1) Game runs at 1800p With checkerboarding in resolution mode. Performance and Graphic mode runs at 1080p
    2) Performance mode gives a 5-10fps AVG boost (normally between 40-50 fps compared to the other modes that is between 30-40 fps.
    3) This is a early build so final release may be different.
    4) Does not have a 30FPS Cap.
    5) Base PS4 runs much worse and barely hits 30FPS. Its graphic quality is equal to Pro in performance mode.

They will be doing a video comparing all versions in the final release.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-22 at 04:12 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Good video for all the performance aficionados out there.
    My eye can't catch those things.

On a side note, i'm still thinking about what weapon to start with.
    I'm thinking oldschool Greatsword all the way until i start unlocking crazy weapons with paralysis which are my favorites. Doesn't matter which type. Maybe dual swords or S&S.

Greatsword is so safe if you only attack with 1 circle > roll > Guard

It's a pretty oldschool weapon though and is boring compared to the others. But it's a start.

With what weapon will you start guys?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-22 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ill be playing with the Insect Glaive.

Gotta get Anime with it
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ill be playing with the Insect Glaive.

Gotta get Anime with it
    I love it but is really intimidating for me, for some reason.
    It's totally insane that kind of movement in a Monster Hunter game. Airborne combat, omg.

To be honest i'm picking Greatsword because i'm afraid of the game I need that "Guard" ability because i don't know any of this new monsters.
    I'm afraid to pick a weapon without "guard"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-23 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you pay attention there is almost always one or two weapons in each game that are significantly better than the others. In Freedom Unite it was HBG and Hammer, in 3U it was lance I'm pretty sure, in 4U it was Insect Glaive and Charge Blade, I don't remember what the best was in Generations, and so far it seems like Charge Blade is the best in the MHW beta.

The thing is that most people even if they heard what the best was wouldn't care. Sure, there'd be a decent chunk of people that would flock to it, but just like in WoW there'd be a lot of people that would stick to the class they enjoy the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly with the improvements to gunner and the change to Blademaster and Gunner armor, I'll probably be doing a lot of Longsword and Bow. Probably throw some IG in there too.

Thing I'm most interested in right now is this moment: https://youtu.be/bEZaDcSluWE?t=4m58s

For one, he's in archdemon and he did what looks like a regular dodge roll instead of a demon dash. Second, he dodge rolled through an attack. I know there were *some* very limited amount of attacks like those tail swipes that could be dodge rolled but man if that actually works for any decent amount of attacks it'd make my life because I LOVE iframes and hated that they were basically unusable for most things in this game with the regular roll and worthless for DB's due to demon dash.

I'm not super crazy about the flipping the swords thing in demon mode, but man that would more than make up for it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can dodge roll through a lot of stuff in the old MH games. I don't know why you keep saying you can't. You can roll through most attacks actually. It's just you have to have the right timing and roll in the right direction. If you really care about rolling that much Evasion +2 makes dodge rolling everything extremely easy.

Proof in case you still doubt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXn1JvFvu2c

Probably charge blade because it's awesome. Or i can go with something i never used like longsword or gunlance.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the long term prospect for a monster hunter game, do they dlc it? Free updates? My only experience is the wii and whilst the content was big is this a destiny style thing with constant extra dlc that makes the rest burger line obsolete?

Trying to justify my £45 investment...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    What's the long term prospect for a monster hunter game, do they dlc it? Free updates? My only experience is the wii and whilst the content was big is this a destiny style thing with constant extra dlc that makes the rest burger line obsolete?

Trying to justify my £45 investment...
    They have already announced a free DLC update coming in the spring. Seems they are handling DLC the same way they did on the 3DS versions (Free and bits thought out the year).

I wouldn't be surprised if the game does super well they do a paided expansion but as it stands DLC is free. If the DLC is like the 3DS games it won't make anything obsolete. It will just be another layer on top of what is already there.

Here is the trailer to the Spring update.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

1) Game runs at 1800p With checkerboarding in resolution mode. Performance and Graphic mode runs at 1080p
    2) Performance mode gives a 5-10fps AVG boost (normally between 40-50 fps compared to the other modes that is between 30-40 fps.
    3) This is a early build so final release may be different.
    4) Does not have a 30FPS Cap.
    5) Base PS4 runs much worse and barely hits 30FPS. Its graphic quality is equal to Pro in performance mode.

