10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump on Twitter:
    Democrats have shut down our government in the interests of their far left base. They don’t want to do it but are powerless!
    They're powerless, and yet shut down the government despite the fact that the Republicans own every branch?

Stable genius indeed.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Donald Trump on Twitter:

They're powerless, and yet shut down the government despite the fact that the Republicans own every branch?

Stable genius indeed.
    Seems like the powerless one here is Trump, he fucked up and now he can't fix it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Donald Trump on Twitter:

Stable genius indeed.
    If he thinks the Dems like the far left (or if far left likes the Dems) then boy is he misinformed.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump breaks another record.

Trust in US institutions sees record drop

"Oh that's because the Swamp -- "

Shhhhhhhhh. No.

According to the annual Edelman Trust Barometer, trust in U.S. institutions decreased in the U.S. more so than any of the other 28 countries in the survey, Reuters reported.

The institutions measured in the survey include the government, media, business and nongovernment organizations.

Trust among the general population decreased by 9 points to 43 percent, according to the survey. Among the general population, it is the largest recorded drop in the survey's history.

Among the informed public in the U.S., trust fell 23 points to 45 percent.

Faith in government fell 14 points to 33 percent among the general population.

Trust in business, media and nongovernmental organizations also fell between 10 and 20 points, according to the survey.

"The United States is enduring an unprecedented crisis of trust," said Richard Edelman, president and CEO of Edelman. "This is the first time that a massive drop in trust has not been linked to a pressing economic issue or catastrophe like the Fukushima nuclear disaster. In fact, it's the ultimate irony that it's happening at a time of prosperity, with the stock market and employment rates in the U.S. at record highs. The root cause of this fall is the lack of objective facts and rational discourse."
    China had the largest gain at 8 points.

Also, the What He Meant Was squad takes the field after Trump blatantly accused the Democrats of being "complicit" with murder. You know, "complicit" trying to turn that word around so it's not aimed at Ivanka.

The White House spokeswoman also addressed an ad that Trump’s re-election campaign put out over the weekend which implies that Democrats will be “complicit” in any murders committed by undocumented immigrants.

“Look, the president's number one job as commander in chief and the president is national security, and we cannot protect American citizens, we cannot protect this country, if we don't secure our border," Sanders said. "That's the point the president is trying to make.”
    Let's look at that argument.
    1) By extension, Trump is complicit in any lethal drug overdose, any mass shooting, any fatal traffic accident on federal highways, and the like -- basically anything that could have been prevented by some form of Executive Branch action. I don't believe that's fair, but hey, if What He Meant Was says so...
    2) Trump claims to want a DACA fix despite being the one who personally ended the program.
    3) The White House is so secure, so proud of its message, that they actively distanced themselves from it within 24 hours. Trump paid for the ad, then released it on his campaign website.
    4) See and hear the ad here. "I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message" plays loud and clear.

Sanders also had to defend Trump's choice not to be involved in any meetings, with any House or Senate members, over the weekend during which the government was shut down.

“The president has been engaged," the press secretary said. "I think that different circumstances call for a different type of leadership. He's been incredibly engaged. He’s spent a lot of time on the phone.”

Yep, that's a photo from this weekend. You've all seen it. You've all seen the memes. This is Trump incredibly engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is nothing wrong with rational fear tbh. That's the point of actual conservativism after all. A fear that a sudden change may have unseen consequences that we are not ready to deal with. We need that fear if only because a progressive is so invested in their ideas for a better world, they cannot be expected to full realize their impact. We need it to delay progress for just a little bit until we have processed and planned for its impact to some degree or at least until the issue is debated enough that society is aware of it and will not be caught completely by surprise.
    Fear is one of the most important instinces of intelligent life. It keeps us safe, it keeps us alive.
    The problem is irrational fear. Far too many conservatives throughout history are not guided by rational fear but by a complete irrational fear that doesn't let them process possible scenarios but rather guides them to stop all motion.
    Don't argue against fear. It's needed. Argue against the death of logic fear can cause to those too weak to accept and challenge it.

Their is a difference between being guided by fear like from spiders and politics of fear which is a driving and motivating factor.

The first one is aimed at one self, the second one is aimed at others.

Lets say I'm afraid of spiders, that does't mean I make my purpose in life to kill all spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Yep, that's a photo from this weekend. You've all seen it. You've all seen the memes. This is Trump incredibly engaged.
    Dude, seriously.

Look. Trump is a hard worker. The hardest of workers. He's getting in the zone. That is the face of a man getting in zone.

Ordering two Big Macs

and an 8 pack of diet cokes.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUBu8s7WkAA1LbP.jpg[/IG]

Oh yeah, he definitely looks like he's really getting into the nitty gritty of what's going on, really talking with Congressman and the American people, and he definitely doesn't look like he's on hold waiting to order something from Pizza Hut or finding out when his next golf outing is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the cameraman had to stand behind a tv to get Trump to look at him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Dude, seriously.

Look. Trump is a hard worker. The hardest of workers. He's getting in the zone. That is the face of a man getting in zone.

Ordering two Big Macs

and an 8 pack of diet cokes.
    And these are faces of men working hard https://twitter.com/drhonor/status/955102116833644545
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account

It looks like he is taking an ironic picture at a furniture store display.

"Hey, get a picture of me at this desk while I pretend to be President".

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If he thinks the Dems like the far left (or if far left likes the Dems) then boy is he misinformed.
    Wouldn't be the first time . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    And these are faces of men working hard https://twitter.com/drhonor/status/955102116833644545
    Every Emperor needs pictures of them reigning from the throne.

