Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Apart from anything else, I find it highly questionable to use your children's faces to underline a not uncontroversial message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Don't objectify women dude. She's married and has kids.
    She makes a living on objectifying herself, it's literally what she wants.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    It also depends on the genes.
    Genes play a role on a level that were not talking about. Genes play a role in the type of muscle mass you put on, muscle/fat distributions to different areas, and how your muscles feather ad the length of the fibers. As someone who has competed in some smaller fitness competitions (more aesthetics focused) this plays a huge role here. I am extremely lucky to be tall, and have long feathered muscles, but my core is naturally wider so I dont have the epic upside down Christmas tree look. Smallest my waist ever was, was 28 inches at 7% body fat, I was able to maintain that for 6 weeks, and I dehydrated myself for competitions.

What this thread is talking about, is being moderate with your calorie intake so you don't become 450lbs, were not talking about 11-7% body fat zones. Do some people have an easier time leaning out? Sure, but just because it takes someone a month or two longer is no reason to say "fuck it, i give up on my life".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Genes play a role on a level that were not talking about. Genes play a role in the type of muscle mass you put on, muscle/fat distributions to different areas, and how your muscles feather ad the length of the fibers. As someone who has competed in some smaller fitness competitions (more aesthetics focused) this plays a huge role here. I am extremely lucky to be tall, and have long feathered muscles, but my core is naturally wider so I dont have the epic upside down Christmas tree look. Smallest my waist ever was, was 28 inches at 7% body fat, I was able to maintain that for 6 weeks, and I dehydrated myself for competitions.

What this thread is talking about, is being moderate with your calorie intake so you don't become 450lbs, were not talking about 11-7% body fat zones. Do some people have an easier time leaning out? Sure, but just because it takes someone a month or two longer is no reason to say "fuck it, i give up on my life".
    So metabolism is not affected by genes?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    She's trying to imply her way of life is better than anyone else's, when in reality people are just going to do whatever they want to do anyway. Don't tell people how to live their life, and they won't tell you to f*ck off, basically.

She won the gene lottery and doesn't naturally gain lots of weight (same story for me, except I don't work out at all so I'm not at all toned). Hardly an acceptable reason to act like you're better than everyone else.
    Not sure how she is trying to imply that at all. She isn't wrong that her healthy lifestyle is a better choice for those who make excuses and damage their bodies with sweets and a sedentary lifestyle though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    She sounds like the sort of person that wants to speak to your manager.
    That would be the overweight moms

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not pretend she is doing this to make the world a better place.

Just another bitch trying to get her 15 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    Not sure how she is trying to imply that at all. She isn't wrong that her healthy lifestyle is a better choice for those who make excuses and damage their bodies with sweets and a sedentary lifestyle though.
    Better is subjective. I am perfectly happy with my life, and I don't exercise. My life is full filling without being concerned with being fit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mildly, you can easily manipulate it based off dietary choices and supplements. When I bulk my metabolism grinds to a halt, but I build a ton of mass, but when I cut, I cut out carbs (no rice/bread/pasta nothing) so my body efficiently burns fats again and my metabolism gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Better is subjective. I am perfectly happy with my life, and I don't exercise. My life is full filling without being concerned with being fit.
    I didn't say better in terms of happiness but rather better for health. If a person doesn't give a crap if they weigh 300-350 lbs and understand that their health isn't so grand but are still happy knowing this then this is not the target person Kang is referring to... she aims it towards those who are not happy with their health, who desire an attractive body that increases the change of luring in a possible mate, who desire having no medical conditions relating to their baggage.

Those are the people she asks "what's your excuse?"

And you only mentioned that you don't exercise but nothing about your weight, medical conditions, age, eating habits, etc. It's not just "I don't exercise and I am happy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    I didn't say better in terms of happiness but rather better for health. If a person doesn't give a crap if they weigh 300-350 lbs and understand that their health isn't so grand but are still happy knowing this then this is not the target person Kang is referring to... she aims it towards those who are not happy with their health, who desire an attractive body that increases the change of luring in a possible mate, who desire having no medical conditions relating to their baggage.

Those are the people she asks "what's your excuse?"

And you only mentioned that you don't exercise but nothing about your weight, medical conditions, age, eating habits, etc. It's not just "I don't exercise and I am happy"
    Fair point.

