Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Two Pussy Riot members ‘seek asylum in Sweden’

Russian refugees?

I think Pussy Riot is why Putin stopped protecting gays in Russia. Pussy Riot pissed Putin off, Putin had them arrested, the LGBT community protested so Putin lifted his protection.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/01/24/t...lum-in-sweden-

Reports from Sweden say that two members of Pussy Riot have sought asylum in the country, complaining of persecution in their home country, Russia.

The pair from the protest punk group revealed the news to national broadcaster SVT, according to The Local Sweden.

Lusine Djanyan and Alexei Knedlyakovsky (whose name also appears as Aleksej Knedljakovskji) are said to be living in a home for asylum seekers in Lindesberg along with their son, awaiting a decision from the Swedish Migration Agency.

The report says they have been in the country for 10 months and are hoping for a ruling soon.

Pussy Riot achieved overnight fame in 2012 after a performance in a Catholic church in Moscow mocking President Vladimir Putin. Three members were arrested, with two of them jailed for two years for "hooliganism motivated by religious hatred".

Artwork by Djanyan and Knedlyakovsky was reportedly included in an "Inside Pussy Riot" exhibition put on display late last year at London's Saatchi Gallery.

In late 2016 Knedlyakovsky was one of two activists jailed for 15 days for allegedly attaching a wooden crucifix to a memorial to a Soviet era secret police chief.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Hope it works out.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They are white, unlikely to be accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    I fully agree with this so long as they're confined to the areas with the other refugees. They should get on great.

Plain idiocy. Provoke, commit crime and then claim you're being persecuted. I don't see this being much different than the person who claimed he can't go back to his home country because he committed a crime and would be killed if he went back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    I fully agree with this so long as they're confined to the areas with the other refugees. They should get on great.
    Oh wow lol. No way we can put two white women trough our immigration system. They wouldn't last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    "No Riot, No pussy" words to inspire :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Russian refugees?

I think Pussy Riot is why Putin stopped protecting gays in Russia. Pussy Riot pissed Putin off, Putin had them arrested, the LGBT community protested so Putin lifted his protection.
    You are crazy or misinformed of the timeline if you believe that.

Holy shit that chic on the left is whiter than white.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Holy shit that chic on the left is whiter than white.
    I'm jelly, I think she has me beat in the pale game.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Racist as usual
    So far only Poland has been willing to take in Ukrainians. So, I think its accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Plain idiocy. Provoke, commit crime and then claim you're being persecuted. I don't see this being much different than the person who claimed he can't go back to his home country because he committed a crime and would be killed if he went back.
    Are you this 'Russian minority' I keep hearing about from the Russian government?
    Breaking laws is not always inmoral.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Are you this 'Russian minority' I keep hearing about from the Russian government?
    No idea what you're talking about as I'm Swedish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Breaking laws is not always inmoral.
    Asylum is not for people who have broken the laws in a country and seek to escape prosecution. That's not persecution.

No idea what you're talking about as I'm Swedish.

Asylum is not for people who have broken the laws in a country and seek to escape prosecution. That's not persecution.

No. Say a US reporter found out Trump was embezzling money from the government and reported on it. The story is spread all over the evening news. Trump has the reporter locked up. The reporter escapes with the help of friends and winds up in Sweden. I bet the Swedish government would grant him asylum.

Just because your government says you committed a crime doesn't mean you committed a crime.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

They have friends around the world. They'll get asylum somewhere, and a platform.

For example, a band called KMFDM has an album Kunst, on which is a song called Pussy Riot, specifically in support of Pussy Riot. If nothing else, they'll be able to tour with KMFDM.

As for the comments about committing crimes in your home country, that's the point of asylum.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    They have friends around the world. They'll get asylum somewhere, and a platform.

For example, a band called KMFDM has an album Kunst, on which is a song called Pussy Riot, specifically in support of Pussy Riot. If nothing else, they'll be able to tour with KMFDM.

As for the comments about committing crimes in your home country, that's the point of asylum.
    Who?

I hope they enjoy being housed in the migrant sections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Who?

You don't get housed in migrant sections(those are not even a thing), asylum seekers go to asylum centers.

- - - Updated - - -

All political asylum seekers flee because they have broken laws, are you not familiar with the concept of a law not being just on themselves?

Who?

You have an internet, and I assume it has a google, and I assume it can YouTube. Go.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    You have an internet, and I assume it has a google, and I assume it can YouTube. Go.
    I don't listen to terrible music, and I already got conned into hearing fifteen seconds of a Pussy Riot song, so by association I can assume this is something I don't want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't listen to terrible music, and I already got conned into hearing fifteen seconds of a Pussy Riot song, so by association I can assume this is something I don't want.

They are in completely different genres.
    Not that im sure how that relates to the topic at hand.