Most of those are clearly natural, taken by the official white House photographer in the course of the President doing his job.

Then there is the illegitimate orange turd, with his White MAGA hat on and an empty desk.

Which is honestly for the bets. The fewer decisions this moron is involved in, the easier it is going to be to clean up the mess on the other side of his downfall.

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to take this time again to point out the abusrdity that is the Trump oval office.

US Military flags and their FULL SET of campaign streamers, every 5 feet.

And because the orange turd's only purpose in in life is to be a troll, he used the same curtain designs as Clinton did.

And no, most prior Presidents did not do this.

Clinton:

George W Bush:

Reagan:

In fact only one President did this in modern times with their Oval Office.

Oh Dicky Dicky. Tricky Dicky.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Trumps curtains are atrocious. They just don't look good. Nor does gold decor in that room look nice in other furniture either.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/hay...ebastian-gorka

It's an older charge and it's a minor one, but ONLY THE BEST PEOPLE. He served as one of the top advisers to the president (without a security clearance)...while he had an active warrant out for his arrest in a foreign country.

Under normal circumstances, such an egregious oversight/fuck-up would be a political shitstorm. But now, it's Thursday.
    Yeah, there's an outstanding warrant for him. And that did not stop our Foreign Secretary from meeting him last week. It should be a shitstorm here at home as well, but people who even heard about it (we have a distinct lack of government-critical media) are too jaded by now. #shithole

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I think Trumps curtains are atrocious. They just don't look good. Nor does gold decor in that room look nice in other furniture either.
    Who said money can buy good taste, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Were I President, I'd do a lot of blue and white with red accents and with less clutter.

And as much as I love George W Bush's carpet, gold is the color of kings and royalty, and the President is not that. The colors should be symbolic of the republic.

And yes if any office in America should have symbolism, it's this one.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.axios.com/the-decline-an..._term=politics

Only the best people.
    President Donald Trump has put Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross out to pasture.

One problem: Ross’s efforts to wheel and deal with the Chinese have left the president unimpressed. Another problem: He keeps falling asleep in meetings.

Early in Trump’s presidency, Ross was his go-to negotiator, helming the administration’s trade talks with the Chinese. After a few months, though, Trump concluded he was doing a terrible job.

In a series of Oval Office meetings about six months into his presidency, Trump eviscerated Ross, telling him he’d screwed up, and badly.

“These trade deals, they’re terrible,” Trump said, according to a source in the room for one of the meetings. “Your understanding of trade is terrible. Your deals are no good. No good.”

Trump told Ross he didn’t trust him to negotiate anymore. Ross had tried in the early months of the administration, before Robert Lighthizer was confirmed as the U.S. Trade Representative, to take the lead on several crucial trade conversations. Once Lighthizer arrived there was a tussle for control over several issues. But after Ross botched — in Trump's eyes — his dealings with China, he decided Lighthizer would be the lead negotiator on all trade issues.

During this period, Trump humiliated Ross in front of his colleagues, per three sources, and questioned his intelligence and competence.

The Financial Times reported in August that Trump rejected a China steel deal that Ross thought he’d closed. But nobody has reported the extent of Trump’s castration of Ross. Trump has effectively taken his Commerce Secretary — who he once called a “killer” — off the playing field.

One example: Ross made a deal to open the U.S. market to cooked Chinese chicken, in exchange for the Chinese opening their market to American beef. Ross told reporters it was a “herculean accomplishment,” and “more than has been done in the whole history of U.S.-China relations on trade,” per the AP.

But Trump wasn’t impressed with this deal — at all — and told our sources he found Ross’s boasting to be laughable and ridiculous.

Ross’s propensity to doze off in meetings — which senior Capitol Hill aides have noticed — hasn’t helped.

"“Wilbur is good until about 11 a.m."" — A former senior administration official

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it can. You just need to know your taste is bad and trust a decent designer.
    That requires one to be something other than an egotist.

I'll give Melania credit where it is due, at least she has some eye for aesthetic and is willing to listen to counsel on the subject. When she is left to her own devices and not in slavish subjection to her husband, that is.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I feel like the cameraman had to stand behind a tv to get Trump to look at him.
    Is it like kids where the parents have to dangle toys?

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Christmas decorations. It was quite impersonal of course but it was certainly striking. Trump's style makes French and Russian baroque look minimalist.
    As gaudy and tacky as it is, there is some method to the madness in that the look is distinctive; you can look at a hotel without reading the name and immediately go 'that's a Trump hotel'. It's the aesthetic equivalent of the JG Wentworth ads in that they are instantly recognisable and leave an impression.

What the Trump aesthetic lacks is, you know, content. In his mindset leaving an impression is more important than the kind of impression that is given; gaudy, tacky, and ultimately opting for show over substance. Because Trump leaves the best impressions by default, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Their is no point in arguing with a right-winger.

They are defined by fear and trying to burst their bubble of fear from the outside is foolish. The truth could be literally written in the bubble and they would find a way to stay in their bubble.

In their mind it's the evil liberal who ''cares more about foreigners than about Americans'' who wants to destroy America because ''reasons''. Against that mindset is impossible to argue because in their mind you are no better then a Muslim terrorist (well just a little bit better)
    Yeah.....I was called names by "adults" while they continued to post rhetoric about the "evil liberals."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Were I President, I'd do a lot of blue and white with red accents and with less clutter.
    Blue and white with gold trim.