I'm 36, 5'8" and 150lbs. I have don't have a flat stomach any more, but i'm not fat either. My health is perfectly fine. So that puts me in the "Not targeted" category. So, I retract my reply since it doesn't apply to me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

It also depends on the genes.
    Genes have such minimal impact on your weight. If you're 30+ kg overweight then it's because you're eating too much. Genes contribute to maybe 1-5 kg, not massive overweight. Even in cases of hypothyroidism the impact is relatively small. If you encounter someone weighing 120 kg at 180 cm then that's because they're eating too much, not because of their genes.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-01-26 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Fair point.

I'm 36, 5'8" and 150lbs. I have don't have a flat stomach any more, but i'm not fat either. My health is perfectly fine. So that puts me in the "Not targeted" category. So, I retract my reply since it doesn't apply to me.
    I am 31, 5'8" and 220 lbs.... I am chubby and lately have been making better choices. I have a strong addiction to Hot Cheetos with lime and would sometimes buy some bags (4 or 5 if there is a sale) and try to hide them from my wife but she finds them and lectures me out of love so lately I have been trying my best to fight it and have taken up eating oranges (so juicy) in place of them.

It's hard but I really gotta supplement what I used to eat.

Deleted
    The amount of variance in total daily energy expenditure in resting metabolic rate is about 5-10% when taking into account same sex/height/weight/etc.
    So yes, that's rather negligible. Especially compared to the absurd statements people like to make based on anecdotal evidence of seeing someone eat once a week.

Deleted
    And she also didnt get a short haircut. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I'd hit it, only if she talked about her kids though.

Nothing more unattractive than a woman who has kids but doesn't at least talk about them a little. Shhhhiiitt I have a dog that I couldn't take with me that I had to leave with my ex, more than a year ago, and I still talk about him like it was yesterday.
    My ex got our dog, I still had moments where I legit broke down and cried even years later... I never knew what that kind of companionship was like before him.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    The amount of variance in total daily energy expenditure in resting metabolic rate is about 5-10% when taking into account same sex/height/weight/etc.
    So yes, that's rather negligible. Especially compared to the absurd statements people like to make based on anecdotal evidence of seeing someone eat once a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Genes have such minimal impact on your weight. If you're 30+ kg overweight then it's because you're eating too much. Genes contribute to maybe 1-5 kg, not massive overweight. Even in cases of hypothyroidism the impact is relatively small. If you encounter someone weighing 120 kg at 180 cm then that's because they're eating too much, not because of their genes.
    While I do agree that eating a lot of calories cause obesity, I do think that genes play a lot bigger role in your metabolism, eating habits and many other things together to create a much bigger impact on your overall weight.

For example, here's a quite from one of the articles below:

Food preferences, dietary patterns and exercise behaviors are all likely to be determined, in part, by genes.
    http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news121
    https://www.weightwatchers.com/util/...d=20791&sc=801
    https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weig...eight-destiny/
    https://www.active.com/weight-loss/a...your-body-type

I eat a lot of chocolate, and I often don't eat a bit but a whole 200g chocolate in 30-60 minutes.
    But I can't for example drink coke and eat chocolate. It's just way to sweet for me. But I love both, just not at the same time.
    And when I eat normal food I do not eat little. I can easily eat a whole pizza, or when I cook food I eat 500g meat and about 400g potatoes together with a big roman lettuce. And I'm not a big guy, currently weight 68kg.

Most of the people that are angry are just trying to justify their bad health.

(I'd hit it)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just her way of asserting her perceived dominance. It's not enough that she is in good shape and feeling good about herself, she has to go the extra mile and make others feel bad about themselves. Very typical bully behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I am against discriminating against people for anything outside of their control, including race, gender, age, sexual orientation (Yeah I know some people debate that one, I personally don't care), disabilities, nationality, etc.

I have no issue with discriminating against people for things they can control, including ignorance, obesity, shitty attitudes, lack of integrity, laziness, and entitlement. Yes, your genes might predispose you to be 5% more likely to be overweight, but they don't actually make you overweight, you did that to yourself. Your genes didn't make you eat those cheeseburgers, and they didn't make you sleep in instead of going to the gym. For all the people crying about being somehow victims of an obesity epidemic, it isn't a disease, they can help themselves. With that said, the other side of the coin is that there is no reason to bully fat people either. It isn't really making the situation better, and it is a crass thing to do. I don't personally consider the comments in the OPs article to be bullying, they weren't aimed at any specific fat people, they were just general grandstanding and bragging. I don't find boasting to be that appealing, but lots of people do it about worse things.

I take no issue with her. Her message isn't "fuck you for being fat", it's "you can do it".