience. Thats why players who experienced early wow prefer it. People who want things fast and easy you are the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    there is no point in mobs having a ton of health if they are no danger to the player.

vanilla leveling was pretty fun because the mobs were a genuine danger to a lot of classes, especially if your gear was weak (as was normal back then).

But if a mob has tons of health without providing any challenge then it is a boring snooze fest where you struggle to stay awake.
    Yes there is, it makes killing them more fun, they soak up more spells so the combat isnt done before it even started. I agre tho that hey should hit even harder than they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veloziraptor View Post
    What did you expect?
    Leveling is sooooo fked up in so many ways. There is no progression, no rewards, just grind until you reach endgame and start playing the game. A bad bandaid like scaling and giving more hp mobs wont change that. Even making it challenging would only make it fun for a bit. Still no progression, no rewards, no journey. Just the grind to max level.
    Leveling is the game, endgame is the bandaid on top. Mobs should be harder in all 3 ways, less xp, more damage and more health. I shouldnt have to wait till mythic+ to have a challenge in a dungeon or a group quest.

i also had a tedious journey to 100, i had to get out my credit card, which turned out to be my library card so i had to put that back and get out my actual credit card, enter all my information and then i had to pick a class/race on top of how i wanted it to look... it took so long, hopefully blizzard can make the process faster in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Ever thought maybe the reason why this is a "game with very few new players actually interested in it" is because it's a fucking shitty boring experience for new players? During vanilla it was fun for new players because it wasn't just easy fucking one shotting everything with your abilities that you aren't learning to use because there's no reason to until you hit level cap.
    No, it was not fun leveling back in vanilla either.
    Leveling was never fun, it was always about the endgame.

In any case, this update hardly made the leveling more fun. Quite the opposite.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a question.

Since every zone scales to you...could I go to Outland at level 1 and start leveling or would I not yet have access to all the introductory quests?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I have a question.

Since every zone scales to you...could I go to Outland at level 1 and start leveling or would I not yet have access to all the introductory quests?
    Zones are in categories and all have a minimum level.

All old world zones are from X to 60 with the exception of starter zones which are from 1 to 20.

WotLK and Outland scale from 6X to 80 with zones each having a minimum level
    Cataclysm and Pandaria from 8X to 90 with zones each having a minimum level
    Wod from 9X to 100 with zones each having a minimum level
    Legion is still 100 to 110
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    One shotting things isn't normal for an RPG. Not unless you've gotten extremely powerful. Again it's been calculated that the increased time to level is 5-10%. This isn't that big of a deal. Please calm yo tits.
    Source for 5-10% please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's for new players. If you've been playing for 10 years you should be making enough gold in game to buy a character boost.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not meant to be more challenging, it's meant to be more interesting. 1 shotting every mob you see doesn't really teach you much about the game. You don't use 90% of your character's abilities when that is the case. I am leveling a new warlock now and it's actually quite nice to have to refresh Agony and Corruption on dungeon bosses since they no longer die in 4 globals.
    You have any source this is Blizzard's official stance?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damage increase? while some mobs are already like crazy, rams in Fjord do some move (instant, no casting) for 18k damage on my 22k hp mage.

Sure as frost I can avoid being hit completely.

Maybe that's an exception.

Don't understand the obsession with making leveling slower, or 'harder'. Some of this content has been in the game for over 13 years. Even the Cata stuff is now like 8 years old.

I'm currently leveling as an elemental shaman (level 29) without heirlooms and if I pull more than 3 I have a high chance of dying, I can usually heal through it but it is fun. I feel like i'm leveling her through Legion zones.

I don't agree with "WoW is only fun at endgame". That was never the case for me. If it was I wouldn't be addicted to the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Here's my comments...so many of the people who don't like the scaling, simply don't like it because they don't want to level at all. They just want a raid-geared 110 in their mailbox, w/o paying for it, of course.

