Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Being able to pick your poison in a world that is "masterminded" by the free market is hardly my definition of freedom.
    It's a good thing we have a dictionary definition to go with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, you're a fascist, 100%

i support free speech above all else. nobody should ever have the right to restrict anyone's free speech for any reason. a company should never have the right to ban people for things not done on their premises/while using their service.

the free market has to be controlled or people die.
    I'm a fascist, because I support freedom? It's clear you don't know the definition of words.

Good for you, I also support free speech. Unlike you, I'm not trying to use the government to force things on people in this scenario. If a company doesn't want to serve an asshole, it should not be forced to do so.

"1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
    2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control"

Once again, please learn the definitions of words, you are embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's a good thing we have a dictionary definition to go with.
    I'm pretty sure there's more than one definition.

Edit: Also your fixation on dictionaries makes you look incredibly stupid. If you rely on a dictionary to tell you what fascism is, you're doing something wrong. You know, it's not like complex terms/ideas like fascism are set in stone as they're constantly discussed within scientific discourse.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-01-27 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's more than one definition.
    Well, I'm pretty sure we're better off discussing one of the numerous definitions provided by acclaimed dictionaries, as opposed to a random poster on the internet. After all, another poster on this thread tried to link support of freedom to being a fascist... so it's clear that personal opinions on words doesn't carry much weight.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    can you imagine if every business in society would be like this?
    It's common place in america. Most place have the right to refuse service to anyone if they are being an asshole.

7+ Year Old Account
    And to sumarize other reasons that can get you banned from overwatch so far

-playing only one character (even if you're very good at it)
    What? There is rule which forbids you playing only one character?

Deleted
    I am guessing that the logic behind that is to try and curb people who have several videos of intentional trolling, intentionally pissing people off for the "laughs", ruining games on purpose etc. etc..

I honestly don't know how to feel about that. On one hand, yeah I would actually like if video games did the job that parents should be doing, and that's teaching their kids not to be massive cunts. On the other, it seems unsustainable and rife for unfair bans.

the only reason toxicity in games is bad because it makes people focus on flaming in game rather than trying to win.

since that's not an issue outside of the game why is it ever a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    the only reason toxicity in games is bad because it makes people focus on flaming in game rather than trying to win.

since that's not an issue outside of the game why is it ever a problem?
    I believe it has to do with issues in game of trolling or being an asshole, that are streamed or where videos are made of the actions done whilst in game.

can you imagine if every business in society would be like this?

The bank "yeah we just looked at your social media profile and we decided we're going to shut down your account"
    Your landlord "yeah i just looked at some of the comments you said and i don't want toxic people on my property i'm evicting you"

I'm really not going to support this type of morality and it only seems to be acceptable in the video game industry.
    If you want to follow the rabbit hole and see a fictionalized idea of what this could lead to is to check out the episode of the Orville called 'Majority Rule' which takes what you are talking about to the extreme. If what this person did to get banned from overwatch on that planet, he would be either lobotomized or executed. Sadly, the way things are going, I could see that happening in a few years. Having an opinion not deemed politically correct these days is rather close to being a thought crime and a dangerous offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I believe it has to do with issues in game of trolling or being an asshole, that are streamed or where videos are made of the actions done whilst in game.
    well in that case it's completely fine, and it's not just blizzard that's doing it.

I believe there's even a video of a guy getting instabanned in lol after streaming being a troll cos a guy at riot was watching the stream.

if you're being a cunt in a game, you're actively preventing your team from winning. ofc there's degrees to it, a few sarcastic quips here or there shouldnt be a problem. but actual verbal abuse is statistically likely to cause a lose, in which case the bans are deserved.

if yoU're dumb enough to create footage of you doing bannable offenses, then dont be surprised you get banned.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-01-27 at 01:49 PM.

Meh I have no issue with any measures to fix the overwatch community. It's slowly becoming League of legends, fps mode.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well in that case it's completely fine, and it's not just blizzard that's doing it.

I believe there's even a video of a guy getting instabanned in lol after streaming being a troll cos a guy at riot was watching the stream.
    Man, if you can track that down, it would be hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Meh I have no issue with any measures to fix the overwatch community. It's slowly becoming League of legends, fps mode.
    As a Teemo and Heimerdinger main... I know exactly what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by HDestroyer View Post
    I too, only remained in this thread to hear more about this?

