Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    According to a youtuber named MrGM he told us pre orders will be available Jan 30th!
    Last edited by mmocb33f8b34ad; 2018-01-25 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    This is such a retarted post tbh... You could preorder the latest WoW Expansion before Alpha. That was at least the case for the last couple expansions

- - - Updated - - -

Internal Alpha, pre-alpha, F&F, Alpha, beta etc. does not mean shit actually. Companies set these names on their own and Blizzard has been also ALWAYS inconsistent with these namings themselves. A fact is that BfA's development is in progress... and well another thing is also, that it really does not matter in what development stage they are, pre orders were possible (at least for the last 3 expansions) before an "Alpha" was released.
    I was simply replying to the guy stating there was an alpha open like it was a fact. I am well aware that they're inconsistent at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    According to a youtuber named MrGM he told us pre orders will be available Jan 30th!
    Because a YouTuber knows everything, he knows as much as we do. People should stop listen to this people, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Because a YouTuber knows everything, he knows as much as we do. People should stop listen to this people, really.
    First of all, it's not the youtuber himself that predicted this. He had heard it from a trustworthy source who's been right before about this kinda stuff.

And second, stop listen to this ppl? If you are watching a youtuber that sacrifice alot of his/her time to make good quality videos that makes sense to you, we shouldn't listen to them?

Im not saying that I know he's right, or that he's info is canon. But still... your argument is weak!

WoWhead is sooooo slooow on this tablet of mine. Was hoping it was due to a huge wall of news, but alas no such luck. T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoWhead is sooooo slooow on this tablet of mine. Was hoping it was due to a huge wall of news, but alas no such luck. T.T
    Wowhead is always slow - I don't know what it is, but my browser always tanks whenever I have a tab open to them. Happens on multiple computers too.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Wowhead is always slow - I don't know what it is, but my browser always tanks whenever I have a tab open to them. Happens on multiple computers too.
    Thats because it uses scripts in the background and all their ads are resource hogs. I wouldn't touch that site with a 10 ft pole without getting some sort of adblock and antiscript software running.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Move forward with, not move forward to. It's as simple as the fact that there was a demo. Legion beta was called alpha for nearly the entire thing. Even after new stuff wasn't added.
    I'm not a game designer, and without Blizzard explicitly telling us we're all hazarding flimsily supported guesses, but the with/to quibble doesn't seem substantive to me. I see/hear business folk saying "we're going to move forward with x option/x hire" pretty frequently--they clearly haven't actually done either yet.

Also, a demo for a zone, two zones, a dungeon, etc., does not mean that the game is in alpha state. It means those chunks of content were probably worked on to get into a playable state specifically for the marketing/PR blitz that BlizzCon is for many of its fans. I don't think it's evidence that there *isn't* an alpha, but I don't think it's necessarily indicative, either.

Note: I would absolutely love for the game to be well into alpha or beta and be pleasantly surprised, but I'm also a bit jaded because I was arguing that they're definitely not into the beta yet on this forum and others, and the toxic community largely bashed me for thinking that until they posted that other forum post a couple weeks ago confirming as much. Then I posted it, got bashed again. Someone reposts the same thing a few days later and everyone goes bananas discussing it.

Maybe after the Q&A next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    I'm not a game designer, and without Blizzard explicitly telling us we're all hazarding flimsily supported guesses, but the with/to quibble doesn't seem substantive to me. I see/hear business folk saying "we're going to move forward with x option/x hire" pretty frequently--they clearly haven't actually done either yet.

Also, a demo for a zone, two zones, a dungeon, etc., does not mean that the game is in alpha state. It means those chunks of content were probably worked on to get into a playable state specifically for the marketing/PR blitz that BlizzCon is for many of its fans. I don't think it's evidence that there *isn't* an alpha, but I don't think it's necessarily indicative, either.

Note: I would absolutely love for the game to be well into alpha or beta and be pleasantly surprised, but I'm also a bit jaded because I was arguing that they're definitely not into the beta yet on this forum and others, and the toxic community largely bashed me for thinking that until they posted that other forum post a couple weeks ago confirming as much. Then I posted it, got bashed again. Someone reposts the same thing a few days later and everyone goes bananas discussing it.
    What it comes down to is do you really think blizzard can go from prealpha stage to a release in less than a year? Theat's just crazy, they started BfA over a year ago. There is no doubt it's in alpha or Blizzard are some sort of gods.

We'll probably find out during the Q&A.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allana View Post
    Preorders + public testing next week. I am so sure of this that I plan on taking wed-fri off to level a new allied race
    Wow you're pretty optimistic!

I hope so much that the leaks are right and we get allied races soon(TM).

Deleted
    30th with the Q&A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Wow you're pretty optimistic!

I hope so much that the leaks are right and we get allied races soon(TM).
    I mean, beta stuff is appearing now on datamining sites so as soon as the first builds are stable I bet they'll give us access (those who get invited I mean). I don't really care, I just want the allied races