They have no understanding of why people like the scaling. To them, all of WoW is there for one thing: to be max-level, to raid, to do WQ, to grind your gear. There's a population that also still likes to actually play the rest of the game. Trying different specializations, exploring, crafting, lots of other things that the gogogo crowd just ignores and says "Why would anyone want to do that? It's a waste of time toward getting to the REAL game!"

I've leveled various toons since Cata (and before), but, I always ran into green quests, and eventually gray quests, and would get slowed unless I moved onto somewhere else.

Now, keep in mind that I have basically tossed out the guides that tell you how to do everything faster and more efficient. It's a game, not a job. The gogogogogogo crowd is a curse on the game, imo, but, that's all I'm going to say about that.

I took a level 1 warlock, picked Destruction at level 10. I do have heirlooms, but, they're not the near-epics they used to be. Anyway, this is an undead warlock, so I left Tirisfal after doing every quest (with heirlooms, remember) at level 15, then moved on to Ashenvale, Stonetalon, and Southern Barrens, clearing all the quests and the stories, and actually, seeing quests I don't think I ever saw before, because I got Loremaster before Cata. Quests that I wouldn't have seen in the old system. I'm now 38, headed for Western Plaguelands, and I have a /played of 20 hours 44 minutes, and again, not pushing hard, just rolling along, doing quests. I'm enjoying it.

I'm not one-shotting things, either, or at least not very much. Chaos Bolt on a normal, non-quest boss mob can be a one-shot fairly often, but, you can't spam Chaos Bolt every GCD, either. I'm actually using my abilities. Am I 'challenged' much? No, I've been playing this game since Jan 2005. You can't really expect that for experienced people. On the other hand, a new player will run into some challenge on the path I just followed, but not so much as to bruise their brain on the wall and quit. Just enough to keep them interested.

What I love about the scaling now, is that I no longer worry about levels much. Yes, there are some restrictions off the start, but, they're not very tight. The next toon I level can take a completely different path. That is also a huge plus of this system. You no longer have to run over the same ground the last two toons you leveled did.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents or less.
    Spot on, imo.
    Last edited by Olololo2r5; 2018-01-21 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Source for 5-10% please?
    If he replies, he will compare questing pre-7.3.5 versus questing at 7.3.5. However, questing pre-7.3.5 wasn't how most people actually powerleveled for the most xp/min. It was running dungeons, which are now dead thanks to Blizzard. So while questing vs. questing was probably a 10-15% increase, dungeoneering pre-7.3.5 vs questing 7.3.5 will show a massive xp/min downgrade, or a massive time sink increase. My experience is that it takes a lot more time, it's not even close.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Leveled a prot paladin from 83-91 so far. No issues whatsoever, sure mobs have a lot more health, but eh. Only issue is certain elite mobs, like the Brain of Iso'rath and such. Not that they are impossible or hard, they simply have absurdly big healthpools, thus take forever to kill, which isn't fun at all.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    If he replies, he will compare questing pre-7.3.5 versus questing at 7.3.5. However, questing pre-7.3.5 wasn't how most people actually powerleveled for the most xp/min. It was running dungeons, which are now dead thanks to Blizzard. So while questing vs. questing was probably a 10-15% increase, dungeoneering pre-7.3.5 vs questing 7.3.5 will show a massive xp/min downgrade, or a massive time sink increase. My experience is that it takes a lot more time, it's not even close.
    Blizzard has stated multiple times that they never wanted dungeon spamming to be the most efficient way of levelling.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    That's exactly why I asked. Coz I believe dungeon powerleveling got hit the hardest, and was actually my style of leveling :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Experience, gold, story, items. These are all awarded for progression and completing content. The point I was making is that players shouldn't have to periodically abandon content in order to maintain a fair reward for their efforts. Scaling fixes that, of course, and the increased health and changes to experience help maintain a good pacing.
    experience it was nerfed up to 60%, 'gold' u get far more gold in less than 1 hour of wqs than u ever get during entire lvling process, items literally keep getting replaced every hours at most, and completing content if u actually plan to do that for 'story' u'll have to stay way after u outlvl it, since if u real goal is to do all story quests, u'll still hit 60 before u finish Kalimdor alone
    So any of those goals fail, no item, no story (except in just 2/3 zones out of 20+), no gold, no exp is better now than what it used to be, how is that improvement? again remember we talk about 14years old game, where lvling now is literally irrelevant after most ppl already lvled at least 4+ chars
    This 'scaling' step is at least 10 years late, scaling itself is np at all, it is the problem of everything else they did (massive buff to mobs hp to comical lvl, nerf heirlooms even more, increase xp), that is the problem, if they just did scale and done that would been great, the problem is everything else they did is just for one reason : sell even more boosts, after all, ppl 'forget' that Activision almost alone single handedly destroyed entire video game franchise in their insane greed (ppl who think EA is 'evil' don't know a thing about activision)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Blizzard has stated multiple times that they never wanted dungeon spamming to be the most efficient way of levelling.
    did they give us a 'valid' answer why would we want a slow painful questing 'experience' on our 5th alt after we already did entire Azeroth loremaster ? there is literally no fun in killing boars again on a new hunter for the 5th time
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Leveled a prot paladin from 83-91 so far. No issues whatsoever, sure mobs have a lot more health, but eh. Only issue is certain elite mobs, like the Brain of Iso'rath and such. Not that they are impossible or hard, they simply have absurdly big healthpools, thus take forever to kill, which isn't fun at all.
    thank you

