Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Or, counterpoint, Gallywix is going to sell the Azerite to the Alliance as well. He's in it for profit - Why wouldn't he sell it to them and fuel the war himself?

Not all Goblins need to be in the alliance or horde to thrive!

Case in point the venture company or the steamwheedle cartel!

Its the fact Gallywix chose to keep this in house and the fact he hasnt fucked over the Horde since he has been in it tells me Gallywix still has a somewhat of a soul and is somewhat loyal and that Thrall somewhat should take credit for believing in him!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-01-24 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    He uhm... kept the chair warm I guess?

Possibly also legalised weed in Orgrimmar. Trolls love weed.
    Seeing who he handpicked for next warchief keeping the chair warm didn't really matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall has not made good decisions since....oh uh....you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Seeing who he handpicked for next warchief keeping the chair warm didn't really matter
    He didn't have much say in that choice though, it was mostly the spirits' decision. I get the impression that Vol'jin wasn't too thrilled about the idea.

*To our knowledge.

And let's be real, Gallywix hasn't been doing anything at all since he joined the Horde. His goblins have been doing whatever they want, but he himself has been sitting in his pleasure palace until recently.

And until recently, there was no reason for him to leave. Now there's a literal gold mine sitting in Silithus that he got his hands on first.
    and yet he chose to tell the Horde about it even though none of the leaders knew about it!

Also it was Gallywix who ordered his goblins to dig for treasures that garry could use cause Gallywix stayed loyal to garry all the way up until the siege of org!

All iam arguing is that Gallywix is no longer the monster he used to be and that he and his goblin men and woman are now truly a asset to the horde!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-01-24 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Was Thrall right about Gallywix?

Ok we all know it was Thrall who decided to let Gallywix become the leader of the Goblin Bilgewater Cartel
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Gallywix already the leader of the Bilgewater Cartel even before they joined the Horde? I'm sure Thrall merely allowed the fat bastard to remain as leader of the Cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Gallywix already the leader of the Bilgewater Cartel even before they joined the Horde? I'm sure Thrall merely allowed the fat bastard to remain as leader of the Cartel.
    I thought i was the CEO all the way until he robbed me blind then enslaved my goblin! After that boat sank all bets was off and it literally was every goblin for himself!

Gallywix had no power on that island afterwards and it really was shitty writing that blizz didnt make our goblin toons the leader after every thing that went on there.

But like i said gameplay reasons.

And I'm arguing that's not necessarily true.

Gallywix also 'assures' Sylvanas that he 'has people on it' when she asks if the Alliance has any idea it exists. And immediately after, we watch the SI:7 clearly knowing it exists. So clearly, his 'people' aren't doing a good job.

Speculate with me for a moment: What would Gallywix get out of promoting war?

Clients. That's what he would get. His goblins hold all the Azerite? They hold all the power, and therefore all the money.

He tells Sylvanas the Alliance doesn't know about Azerite so she'll buy Azerite to fuel her war.
    He lets the Alliance discover Azerite, and 'conveniently' some neutrality slips out and he starts selling Azerite to the Alliance.
    Suddenly the Twilight Cultists are running around with the blood of an old god, despite Goblins being the ones holding it all. I wonder how it got there?

Gallywix's wallet is looking mighty fat right about now.
    It would be gross incompetence for SI:7 if they didn't investigate that fucking HUGE SWORD in silithus.

I honestly cant believe it was Gallywix alone who thought that massive titan sword and the stuff around had any value and was worth investigating!

That alone makes Gallywix smarter than every fucking leader on Azeroth!!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-01-24 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Tbf, that was before Blizzard did a 180 with Garrosh and turned him from a honourable orc into the next crazy-for-no-reason loot piñata
    Except the signs were always there. In the conversation he has with Saurfang in the Borean Tundra, various bits of quest dialogue, The Ulduar Trailer, and the book that takes place between Wrath and Cata. (the one where Cairne challenges Garrosh as leader of the Horde)

It already is gross incompetence that ONLY the SI:7 and Goblins bothered to go look at the sword.

Why is no other race looking at the wound literally killing our world? Draenei aren't interested to know exactly what kind of power Sargeras held when he offered them power? Night Elves don't care that the planet is dying? Dwarves aren't interested in the sword of a Titan, their creators? Undead don't want to see the power of the Dark Titan and see what they can do with it? Orcs don't want to see the final act of the one who enslaved them all those years ago?
    I honestly could've said well its under Horde territory so they cant send a expedition but southern Kalimdor isn't under horde control so there is literally nothing to stop the allies from going there!

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    A dead goblin doesn't make any money.
    It's the only thing that makes sense. The only good goblin is a dead goblin.

10+ Year Old Account
    gallywix, despite bein a massive douche, has a big brain and knows whats good for him, only choice really to give azerite to sylvannas
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    gallywix, despite bein a massive douche, has a big brain and knows whats good for him, only choice really to give azerite to sylvannas
    Is it though?

