Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Man was publicly beaten with a rattan stick at least 36 times in Indonesia

A Christian man was publicly beaten with a rattan stick at least 36 times in Indonesia for allegedly selling alcohol, which is considered a violation of the Islamic Sharia law.

Jono Simbolon was whipped on Friday, 19 January, in front of a large cheering crowd, making him the third non-Muslim in the country to suffer a public flogging. He was forced to kneel as a masked man whipped him repeatedly outside a mosque in Aceh, Indonesia's only province to enact Sharia law.

Simbolon, who was arrested in October 2017, allegedly "bowed to" the local law – commonly known as Qanun – and as a result he was sentenced to public lashing. He was seen doubling over in agony as the masked man brutally whipped him. It was reported that after 10 canings, a doctor had to check on him before allowing further beatings.

Chief prosecutor Erwin Desman said that being a non-Muslim, Simbolon always had a choice to be prosecuted under national or religious law. He added that the Christian man may have chosen a public beating to avoid a lengthy criminal prosecution, the Daily Mail reported.

Aceh situated on Sumatra Island began implementing Islamic law after it was granted special autonomy in 2001. Simbolon was among 10 people – eight men and two women – to be whipped on Friday.

Banda Aceh mayor Aminullah Usman, said: "This is our government's commitment to enforcing Islamic law. If there is a violation of the law, immediately report it to the Sharia police and we will carry out a punishment like today's caning."

The incident happened months after a woman charged with adultery under sharia law was whipped at least 100 times as a punishment.

The 30-year-old woman was caned in public for allegedly being in a room with a man she was not married to in September 2017. The 34-year-old man reportedly involved with the woman also received 100 lashes.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/this-punish...onesia-1656016

How fucking barbaric! Flogging someone for selling alcohol?! I wonder what century the rulers in that country thinks it is. Maybe someone should remind them we live in the 21st century?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Is this the first time you hear about how the Indonesian justice system works?

Oh no, some random dude ignoring and breaking a law got some whipping!
    It's 2018 but people are still being killed for far less reason in the US and Europe.

this is why i'm against the mass importing of refugees and "migrants".

any time they get a majority anywhere, what happens? sharia law. every single time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Barbaric, was he on holiday or something.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    "This is our government's commitment to enforcing Islamic law. If there is a violation of the law, immediately report it to the Sharia police and we will carry out a punishment like today's caning."
    The Handmaid’s Tale - fiction in the West, a documentary in some other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    It's 2018 but people are still being killed for far less reason in the US and Europe.
    The 30-year-old woman was caned in public for allegedly being in a room with a man she was not married to in September 2017
    Not just the dude. Pretty fucking barbaric. And ridiculous to compare this savagery to anything in the US or Europe.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Not just the dude. Pretty fucking barbaric. And ridiculous to compare this savagery to anything in the US or Europe.
    There is a place i think in Europe with gay concentration camps or something atm with punishments on TV

Isn't this the place where they murder those atheists in the market place? Stabbed him to death or something?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Quick, Islam looks shitty - misdirect, obscure, engage what aboutism!

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I mean, it's easy to point out how barbaric and shit the "enemy" is and ignore whatever happens in your own backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Quick, Islam looks shitty - misdirect, obscure, engage what aboutism!
    Eh wat? Islam is shit.
    Are you some trumpist or something?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is why i'm against the mass importing of refugees and "migrants".

any time they get a majority anywhere, what happens? sharia law. every single time.
    You barely have any indonesians in the US if the numbers on wikipedia are to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    There is a place i think in Europe with gay concentration camps or something atm with punishments on TV
    Source: a homeless guy tripping on LSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    How fucking barbaric! Flogging someone for selling alcohol?! I wonder what century the rulers in that country thinks it is. Maybe someone should remind them we live in the 21st century?
    How would you remind them? Would you launch a crusade? A colonial conquest? And who should do it? The Danish military?

Really?

This is just a bait thread tho. Especially considering your post history. It's not that you give a shit about Jono Simbolon, it's just that you wanna start a Sharia law shitfest debate.

Also to point out,
    Chief prosecutor Erwin Desman said that being a non-Muslim, Simbolon always had a choice to be prosecuted under national or religious law. He added that the Christian man may have chosen a public beating to avoid a lengthy criminal prosecution, the Daily Mail reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chechnya, which is on the border of Asia and Europe. I’m not sure if it counts as European or Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Source: a homeless guy tripping on LSD.
    https://uawire.org/news/homosexual-m...n-the-republic

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2017/04/269628.htm

Tho to be honest, while part of Russia is geographically in Europe, it doesn't really qualify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Chechnya, which is on the border of Asia and Europe. I’m not sure if it counts as European or Asian.
    I think the greater reference is to culture, rather than location. In which case, it's more of a European culture. Not that it really matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Technically Eastern Europe, https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dai...mosexuals.html
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...391.html%3famp

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    One of the basic facts on the ground is that the world is darkening for LGBT folks. The truth is that we're a community dependent on liberal democracy and a respect for civil rights, and as those concepts erode -- whether due to faith or nationalism -- violence has increased. Hell, even American evangelicals are exporting their bullshit into the Christian world, and the Trump administration is appointing these people to various panels at the UN.

That frightens me more than anything.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2018-01-21 at 08:54 PM. Reason: To clarify where evangelicals are coming from.

The Caucasus is the South-Eastern edge of Europe. It's Europe geographically, but Russia doesn't really count as Europe to be honest.