Whut boi? (not @ you HDestroyer, you're just asking the real questions here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. He said they watch gameplay by players, and if they see something overly toxic they'll investigate. Basically the social media is a catalyst, but the evidence for banning would still come from their in game metrics.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    They're not banning people. It's basically just a PR stunt.
    Which is fine either way. It's actually even better. Keep toxic people, pretend to do something against them and collect money from all sides.

AC Blizzard in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by HDestroyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I too, only remained in this thread to hear more about this?

Whut boi? (not @ you HDestroyer, you're just asking the real questions here)
    There isn't.

OP has quite the misinformed list there.
    There's no rule that bans you for picking only one character (Ex- No one has ever been banned for picking Mercy only).

There IS a rule that if you're queuing up for competitive matches, you're expected to work with the team overall. So if you're constantly picking something like Symmetra on attack (which doesn't work around 80% of the time), AND you're constantly getting reports, you'll get a temp ban. And yet again, this is solely for competitive mode, where the whole idea is suppose to be work with the team, not against them.

And no, you can't get banned from Overwatch for having a "potty mouth", you CAN get banned for repeatedly harassing/insulting people.

You can't get banned for using one too many emotes, there's literally a limit in game to how many emotes/voice lines you can use in a set duration. So unless you're repeatedly using emotes while in combat, which would be throwing the game, you're not getting banned for using emotes.

You can't get banned for "posting naughty things on social media", otherwise xQc would have been long gone by now. This new rule is that they're going to look into youtube videos and Twitch streams for proof of players insulting/harassing each other. Nothing to do with looking at you posting your dinner on Facebook.

And lastly...no, you can't get banned for winning too much. You can get banned if you purposely use a bronze ranked player to set a new account to bronze so you can try to climb from Bronze to Grandmaster with one character, which is most likely what actually happened, but I've literally never heard of a Reinhardt player getting banned for that. Otherwise, that one Zarya player would have got banned for playing too well (I forget her name, but she was a Zarya player who was accused by other pros of hacking, so she ended up playing on some one else's computer just to prove she wasn't).

OP is misinterpreting quite a bit of information there, whether intentionally or not. And people should watch the video even before quickly jumping on the bandwagon and believing it, because Jeff even says "social media sites like Youtube".

/shrug

their choice, seems really dumb though. glad I keep to just posting smut and meme's on social media.

I stopped playing when they started to ban players for playing their favorite character. Things have gotten worse I see.

More and more it seems Blizzard’s games are a VIP only club. Has gaming really come to this?

- edited post
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2018-01-27 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There isn't.

OP has quite the misinformed list there.
    There's no rule that bans you for picking only one character (Ex- No one has ever been banned for picking Mercy only).

There IS a rule that if you're queuing up for competitive matches, you're expected to work with the team overall. So if you're constantly picking something like Symmetra on attack (which doesn't work around 80% of the time), AND you're constantly getting reports, you'll get a temp ban. And yet again, this is solely for competitive mode, where the whole idea is suppose to be work with the team, not against them.

And no, you can't get banned from Overwatch for having a "potty mouth", you CAN get banned for repeatedly harassing/insulting people.

You can't get banned for using one too many emotes, there's literally a limit in game to how many emotes/voice lines you can use in a set duration. So unless you're repeatedly using emotes while in combat, which would be throwing the game, you're not getting banned for using emotes.

You can't get banned for "posting naughty things on social media", otherwise xQc would have been long gone by now. This new rule is that they're going to look into youtube videos and Twitch streams for proof of players insulting/harassing each other. Nothing to do with looking at you posting your dinner on Facebook.

And lastly...no, you can't get banned for winning too much. You can get banned if you purposely use a bronze ranked player to set a new account to bronze so you can try to climb from Bronze to Grandmaster with one character, which is most likely what actually happened, but I've literally never heard of a Reinhardt player getting banned for that. Otherwise, that one Zarya player would have got banned for playing too well (I forget her name, but she was a Zarya player who was accused by other pros of hacking, so she ended up playing on some one else's computer just to prove she wasn't).

OP is misinterpreting quite a bit of information there, whether intentionally or not. And people should watch the video even before quickly jumping on the bandwagon and believing it, because Jeff even says "social media sites like Youtube".

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDr..._for_24_hours/

I am not talking out of my ass. Yes you can get banned for playing a character.
    instead of the devs making characters useful both in attack and defense they choose to ban people who play these characters. And btw there is no warning or rule that would inform some one that doing any of this is a banable offense. I've yet to see any one get banned in LOL or Dota for playing "the wrong character". As long as people try to win its fine.

But i suppose the devs at overwatch actually designing characters that can be played in both roles like junkrat is too difficult so they just choose to ban you for playing the game.