Aint the Horde supposed to be badly weakened since SoO and with all the fighting since WOD and Legion iam amazed there is anyone left to challenge supremcy even the murlocs let alone Gallywix?

Lets be real both sides have been decimated after the countless wars and if this azerite is as powerful as it claims then any species even the fucking quillboars could get powerful just by having it but Gallywix seems to hedge his bets by telling the leader of the horde its potential when he honestly couldve taken it for himself and after the loses the horde suffered and the fact Goblins breed like rabbits Gallywix trully couldve taken over if he kept his mouth shut and just waited a while i mean its not like goblins dont know how to make weapons of mass destruction cough* cough* Theramore!!!!!

Summary: No ! Thrall was an idiot, he choose an unprepared young man to be his successor and then he choose an unscrupulous asshole to lead the goblins! Gallywix is just rational enough to choose between a very profitable option on VERY short term, then he lose everything, or a quite profitable option on long term.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    Summary: No ! Thrall was an idiot, he choose an unprepared young man to be his successor and then he choose an unscrupulous asshole to lead the goblins! Gallywix is just rational enough to choose between a very profitable option on VERY short term, then he lose everything, or a quite profitable option on long term.
    Garrosh was older than Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Gallywix made a rational judgement.

He sent Goblins to investigate the rumors of a new material in Silithus.

His Goblins reported back that the material is extremely powerful.

He then has two choices.

1.) Monopolize the material for as long as possible to maximize profits.

2.) Share the information with the Warchief.

If you are Gallywix, your initial instinct might be to go with option 1 and give into your greed. Short term, you get a bonanza but a resource that powerful will inevitably draw the attention of other forces determined to make use of it for themselves, other forces who could easily disrupt the Goblins operating alone in Silithus and eventually force them out leaving Gallywix with nothing (basically the Alliance). Gallywix would then also have to explain to Warchief Sylvanas WHY he kept such a thing secret from his Warchief. This choice, ultimately ends with Gallywix losing his Silithus operation and Gallywix ending up very very dead.

Option two on the other hand results in less overall profits but it wins favour from the Warchief who is now grateful to him for bringing this to the attention of the Horde (and who will not now murder him brutally for keeping such a secret). It allows Horde muscle to be instantly directed to Silithus, protecting your operation from those other factions (particularly the Alliance) AND because the goblins are already running the operation, allows Gallywix to have a substantial say in what is happening down there.

So ultimately I don't think this casts any light onto Gallywix's character beyond proving he is not a goddamn moron. He had no choice really.
    Pretty much this. It's not so much a case of helping out the Horde, it's a case of scratching each other's backs. He could try to cash out on the Azerite but have minimal protection in place and get killed by Alliance forces or even his own faction for keeping the secret, or he could have less overall profit but get some strong protection and make sure he's alive long enough to keep milking the cow.

I actually like what they're doing with Gallywix here as it makes him relevant to the plot while keeping him 100% in character. Thrall should not have appointed Gallywix as he's still a selfish money grubbing asshole with no loyalty to the Horde, but at least his motives align with the Horde's interests for now to keep him interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Garrosh was older than Thrall.
    Thats even worse ! He choose an unprepared old man ! He gave up to prophecy that said that old men are the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    He didn't have much say in that choice though, it was mostly the spirits' decision. I get the impression that Vol'jin wasn't too thrilled about the idea.
    More like Blizzard's decision to put a fan favourite in the spotlight of the story to please the fans.

I am not a fan of Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    More like Blizzard's decision to put a fan favourite in the spotlight of the story to please the fans.

I am not a fan of Sylvanas.
    I wish Vol'Jin had been given something to do, but for wartime I think Sylvanas is probably the best choice. She's the most experienced warrior we have, she's spent her life and death waging wars of vengeance. She was the right choice for Legion. I expect in BfA we'll see why she's a terrible choice long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I wish Vol'Jin had been given something to do, but for wartime I think Sylvanas is probably the best choice. She's the most experienced warrior we have, she's spent her life and death waging wars of vengeance. She was the right choice for Legion. I expect in BfA we'll see why she's a terrible choice long-term.
    They could have actully keept Vol'jin as Warchief and let him survive. What they could have done insteed is that he could have received a vision from the Loa, who tells him that Sylvanas need to be at the front of the War. So she never get the Warchief title, but she can still good amount of spotlight. Heck, Vol'jin should been smart enough to just put her in the front in the first place anyway without the Loa telling him then. As you say, she got the experience of war.

I mean, so far she havn't actully done anything gooood reeaaally of what I know of.

Regardless, I hope you are right, I personally don't want her as a Warchief, that something happens to her that makes her unable to be Warchief any longer.
    Second Horde Civil war coming right up ... !