They will be doing a video comparing all versions in the final release.
    Would have been nice if the base PS4 would have been atleast stable 30 fps. Thats the first thing I noticed when I launched the demo for the first time, how the FPS seemed to go from like 20-30 fps and felt sluggish, atleast thats how it felt.
    Felt like it ran mostly around 25, but Im happy we get MH on a "normal" console. I wrote the same on some other place and people said the base version " fps ran fine"....

15+ Year Old Account
    Will probably start with gunlance and use bow or bowgun for monsters i dont like to fight up close.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Honestly with the improvements to gunner and the change to Blademaster and Gunner armor, I'll probably be doing a lot of Longsword and Bow. Probably throw some IG in there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Probably charge blade because it's awesome. Or i can go with something i never used like longsword or gunlance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Will probably start with gunlance and use bow or bowgun for monsters i dont like to fight up close.
    Poppincaps is the most ballsy and courageous out of us 4 He is not picking anything with "Guard"
    I am a dinosaur of the series, i have like thousands of hours of experience BUT is all old games (PS2 and early PSP1).
    Ahah i'm so afraid of dying on this one. It's a matter of pride i think.
    I will be spaming that "Guard" button like no tomorrow :P

@Coldkil, i just did some research and it seems like Charge Blade has "Guard". Does it have it in "Axe mode"? Is it a safe weapon?
    It's so cool i'm considering it but man i'm afraid when you switch to axe you are completely open.

@Coldkil, i just did some research and it seems like Charge Blade has "Guard". Does it have it in "Axe mode"? Is it a safe weapon?
    It's so cool i'm considering it but man i'm afraid when you switch to axe you are completely open.
    Yes, you can guard only in sword/shield mode, switching to axe takes out guard and leaves only roll.

However, when you learn the fast transition between the two during comobs, you can minimize the time you're without guard.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Omg, i've been studying the Charge Blade and you need a freaking diploma to know everything about it
    After watching a ton of videos this were the ones that finally made me understand.

AND THEN THERE ARE "GUARDPOINTS", another thing you need to master. Omg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, you can guard only in sword/shield mode, switching to axe takes out guard and leaves only roll.

However, when you learn the fast transition between the two during comobs, you can minimize the time you're without guard.
    Did you know about the "guardpoints"? Last video this is insane
    It seems like in very specific attack frames you have auto-guard...or maybe u can block at certain points, idk.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-23 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sooon

I just need amazon to tell me
    Yo Genn, its in the mail

Deleted
    I'm going to follow Coldkil and use Charge Blade. It's sick.
    Godaim, today i felt like a student again learning everything about Charge Blade tech.
    And i'm pretty sure i still don't know everything :S

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You can dodge roll through a lot of stuff in the old MH games. I don't know why you keep saying you can't. You can roll through most attacks actually. It's just you have to have the right timing and roll in the right direction. If you really care about rolling that much Evasion +2 makes dodge rolling everything extremely easy.

Proof in case you still doubt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXn1JvFvu2c
    Because its extremely limited on what attacks you can iframe with dodge roll and you can iframe virtually nothing with demon dash. Which is why I mention that he's using a regular dodge roll in archdemon.

There's a reason you always see things like narga / zinogre used as examples in those kinds of videos, because they're some of the only monsters that you can actually make use of iframes on. Most monsters hitboxes on attacks are far too massive with how limited evasion is for characters to actually evade through them in the way you do in say dark souls or vindictus.

Also did you watch that video? Its a ton of shit examples and times where he actually just physically dodges the entire attack and doesn't iframe through anything.
    Like look at this shit: https://youtu.be/nXn1JvFvu2c?t=5m21s He doesn't start the roll until after the attack has already passed over him.

- - - Updated - - -

I always go dual blades, they're my favorite in every game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

AND THEN THERE ARE "GUARDPOINTS", another thing you need to master. Omg

- - - Updated - - -

Did you know about the "guardpoints"? Last video this is insane
    It seems like in very specific attack frames you have auto-guard...or maybe u can block at certain points, idk.
    Guardpoints are EXTREMELY useful, and can make the weapons with it kinda OP in the right hands. I was watching a video of someone hunting Nergigante with the Lance and he was so good with the guardpoints that he basically was attacking at ALL TIMES and never had to stop, and took very little damage (I don't recall him ever healing). He had him dead before he could even make it to the next area.

Rule of thumb for the BASICS of guardpoints for a weapon like Lance, Gunlance, Charge Axe, and S&S is that if at any time the shield is up, even during an ATTACK animation, it will block attacks from that angle.

- - - Updated - - -

Switch Axe.

Always Switch Axe
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon! Tell me it is shipping dammit!