Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    First famous person I recall ever meeting was Chuck Norris. Took me a second to realize who I was looking at and my first thought was "Holy Fu** he is short" This was late 80's in a sub shop I worked at as a kid in South Florida right before you enter the Florida Keys. Also before they were big and changed their name I met Marilyn Manson and the spooky kids at a south florida club that was called the Junkyard.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do not worship idols. They don't serve you. Fight for the right to be you.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Christopher Paolini.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Steve Davis - Snooker Player.
    Roy Wood - Lead Guitarist of Wizzard.
    James Cosmo - Was Jeor Mormont on Game of Thrones.
    Dean Watton - Renly Dwarf in the game of thrones episode Lion and the Rose, we have mutual friends.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I met a few minor local celebrities most people here would never have heard off so i guess the most famous person i 'met' would be the queen and i shook her hand in a crowd when she came to visit my local area back when i was living in England.

Though this is true my grandparents was quite friendly and used to drink in the same pub with Ozzy Osbourne parents in Birmingham.

Deleted
    Rutger Hauer last year. I was a security officer working backstage at a concert. I had to go outside because my boss told me that some suspicious people were outside. I went and when they saw me they left. Then a guy came walking to me. He looked a bit familiar. He asked me if he could enter and meet the artists and told he was Rutger Hauer. Of course i didnt let him just enter but i called one of the crew members and they arranged something.

Have to say Rutger Hauer is really cool. He is pretty old but the guy has a presence..... its hard to describe.

Of course i meet alot of famous people, artists with my job but Rutger Hauer was incredibly cool and charismatic.

I met James Doohan when I was 9 or so. He was drunk off his ass at a local convention, but he was a pretty awesome guy... albeit very loudly, drunkenly bitter that people only knew him as Scotty.

First famous person I ever knowlingly met was Richard Dean Anderson

Kate and Wills. They were both both bland and he smelled awful.

I've met many musicians over the years, but no one really outside of music.

Most notable meetings*:
    - Hung out in Chevelle's dressing room and got to talk to them for a while. They are my favorite band so that was exciting. Got to talk to the bass player for a while about how they pick sets and changes he'd make. Also talked to him about the art he does. He seemed excited to have someone bring that up instead of the usual music talk.
    - Hung out in Sevendust's dressing room (my second favorite band) and had a nice long talk with their drummer, Morgan Rose. Got to talk to all the guys to some extent and they are the absolutely biggest sweethearts in music. I have never met more humble, down to Earth people. Made everyone in the room feel like close friends.

Honorable mention: Lacuna Coil. Never got a ton of hangout time with them, but every time I've talked to them, they were also giant sweethearts.

*Notable to me, not indicative of fame level

My sister became friends with Emma Watson whilst my sister was studying at Oxford Uni , no idea how they actually met but I've met her a few times through her. She was the first one I met.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I think Christopher Paolini.
    I'd feel bad if that was the first famous person I met.

I don't think heavy metal accounts for a grade deal of fame worldwide, but members of some touring bands might be the only famous people I've met.
    Oh, and some national news anchors when I appeared in national tv.

Worked as a chef at a small place that Sony Denmark liked to take there visitors to .... *met* a fair few the 2 years i worked there.

met a lot of *famous* danish people ... actors and music people it was a small place and we ( the chefs ) did always go to the tables before the main dish to have a chat about the food.

First real famous would be Janet Jackson with a small party there ( dancers manager and some music people ) '

but there was many other less famous the most fun was a danish rock band named D.A.D. the did come to eat after a concert in Tivoli ( amusement park in Copenhagen ) the band itself was very chill.

Actually never had any issues with *difficult* famous people there ... all was very chill.

Edit : Note this was back in 1998/99

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Frodo himself, Elijah Wood. Stepped on his foot in LAX and realized who it was. Interesting ice breaker.
    Well I hear he is a tiny dude, hobbit jokes aside. You were never in any danger lol.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Met Prince Chuck some time in the early to mid' 1970's, but don't really count him.

Met Johnny Ball in late 1970's to very early '80's.

Bam Bam Bigelow was a member of my parents fishing club growing up. Coolest guy ever to a little 5-10 year old kid.
    Laurence Taylor at Phoenix International, he was a dick to my GrandMa, seriously who is a dick to a grandmother?
    Charles Barkley, he was not a dick, actually a really nice guy.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson at Hayden Planetarium.
    Couple of musicians.

Never got autographs from any one, I just liked to say hi and tell them I appreciate what they do. Even when I was young, except to LT, I went over to that dude when I was like 6, holding my grandma's hand because I was nervous, and I just wanted to say I like watching him hurt people. Literally what I was going to say, my grandma was saying I should get him to sign something, but I didn't like doing that, I just wanted to tell him he should hit QBs harder. This guy before I even open my mouth, looks dead in my grandma's face and tells her autographs are $40 (in ~1990) and she said that wasn't why I wanted to come over, then he said some other nonsense about no pictures, like bro get over yourself. I only recognized who he was, no one else did, no one was coming up to this guy.

The most famous person I ever met was a Joan Rivers impersonator.

10+ Year Old Account
    First Famous person I ever met was Prince or Ice Cube, Ice Cube if having more than a few words counts.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bob Hope and Jack Nicklaus at a Golf charity event at the Columbus Country club. Many years ago when I use to play a lot of golf. Was just a spectator there and they both came up with-in hands reach and Jack took my program card out of my hand and signed it. I did not even ask him to. Still have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've met Kate Beckinsale and Jenna Haze at two different events.