Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Nightbourne gets flat magic damage increase and reduction. With an aoe ability.

Void Elves get a teleport

Highmountain tauren get a knock down and flat DR making it possibly the strongest tanking race.

Why are they doing this? After the nerf to the likes of humans perception or will of the forsaken on undead. Do they really want people race changing this much?
    Ye, cus Goblins don't have about the same shit anyway

A bounce-forward + a ST rocket + portable bank. All in one. The bounce is so much more useful because you can cast while on the jump and in combination with things like Disengage you can quite increase the distance you travel and you have very nice maneuvering. ST rocket is much better than an AoE because it probably does more damage when balanced out (and the numbers have to be balanced out, otherwise its just stupid). So yeah.... Idk what you are complaining about. At the very least, the new races look cool. Goblins are the ugliest race out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
    To get people to pay for race changes.
    Yeah, clearly race changes were what they had in mind when they decided 'lets reward people for actually playing and leveling these new races'.

Clearly.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Another question is why are the Lightforged racials so garbage compared to other allied races or even most of the current races?

I posted this already in another thread, but might as well post it here again.

The complaints I've seen to the blood elf racials are completely valid, stacking a race shouldn't be a thing and it's a bit too powerful. Races should only be for looks and some fun things like undead being able to breathe under water indefinitely. That doesn't affect your performance in any way, those things are fine and are just fun flavour stuff. However, what surprises me the most here is that I've not seen many complaints about new void elf racials. In comparison to even the blood elf racials, they are honestly fucking absurd in power levels for just picking a race. I will be slightly shocked if this doesn't get changed. In general I am fine with very slight performance increases, but I don't consider these slight, they are full of utility and DPS, arguably even moreso than the blood elf racials.

"Spatial Rift: Tear a rift in space. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift. 40 yd range. 2 min cooldown."
    "Spatial Rift: Rip a hole in space and time, transporting you to the targeted location. 100 yd range." This is literally a race specific portal, like the demonic portal that warlocks (used to?) have, how is this not unbalanced for PVP and incredibly useful for PVE?
    "Entropic Embrace: Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void." A literal 5% flat damage and healing increase for six seconds, that's not a small buff for a RACIAL. How is this not OP for both PVE and PVP if you compare it to other existing races?
    "Preternatural Calm: Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage." This is mostly good for PVP but also has some use in PVE, I suppose. It's still slightly absurd that this is added on top of the other two racials and that picking one race will allow your casts to not get delayed by damage.

I just think this is really, really hypocritical after saying "We want racials to be weaker and matter less" then release allied races with steroid level racials.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Blizzard drones will tell you it isn't a cash grab because "OMG HERITAGE ARMOR!", but the truth is nobody who isn't an OCD completionist gives a damn about some random cosmetic appearances.

So yes, it's all about the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah, clearly race changes were what they had in mind when they decided 'lets reward people for actually playing and leveling these new races'.

Clearly.

Looks like we found one. Genius move from blizz. Make millions from race changes and just spend a bit of time in the art department doing the heritage armor so people like mirishka eat it up

Oh boy, you're telling me that the beta racials are going to be the live racials?

Now I'm excited for BfA. /s
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Lithostrotos View Post
    I posted this already in another thread, but might as well post it here again.

The complaints I've seen to the blood elf racials are completely valid, stacking a race shouldn't be a thing and it's a bit too powerful. Races should only be for looks and some fun things like undead being able to breathe under water indefinitely. That doesn't affect your performance in any way, those things are fine and are just fun flavour stuff. However, what surprises me the most here is that I've not seen many complaints about new void elf racials. In comparison to even the blood elf racials, they are honestly fucking absurd in power levels for just picking a race. I will be slightly shocked if this doesn't get changed. In general I am fine with very slight performance increases, but I don't consider these slight, they are full of utility and DPS, arguably even moreso than the blood elf racials.