If u want to compare old lvling prior to all expansion changes etc, I still remember in TBC when i was trying to do quests in Nagrand as holy priest i was literally incapable of killing mobs fast enough before they respawn and finish quest, i had to respec to shadow to have 'some dmg' to actually be able to do normal quests up to shadowmoon valley to get to 70 (+heal and +spl dmg were 2 different state, some gear even had +fire only for example), that an example of old experience, another is my rogue couldn't kill elementals because they don't bleed and they don't take poison (nature) dmg at all, making quest that need kill them like one in blasted lands were impossible and had to leave the zone and try lvl another place, and i powerlvled the rogue with items (there were no heilrooms back then) i collceted for every few lvls to 70 in 3 playtime days

I don't miss that at all, yeah I feel happy and warm when I remember it but I don't want it anymore, back then I wasn't able to walk normal, i was still in college, and my free time was 10 times more than now, I can't do that now even if i want to
    Last edited by sam86; 2018-01-22 at 12:13 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

They really did fuck up a few things

After ignoring the fact thats its not fun casting an ability 5 times to a mob for no reason, there are certain places they completely fucked up the scaling.

The dungeons are no problem, they are actually more fun cause they feel like a dungeon while you progress/level...

But some places like..

Spires of Arakk bonus objectives..Immune to slow/stuns/cc mobs with way too much health, right clicking for 10-20% of your max HP. not sure the balance behind that, oh and apparently add castable abilities with 1 second cast timer that line of sight is irrelevant.

Despite being full heirloom, no chance to 1v1 particular named ones as a Mage.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-01-22 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    main issue is mobs still deal the same damage, so its nothing like vanilla where if you pulled 2 defias mages you'd die in like 4 fireballs 100-0, you pull 2 and you die in like 15 fireballs mobs still deal no damage and are no threat they just stay around longer.

i mean imagine the difference from normal raids to mythic raids was just the bosses had 200% more hp, but no extra abilities no extra damage no extra mechanics, thats' not difficult to beat at all apart from a berserk timer, mobs need the extra damage and skills to make it feel like they're a threat.
    Seriously were you using any abilities? This just did not happen unless they were orange to red in levels above you. You could easily take on 2-4 mobs your own level to yellow unless they were elites in Vanilla. Nothing was hard back then just tedious and long.