View Poll Results: Which class should be brought in next?

Voters
615. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

430 69.92%
  • Necromancer

185 30.08%
Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    If depends on you we will have a BM 2.0 without mobility.Which hurts my brain just mentioning this thing existing
    The point is that it's a zoner, yes. They would excel at defense of areas where they deploy their turrets, but weak at chasing. I don't know why it hurts your head. Theres no other class that does that and thus why they would be fresh and interesting.
    But, to each his own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    So a small but vocal minority keeps these silly tinker threads alive then. Give it a rest already. Go play gw2 or something.
    I do believe the thread was just as much about Necromancer and the minority keeps winning these polls so maybe they are a majority? Stop the hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    How much did it interact?I might want a spec focused around totems now.

Im interested.
    It's been awhile, but Searing Totem in MoP (I believe) caused a stackable debuff on a target that could increase the damage of Lava Lash. I'm pretty sure it had some level of interaction in the Elemental spec as well. Beyond that, the pre-MoP talents almost always buffed Searing Totem in some form.

Wow, didn't expect this level of responses.

I suppose MMO-Champ still loves a good "class vs class" debate.

Hmm, poll's pretty lopsided as well..... I guess people are tired of dark edgy classes.

Shouldn't it be called Tinkerer?? Tinker is a verb is it not?

Why do people keep saying Tinkerer wouldn't work when what is known as the "Engineer" archetype works as a class in several RPGs and even MMORPGs?

Is WoW some special exception?

I seen currently see no spec with bots, turrets, cannons, mines, gattling gun, pistols, mecha-suits, lazers, etc.

I wouldn't be hyped for either, but between the two, tinker. WHile it may overlap with engineering some depending on how it's implemented, I feel that it would have something more unique to add than another dark caster class, which would really either end up not being faithful to the class's history or would just end up as a mix between warlock and unholy dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need any more melee classes.

Well, let's list the pros and cons of each:

Necromancer
    +Finally another cloth wearer
    +Strong flavor potential with three subspecs
    +Dilutes Warlock identities even more, causing the class to decline further in population
    -Having all the cloth wearers be casters is boring as sin
    -Having all the cloth wearers be Intellect users is boring as sin

Tinker
    +Could wear Mail which would be "finally another mail wearer"
    +Strong flavor potential
    +Mech suit could be a lit cooldown
    -Flavor potential probably isn't enough for three specs
    -What stat do they use?
    -Do they have hybrid capabilities? A tank or healing spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Tinker
    -What stat do they use?
    -Do they have hybrid capabilities? A tank or healing spec?
    I don't see why they wouldn't be INT mail like Elemental and Restoration Shaman.

As for being a hybrid, Gazlowe in HotS could either get tanky with Robo Goblin, or be more DPS/Glass Cannon centered with his Gravity Bomb. Blizzard would have to get a bit inventive with Healing, but the Goblin Alchemist hero did have Healing Spray, and that definitely fits a technology archetype.

7+ Year Old Account
    Voted tinker but only because necromancer would be too much overlap with dk and warlock, also they've said they only do new classes as appropriate to the story and I've no idea if that'll ever happen maybe maybe not. Depends what happens with the new lich King storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    Voted tinker but only because necromancer would be too much overlap with dk and warlock, also they've said they only do new classes as appropriate to the story and I've no idea if that'll ever happen maybe maybe not. Depends what happens with the new lich King storyline.
    Here's a possible expansion where they could bring in Tinkers:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-The-Undermine

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Here's a possible expansion where they could bring in Tinkers:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-The-Undermine
    So yeah that sounds like an ideal expansion for them, however, I don't see a goblin and gnome expansion ever happening just cannot see them using the comic relief-ish races like that. An underground expansion does sound cool though unrelated to goblins and gnomes.

Only one expansion to go until we learn the answer and then start all over with speculation threads on the fourteenth class! #hype

Obviously necro would accompany some sort of return to Northrend/ LK expansion, but what stupid bullshit would use the tinker as its flagship feature. Please no goblin/gnome theme.

Give me Bard to go alongside Monk as the next nonhero class. More likely though they've been setting up for some sort of void ranger via Alleria's story. WoW: Into the Void

Oh and this:
    Necromancer : Death Knight :: Priest : Paladin
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-01-21 at 03:13 PM.

