Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I guess I was slightly wrong or a position fell through or something, but only one job opening remains for classic wow as of right now.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/o...raft/all/all/1
    did we lose a senior game dev??

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Legion Ret: Largest feedback thread in all of alpha/beta, that single spec's feedback thread dwarfed the combined spec threads of some other entire classes, almost all of it was and still is ignored.
    PTR, Live, doesnt matter - blizzard doesnt adhere to such feedback and looks at it only as a "general" feeling of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    did we lose a senior game dev??
    I dunno but it's filled now, so there are no more positions available for classic ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    It's a new world. Look at how they painstakingly QA'ed 7.3.5 to go live without a hiccup XD
    Yes, this new development of a fail-free patch-round without any extended maintenance definitively shows that BFA will come out in may/june, i'm so ready for it. Kappa

But let's come back to reality: Do some people here really believe in a June-release? Please, it's time for a bit of realism: blizzard took in average 12 months for any expansion. Why should it be different this time? And don't come with the business-talk of the devs, they said it every expansion since cata that they will bring out content faster.

Legion was in development since MoP (and the lack of content in WoD shows it, so BfA might actually be WoD 2.0), still it took 14 months to develop it. 12 Months are an average, so it either takes 12 months from the release of 7.3 (november), 12 months of the release of the raid (december) or 12 months after the release of 7.3.5 (january).

But anything shorter than this: i would be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Lololol what? I don't think you're qualified to judge if that's your opinion. They had full zones that were able to be played. That says enough right there
    Playable =/= finished.
    Blizzard is good at using smoke & mirrors to make things look more polished than they are when they need to.

September release at the very earliest.

I dunno but it's filled now, so there are no more positions available for classic ATM.
    no i mean just for world of warcraft the position is open

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    September release at the very earliest.
    A tad optimistic.

More likely December 2018 (only 11 months to wait - LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    no i mean just for world of warcraft the position is open
    Oh, I dunno maybe. A few guys moved on to other projects, but WoW would likely have multiple people in that same job title.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Yeah, no. You misunderstand. When Classic launches, I'm expecting every single zone, every rock and tree, to be high definition models so that it -looks- like a New Game since they can't slap the old WoW models onto the box art and call it done.

It's going to wind up looking pretty crazy, I think.
    Would be cool but I dont expect much. They wont even update old world on the live servers (unless it makes sense for the story.) So redoing all of vanilla would be a bit crazy.

There is 0 way we farm argus for nearly a year after they brought us a patch every couple months in legion. Why would they even do that.

It appears this is the first expansion many have ever went through , par for the course nothing new and exciting here

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Would be cool but I dont expect much. They wont even update old world on the live servers (unless it makes sense for the story.) So redoing all of vanilla would be a bit crazy.
    Perhaps. But it would be a split-team effort, with one portion of the team working on Classic while the other works on the current content. They could take 3 years to get it all done, and when they do move over the new models and textures to the current retail game, doubling the payout from their workload. They have said that there's no ETA on Classic and it will be a -while- before it's done, after all.

The official announcement was "A Blizzard Quality Classic Experience" and that it would "Take some time" so... I'm thinking they're going to polish up the visuals as hard as they reasonably can. Though I'm ready to be surprised.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The official announcement was "A Blizzard Quality Classic Experience" and that it would "Take some time" so... I'm thinking they're going to polish up the visuals as hard as they reasonably can. Though I'm ready to be surprised.
    They cannot polish up the visuals on classic servers if I understand what they are doing correctly. They have to leave them intact.

(The thing that changed their stance on classic from "this is impossible" to "this is possible!" was likely a new technological approach, and if I am correct in thinking what it is, changing nearly anything is hard.)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    Playable =/= finished.
    Blizzard is good at using smoke & mirrors to make things look more polished than they are when they need to.
    Ya, in small cases. Of course it isn't completely finished, but them having 2 or more complete zones is pretty far ahead
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Which means now they are going to start thinking about it.
    They said at Blizzcon they still have no idea how exactly it will work. We only got a couple statements like "no group finder".
    Classic is not going to come before BFA content drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Which means now they are going to start thinking about it.
    They said at Blizzcon they still have no idea how exactly it will work. We only got a couple statements like "no group finder".
    Classic is not going to come before BFA content drought.
    I'm not sure where you get this misinformed information, but they know how they are going to do it. They said they made a breakthrough with how they are going to do it to get it working and that was why they even announced it in the first place, because they worked out how they could achieve it and their initial tests of this method was working for them.