Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Giving players options to level fast has no effect on people who want to level at the standard rate. You don't have to wear heirlooms, or use xp pots, or use RAF if you don't want to. Blizzard has removed those options, or seriously nerfed them. Those options were there for people who've done the content already and had no need to 'experience more of the game while leveling'. Blizzard did this just before introducing new races that have to be leveled if you want the heritage armor, at a time just before a content drought. Removing options for people who wanted them was not done for their benefit, it was done to increase time played and prompt more boost sales.
    You are in no way forced to level 4 (6) allied races to 110, it's a choice.
    There is a reason it is not given for free upon creation, it's supposed to be somewhat meaningful, yet 100% cosmetic.

In MMOs there's supposed to be content outside of end game grind, and that's where leveling and exploring the world while you immerse with your character comes in.

What's next? Introduce an "I win button" that gives you BIS? I mean, you can just choose not to use it, amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I figured my point was very self-explanatory?

EDIT: I was agreeing with you if that is your confusion.
    Yeah that's where the confusion came from

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    so many tears from people who just want to get to endgame. that's why there is a paid for boost.

making levelling content is probably the most time consuming element of making WoW and a large percentage of people that play these days want to skip it in order to get straight to endgame. (it actually amazes me the amount of people that despise the rpg part of this mmorpg).

however, there is still quite a large amount of people who have no interest in raiding or endgame and actually really enjoy the rpg aspect of the open world and levelling side of things. WoW is still one of, if not the biggest, rpg's around.

so the levelling change, is for the most part, a very big quality of life change for those players.

so if you are one of those that is horribly upset about no longer being able to level at ridiculous speeds - suck it up buttercup, either put your hand in your pocket and pay for a boost, or accept that blizzards levelling design isn't intended to be skipped to the extent that has been possible (without paying for it).

levelling has been a clusterfuck since cataclysm, that's a long time to have a really disjointed levelling experience and now it's finally being fixed.

i mean honestly, if you never experienced levelling in wow before cataclysm, then you probably dont have any real idea of how levelling progress was intended and would likely contest these changes, but thats ok, you dont know any better. this is a good thing for the game and that's exactly why it's been implemented. it's been needed for a long time. well done blizz, i'm actually tempted to start a fresh character for the first time in about 5 years.
    100% agree - I'm super thrilled to level another character, however as I already got a 110 of each class, I'm waiting for the new allied races before throwing myself at it. But I've definitely been tempted to explore zones and their stories that I previously haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty gross.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    So you can just buy 'heirlooms' as a first character on a new account now? I didn't even know that. That is just ridiculous.
    I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a friend starting to play on a fresh acct, and just being able to get looms, and hear new players ask where to get looms in trade chat, only to see the gold price. I dunno.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a friend starting to play on a fresh acct, and just being able to get looms, and hear new players ask where to get looms in trade chat, only to see the gold price. I dunno.
    You can still just buy looms now for gold, high level players seem to give it out for fun if people beg enough or if people join guilds they will often fund newbies. So yes newbies can now level with heirloooms up to 110.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice one Blizard.
    With new leveling changes RAF was the only thing that kept me sane.

Also to people saying "Buy 100 boost" Not everyone wants to dish out 50 euro for a lvl 100 boost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Nice one Blizard.
    With new leveling changes RAF was the only thing that kept me sane.

Also to people saying "Buy 100 boost" Not everyone wants to dish out 50 euro for a lvl 100 boost.
    It's really not that hard to level even now, most of the people in this thread would of being eaten alive by 1 to sixty in classic wow.

The bigger problem for me is that, well.. leveling with a friend is just kind of a pain in the fucking ass. RAF was one of the few ways to off set that. It's still better than nothing.

But if you ask me, you should get a 50% bonus just for being in a party while leveling, period, instead of being punished for it, and RAF should be a bonus on top of that.

Seriously, I've never understand a game that's made to be about community/groups that actively hates the idea of you playing with other people so much, unless it's some sort of instanced content.

Was hoping one day this would be reversed, like how mob tagging changed for the better of the community. Now it's like they're going in the reverse and now that's never gonna happen :/

There needs to be waaaaay more incentives for players to play together, not less and not only at max level. Seriously, comitting to level with other people makes the process take longer, in some cases much longer, especially when you add more than one more person. That's just silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    It's really not that hard to level even now, most of the people in this thread would of being eaten alive by 1 to sixty in classic wow.
    It's not *Hard*, however it takes a very long time compared to what it used to.

My Rogue leveled with RAF 1-90 BEFORE 7.3.5 /played: 20 hours, 38 Minutes
    My Shaman, leveling it now with RAF 1-66 /played: 17 hours, 43 Minutes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    It's not *Hard*, however it takes a very long time compared to what it used to.

My Rogue leveled with RAF 1-90 BEFORE 7.3.5 /played: 20 hours, 38 Minutes
    My Shaman, leveling it now with RAF 1-66 /played: 17 hours, 43 Minutes
    Hard is the wrong word ofc, I mean longer but still it's not that bad at all. It become ungodly fast and its still quicker to get 1 to 110 then it was to get 1 to sixty by a good few miles.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love the new leveling experience for me. I hate that they force it on everyone, though.

