Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    On a more recent note, can there ever be an excuse for systemic discrimination and abuse? Only recently have the Turkish government provided Kurds with limited rights and freedoms with regards to language, education and the media, meanwhile Kurdish politicians and activists still face pressure.
    What contemporary systemic discrimination and abuse Kurds face in Turkey? The past is relevant in what way? Kurdish politicians face pressure, because they are actively and openly supporting a terrorist organization, PKK, rather than focusing on political ways of achieving their goals. Besides, it's not just Kurds, we (Turks) are pressured because we do not support Erdogan's world view. It's violation of Turkish laws, so they are in jail. I still remember the responds of Europeans in this forum, when some people openly supported some deceased ISIS terrorist in Belgium (Or maybe Sweden not sure).

So, mate, stop us suggesting we should tolerate terrorism supporters.

So again, you know what a good solution would be? Autonomy for the southeastern areas of Turkey. Then the Kurds will take the fight to the political arena and fight it out among themselves, with some parties in the autonomous area being in favor of the new status quo and others being in favor of independence, and the Turkish central government will stay out of it. Meanwhile, many Kurds will continue to live in peaceful co-existence with their fellow Turkish citizens in other parts of Turkey like Istanbul as they do today.
    Kurds can, today, take the fight to the political arena, and fight it out there. Nothing really holds them back.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Zarc

Your arguments are utterly and completely nonsensical considering a third of AKP's parliamentarians (from South Eastern Turkey) are Kurds. Kurds have as much right as the next Turk opposition to engage in politics in Turkey, so long as they distant themselves from PKK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    They call a Military Invasion of Syria, Operation Olive Branch......
    Still better than a group calling itself "Syrian Democratic Forces" when 80% of the fighters are composed of PKK members.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing of that sentence is factually correct. YPG was established in 2004, Erdogan became Prime Minister in 2003, the same year as the Democratic Union Party was established in Syria of which YPG is the armed wing. YPG is a terrorist organization and a wing of the PKK only in the eyes of Turkish state propaganda.
    Yeah, sure...It's just Turkish states propaganda...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post

- - - Updated - - -

A bonus for you folks

So, mate, stop us suggesting we should tolerate terrorism supporters.
    Nobody is suggesting that, don't put words in other peoples' mouths.

Kurds can, today, take the fight to the political arena, and fight it out there. Nothing really holds them back
    Except if they advocate for autonomy or independence or minority rights like having Kurdish be the medium of instruction in schools they get branded as being affiliated with the PKK as a means to shut them up or arrest them.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe...tral%3FSThisFB

Your arguments are utterly and completely nonsensical considering a third of AKP's parliamentarians (from South Eastern Turkey) are Kurds. Kurds have as much right as the next Turk opposition to engage in politics in Turkey, so long as they distant themselves from PKK.
    Yes, because they don't pursue a political agenda of having Kurdish as a medium of instruction in schools or things along those lines, or political autonomy or independence for the southeast. That Kurds are fine to participate in politics as long as they say only things the AKP have no problems with is not much of an argument.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2018-01-27 at 03:13 PM.

More bonus

https://www.wsj.com/articles/america...sis-1437747949

U.S. military personnel aren’t on the ground inside Syria vetting Kurdish forces, making it difficult to discern the affiliations of individual Kurdish fighters who may benefit from U.S. airstrikes, said a senior U.S. defense official. “These guys don’t exactly wear patches identifying what groups they’re fighting for,” the official said, “but they are fighting the right guys.”

The PKK says its affiliates—Syria’s YPG and groups called the PJAK in Iran and the HPG in Iraq—are separate but closely linked. PKK fighters and some analysts say they are one and the same.

“It’s all PKK but different branches,” Ms. Ruken said, clad in fatigues in her encampment atop Sinjar Mountain this spring as a battle with Islamic State fighters raged less than a mile away at the mountain’s base. “Sometimes I’m a PKK, sometimes I’m a PJAK, sometimes I’m a YPG. It doesn’t really matter. They are all members of the PKK.”
    - - - Updated - - -
    @Zarc

Kurds could fair better in Turkey, but there isn't any reason these days for PKK to exist. What is worse, however, PKK not only keep fighting, but they also expand to Syria rapidly with help of Russia, but mostly USA, a fucking NATO member.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because they don't pursue a political agenda of having Kurdish as a medium of instruction in schools or things along those lines, or political autonomy or independence for the southeast.
    I mean education in their mother tongue, maybe.. but independence? That's against Turkish law. Not going to happen. Besides, why should we share our resources? Land is a finite resource. As for political autonomy, it's not a human right, I think it's not even in extended list. I am personally against it but if they convince Turkish public, be my guest. You can not, however, force-convince Turkish public through terrorism.