So yeah that sounds like an ideal expansion for them, however, I don't see a goblin and gnome expansion ever happening just cannot see them using the comic relief-ish races like that. An underground expansion does sound cool though unrelated to goblins and gnomes.
    I think people need to separate their view of Gnomes and Goblins from Blizzard's view of Gnomes and Goblins. Just because you consider them comic relief or not worthy of an expansion focused upon them doesn't mean that Blizzard has the same viewpoint.

Reminds me of when MoP was first announced and people thought that entire expansion was a joke, even when it ended. Now fast forward a few years later and people consider MoP one of the best WoW expansions we ever had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Only one expansion to go until we learn the answer and then start all over with speculation threads on the fourteenth class! #hype

Obviously necro would accompany some sort of return to Northrend/ LK expansion, but what stupid bullshit would use the tinker as its flagship feature. Please no goblin/gnome theme.
    Some in the community would welcome a Goblin/Gnome themed expansion. Some feel that those two races deserve some spotlight.

Not to mention that an Undermine expansion would be far more interesting than a WotLK retread.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think people need to separate their view of Gnomes and Goblins from Blizzard's view of Gnomes and Goblins. Just because you consider them comic relief or not worthy of an expansion focused upon them doesn't mean that Blizzard has the same viewpoint.

Reminds me of when MoP was first announced and people thought that entire expansion was a joke, even when it ended. Now fast forward a few years later and people consider MoP one of the best WoW expansions we ever had.

- - - Updated - - -

Some in the community would welcome a Goblin/Gnome themed expansion. Some feel that those two races deserve some spotlight.

Not to mention that an Undermine expansion would be far more interesting than a WotLK retread.
    I don't know blizzard's personal belief, I feel a lot of people use them as comic relief and I feel blizzard do as well, I could be wrong but it's just my personal opinion that they are treated mostly as comic relief and won't get an expansion, I could very well be wrong but I don't see it happening.

I don't know blizzard's personal belief, I feel a lot of people use them as comic relief and I feel blizzard do as well, I could be wrong but it's just my personal opinion that they are treated mostly as comic relief and won't get an expansion, I could very well be wrong but I don't see it happening.
    Well you are welcome to your opinion. However Blizzard themselves have said that they plan on returning to Kezan and introduce players to Undermine in the future. We're getting Kezan in BfA, which could indicate that Undermine is around the corner. Undermine is a pretty Goblin-centric concept where the Tinker union is supposedly located, and it was a continent in early versions of WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well you are welcome to your opinion. However Blizzard themselves have said that they plan on returning to Kezan and introduce players to Undermine in the future. We're getting Kezan in BfA, which could indicate that Undermine is around the corner. Undermine is a pretty Goblin-centric concept where the Tinker union is supposedly located, and it was a continent in early versions of WoW.
    I'm not saying undermine won't be added but an entire expansion based on two of the least played if not very least played races in the entire game? a short people saga? Just can't see it happening personally. Maybe as a content patch of another expansion like the tomb of sargeras at the most.

I'm not saying undermine won't be added but an entire expansion based on two of the least played if not very least played races in the entire game? a short people saga? Just can't see it happening personally. Maybe as a content patch of another expansion like the tomb of sargeras at the most.
    Well like I said, people need to separate their personal views on certain races with how Blizzard views those races. Mists of Pandaria is a prime example of this. While people in the community were mocking Pandarens as "too cute", "not fitting WoW", or "Kung Fu Pandas", Blizzard crafted one of the best expansions in the history of the game.

I really don't see how undermine fuels a whole expansion, but something bigger beneath azeroth could maybe work.

Adding azjol nerub continent under Northrend satisfies both ideas

7+ Year Old Account
    Well like I said, people need to separate their personal views on certain races with how Blizzard views those races. Mists of Pandaria is a prime example of this. While people in the community were mocking Pandarens as "too cute", "not fitting WoW", or "Kung Fu Pandas", Blizzard crafted one of the best expansions in the history of the game.
    Neither of us know how blizzard views the races for sure, but pandas had not being tested in world of warcraft when they announced mist of pandaria so that had a chance to be popular or unpopular, goblins and gnomes have existed for a long time and aren't very popular it's just how it is. I know that orcs are less popular then bloodelves and I can accept that as mainspec orc for example, goblins and gnomes clearly aren't popular if you look at the low population of them so an expansion based on them seems unlikely if they want to attract more players or players back or the ones they already have. They are too sidekicky anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I really don't see how undermine fuels a whole expansion, but something bigger beneath azeroth could maybe work.

Adding azjol nerub continent under Northrend satisfies both ideas
    That would be amazing.