Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    abortion is murder. I would either raise the child or give the child over for adoption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Ignoring title gore, giving birth to someone with a severe disability is cruel and inhumane. You are dooming them to a life of suffering.
    Killing your own baby is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Every life has value, even if it's not by the popular definition of the term. Henry Miller wrote about similar themes in "Black Spring", in a passage where somebody has to take their mentally ill relative to an asylum to be locked away. It will break your heart.

The line that sticks out to me is "Why couldn't she stay with us? I used to ask myself that over and over. Why couldn't they make a place for her by the fire, let her sit there and dream if that's what she wanted to do. Why must everybody work? Even the saints and the angels. Why must halfwits set a good example?"

(Reading starts around 0:44)

I'd let them live just however they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    abortion is murder.
    Extremely omega level debatable

Personally I would likely abort the child.

With everyone apparently having some level of autism these days.......where you do draw the line?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. For both the child's sake and my own. This reminds me of that stupid video where Down's victims were advocating people not abort them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Downs is a pretty severe case.

As the science gets better what if the doctor tells you

The child will have a heart defect that requires surgery?

The child is female?

The child is trans?

Or the child will have brown eyes?
    Ultimately, the decision is up to the woman and any reason to abort is perfectly valid. That said, there are certainly societal implications for gender-selective abortions, especially if done in large numbers. (Eg, More males than females is always bad)

abortion is murder.
    Patently false. Learn how words work.

As the science gets better what if the doctor tells you

The child will have a heart defect that requires surgery?
    Abortion.
    The child is female?
    Not get an abortion, it's backwards in my opinion with sex-selective abortions.
    The child is trans?
    Not get an abortion, not like it's a disability or anything like that.

Or the child will have brown eyes?
    That's just downright stupid. Even though I find lighter eye colors intriguing it's not something to factor in at all in regards to abortions, it's likely any child I have will have brown eyes so dark they look black, just like me.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-01-23 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

And people that do should take it all on themselves to take care of them, no knocking on doors of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terminate the pregnancy. My wife and I already talked about it. However we would tell our family that they found something more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    I'm not in favor of people using abortion as a birth control method because they don't want to deal with the consequences of their actions (not using condom/birth control and thus getting preggo)
    On the other hand there is absolutely no reason to bring a living being into this world that is only going to suffer and its not just them either but everyone around them will suffer as well. We should be doing everything in our power to stop these conditions from getting through and if the only way to do that is through abortion then so be it.

at the end of the day however it should ONLY be the woman's decision, its her body so its her right to do what she wants and no one else should have any right interfere with that.
    Only? What about the dad? What if he disagrees? Should he be on the hook for something he cant interfere in?

Quote Originally Posted by yajinni View Post
    Only? What about the dad? What if he disagrees? Should he be on the hook for something he cant interfere in?
    Yes, because unfair as it may be, society has two choices: pay for the kid's upbringing collectively, or make the father take care of the kid. Because 'lol fuck you kid' isn't actually an option that's going to be acceptable to anyone who isn't a deadbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I would probably opt for an abortion, its not doing the child a service if you know its going to have massive issues its entire life

Nope. Not even a hard question honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I refused the test because it was irrelevant to me what my twins might have. Decisions like that aren't mine to make.
    Pragmatically you do have a choice.

I feel like some appropriate modification of the Parable of the Flood would be applicable here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't burden my family, society, or even the child himself with a mentally handicapped child.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

abortion is murder.
    It's not, for the simple reason you can't kill something who is not even alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    It's not, for the simple reason you can't kill something who is not even alive.
    True but also, murder is considered unlawful killing, abortion is lawful.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Would you kill a baby with downs?

Doesn't necessarily have to be a disabled kid it can be a normal healthy kid and i would still ask for an abortion.

Deleted
    Me and my partner already discussed this and we both agreed we'd prefer to get it aborted.