That Kurds are fine to participate in politics as long as they say only things the AKP have no problems with is not much of an argument.
    No true Scottsman? So a Kurd can not be free in will if their views are not aligned with pro-independence Kurds?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-01-27 at 03:18 PM.

Trying to hammer the Kurds into submission hasn't worked for anyone so far, so why does Turkey think it's suddenly going to work now?

Deleted
    @Kuntantee who are the ground forces Turkey are using for this invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    @Kuntantee who are the ground forces Turkey are using for this invasion?
    I am not interested in having a discussion with you mate. The answer to your question can be found on google.

Deleted
    I am not interested in having a discussion with you mate. The answer to your question can be found on google.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sham_Legion
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_...n_rebel_group)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_Murad_Division
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levant_Front
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Storm_Brigade

Terrorists is the answer.

I wish the YPG good luck, its wolf hunting season.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2018-01-27 at 04:36 PM.

its wolf hunting season.
    I'll remind you this post when the last terrorist in Afrin is neutralized .

Turkish side has 20 casualties (rest in peace) and killed 400 terrorist so far.

Maybe you should consider joining the hunt, sir?

Deleted
    Well theres 2 Turkish posters who support Al Qaeda.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2018-01-27 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerul View Post
    Turkish side has 20 casualties (rest in peace) and killed 400 terrorist so far.

Maybe you should consider joining the hunt, sir?

You anti-kurd Turks are always so fun, you guys got tired of denying the Armenian genocide?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You anti-kurd Turks are always so fun, you guys got tired of denying the Armenian genocide?
    Either you did not read my posts or you lack the ability to understand what you just read, if you think i am an anti-Kurd Turk.

I am not even a Turk, i am a Circassian living in Turkey since i was born.
    Last edited by Azerul; 2018-01-27 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Either you did not read my posts or you lack the ability to understand what you just read, if you think i am an anti-Kurd Turk.

Eh, close enough.

So still a victim of Turkish state propagander that presents Turkey as the innocent great country and everything around them hates them for no reason. Ignoring the state mistreatment of Kurds, Greeks, Armenians, and other minorities that have lived in the Turkish state before and after Ataturk changed it from oppressive empire to somewhat oppresive republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So still a victim of Turkish state propagander that presents Turkey as the innocent great country and everything around them hates them for no reason. Ignoring the state mistreatment of Kurds, Greeks, Armenians, and other minorities that have lived in the Turkish state before and after Ataturk changed it from oppressive empire to somewhat oppresive republic.
    It seems people in this topic like to dream up things and believe that it's the truth, huh.

Stop dreaming up things in your mind and trying to stick it on me, as I have more kurdish friends then the amount of kurdish guy/girl most of you ever met, and i do not even feel anything about them being a kurd. I don't even care about anyones ethnicities ffs.

I just hate some people who bomb my city, explode trucks filled filled with explosives IN CITY CENTRES FULL OF CIVILIANS, i just hate them.

I hope for all those who support that kind of actions be the victiom of one and then continue supporting it, well, maybe in afterlife.

So with the rest of you, we can live in peace.
    Last edited by Azerul; 2018-01-27 at 07:51 PM.

@Azerul, you can't convince certain people here. Just like comars in Turkey, we have comars in West too, incapable of critically thinking and repeating same nonsensical shit again and again. Best thing is simply avoiding a discussion. I'll fix misinformation in this thread, and that's about it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well theres 2 Turkish posters who support Al Qaeda.
    Well Turkey allegedly pondered supporting Isis (or even supported Isis early on) so this is a step up

Again, why is Turkey in NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Well Turkey allegedly pondered supporting Isis (or even supported Isis early on) so this is a step up

Again, why is Turkey in NATO?
    Presumably to help with the Soviet encirclement strategy, not that they're really contributing much on that front, becoming buddies with Putin and all that.

Turkey has been fighting PKK since early 70s. It's not an Erdogan thing.
    Where did I mention PKK?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Ignoring the state mistreatment of Kurds.
    My cousin just got a married to a kurdish guy. She and him work together as doctor assistants in a private hospital. THey had a wonderful wedding with tons of people from both sides.

I have/had kurdish students, friends, teachers, professors, neighbors, my own uncle and many others and you talk about mistreatment of kurds. right. By giving a turkish girl to a kurdish guy, we definitely mistreated him. really he could find a better one I think.

Fuck sake.