Blizzards messed up. This should have been an option for the guys/gals that just want to power through quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    The bigger problem for me is that, well.. leveling with a friend is just kind of a pain in the fucking ass. RAF was one of the few ways to off set that. It's still better than nothing.

But if you ask me, you should get a 50% bonus just for being in a party while leveling, period, instead of being punished for it, and RAF should be a bonus on top of that.

Seriously, I've never understand a game that's made to be about community/groups that actively hates the idea of you playing with other people so much, unless it's some sort of instanced content.

Was hoping one day this would be reversed, like how mob tagging changed for the better of the community. Now it's like they're going in the reverse and now that's never gonna happen :/

There needs to be waaaaay more incentives for players to play together, not less and not only at max level. Seriously, comitting to level with other people makes the process take longer, in some cases much longer, especially when you add more than one more person. That's just silly.
    The idea was that because you can do things quicker with help you should get less xp so you don't level unnaturally fast but it doesn't always work that way in practice.

The idea was that because you can do things quicker with help you should get less xp so you don't level unnaturally fast but it doesn't always work that way in practice.
    Yeah, and I recall another "worry" is that if it made leveling so much quicker everyone would feel they should always level in groups. Which is kind of insane to me. That'd be a GOOD thing. More people playing together!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and I recall another "worry" is that if it made leveling so much quicker everyone would feel they should always level in groups. Which is kind of insane to me. That'd be a GOOD thing. More people playing together!
    Well you see, I remember someone whining on this forum awhile back that they had to form groups to do dungeons in legion for recipes. That they cannot solo profession quests because they played the entire game solo and only did dungeons and raids when they became old content. I shit you not. So with crazies like that group play being pushed may get backlash from crazies.

Well you see, I remember someone whining on this forum awhile back that they had to form groups to do dungeons in legion for recipes. That they cannot solo profession quests because they played the entire game solo and only did dungeons and raids when they became old content. I shit you not. So with crazies like that group play being pushed may get backlash from crazies.
    Well, there's certainly an argument to be made that Blizzard often has conflicting designs (i.e. pushing the game playing one way 90% of the time, and entirely different for the rest of the 10%, that's a legit argument and something Blizzard really fails at).

Can't really be surprised people do that, though, I mean... they make this game anti-social until the final bits. So I don't really blame anyone for thinking that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's certainly an argument to be made that Blizzard often has conflicting designs (i.e. pushing the game playing one way 90% of the time, and entirely different for the rest of the 10%, that's a legit argument and something Blizzard really fails at).

Can't really be surprised people do that, though, I mean... they make this game anti-social until the final bits. So I don't really blame anyone for thinking that.
    But its an mmo, massive MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!! Online Role play game.

That'd be a GOOD thing. More people playing together!
    I have a sneaky feeling that leveling with someone that finds 'leveling with a friend is just kind of a pain in the fucking ass' isn't going to be the most fun.

But its an mmo, massive MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!! Online Role play game.
    I know! Someone needs to tell Blizzard to make most of their game work that way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling that leveling with someone that finds 'leveling with a friend is just kind of a pain in the fucking ass' isn't going to be the most fun.
    That's a bit harsh. It's fun to play with a friend because doing anything with friends is awesome. It's a pain in the ass because lots of parts are clearly designed around the assumption of it just being one person, and it makes it.... an annoying slog.

I can't wait for a new soddapopin video about leveling !

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    OMG again! People on this forum kill me! I'm so tired of people thinking Blizz do anything just for money! Alot of people ask this change for years!!!! We want leveling to be looooong, fun and rewarding. We want to to live the story and take our time in every zone we choose. Can you understand that??? We dont care about hitting cap level without much effort. If you're not happy, just buy a boost but believe me, you elitist, you're not in majority anymore!

I'm very happy with the patch! Thank you so much Blizz for that! Finally I can enjoy questing and leveling!
    x <- You ................................................................................. x <- the point

I don't think anyone has ever asked for RAF to be nerfed. With nerfs to RAF, heirlooms AND basic leveling speed by raising the amount of xp needed the conclusion that at least part of the point is to raise boost sales is an obvious one.
    And as another poster eloquently stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    I think the changes to leveling and RaF are fine, but they are missing one thing: making those changes optionnal.

Maybe add an incentive to "Level the slow way" (extra gold? priority in LFG dungeons? etc), but let those who want to level ASAP be able to do it without having to buy a boost
    Also where would your proof be that the majority of players is happy with all the nerfs to leveling speed? I'd be quite surprised if that were the case.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-01-23 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    You are in no way forced to level 4 (6) allied races to 110, it's a choice.
    There is a reason it is not given for free upon creation, it's supposed to be somewhat meaningful, yet 100% cosmetic.

In MMOs there's supposed to be content outside of end game grind, and that's where leveling and exploring the world while you immerse with your character comes in.

What's next? Introduce an "I win button" that gives you BIS? I mean, you can just choose not to use it, amirite?
    You failed with the ad hominem so you thought you'd try again with silly straw men.

I honestly wonder if Blizzard pays some of you guys.