"Spatial Rift: Tear a rift in space. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift. 40 yd range. 2 min cooldown."
    "Spatial Rift: Rip a hole in space and time, transporting you to the targeted location. 100 yd range." This is literally a race specific portal, like the demonic portal that warlocks (used to?) have, how is this not unbalanced for PVP and incredibly useful for PVE?
    "Entropic Embrace: Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void." A literal 5% flat damage and healing increase for six seconds, that's not a small buff for a RACIAL. How is this not OP for both PVE and PVP if you compare it to other existing races?
    "Preternatural Calm: Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage." This is mostly good for PVP but also has some use in PVE, I suppose. It's still slightly absurd that this is added on top of the other two racials and that picking one race will allow your casts to not get delayed by damage.

I just think this is really, really hypocritical after saying "We want racials to be weaker and matter less" then release allied races with steroid level racials.
    Yep, the void elf racials are on crack. Plus add to that its one of the best looking races with unique armor as well

Looks like we found one. Genius move from blizz. Make millions from race changes and just spend a bit of time in the art department doing the heritage armor so people like mirishka eat it up
    Why did they stop at DKs and DHs?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Do you honestly have proof that this isn't part of it? Some of these racials are ridiculous compared to the old ones. They nerfed arcane torrent to make it not work on player characters. Then they introduce a race on the same faction that has a racial that deals damage and SNARES for 20 seconds. That is definitely part of it. People who min-max in both pvp and pve will immediately see the benefits and race change to these races.
    "They nerfed arcane torrent to make it not work on player characters." Um no they didn't. They just nerfed the Cooldown, it still works on enemy players

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why did they stop at DKs and DHs?
    Because of lore/hero class reasons? You can fleece a sheep as much as you like but you can only skin it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Another question is why are the Lightforged racials so garbage compared to other allied races or even most of the current races?
    This. What the heck happened? I was all excited to make a Lightforged and then their racials are Flamestrike, Explode When You Die, and blacksmithing. Whaaa?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Yep, the void elf racials are on crack. Plus add to that its one of the best looking races with unique armor as well
    Not only are they on crack, they shit on all other racials, including the ones from other allied races. That said, I don't expect(At least I hope) they make it to live this way. The one that makes me legitimately annoyed is the damage increase. Utility for a race... is okay, but an actual performance increase, one that is not needed at all to make the race feel special, is just so dumb in all ways. Just add the look of the effect or something being able to proc in combat, it doesn't need to be a strict performance increase(same with orcs or trolls or whatever, even if those likely are a lot weaker than the void elf racial, but I don't have numbers so I can't say for sure).

Blizzard drones will tell you it isn't a cash grab because "OMG HERITAGE ARMOR!", but the truth is nobody who isn't an OCD completionist gives a damn about some random cosmetic appearances.

Here's a thought, maybe don't race change. Maybe, just maybe people could level a new toon. Blizzard gives options other than the one that makes them money. Now, I'm not saying people making that comment are wrong. Blizzard does try to make money after all, and with people usually taking the path of least resistance that means race changes. That doesn't mean that people have to do that and can easily decide to go the route that doesn't give Blizzard cash.

Because of lore/hero class reasons? You can fleece a sheep as much as you like but you can only skin it once.
    It's their lore and their classes. They'll be making millions and millions, why stop there? People just eat it up and every allied race has their scenarios, so not like any work isn't done there.

I mean if it was up to me and I'm planning the cash grab of the century here, I'd go the extra mile. If you wouldn't then you're better person than me I guess.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still Alpha, alot can happen, ALOT

Quote Originally Posted by Lithostrotos View Post
    Not only are they on crack, they shit on all other racials, including the ones from other allied races. That said, I don't expect(At least I hope) they make it to live this way. The one that makes me legitimately annoyed is the damage increase. Utility for a race... is okay, but an actual performance increase, one that is not needed at all to make the race feel special, is just so dumb in all ways. Just add the look of the effect or something being able to proc in combat, it doesn't need to be a strict performance increase(same with orcs or trolls or whatever, even if those likely are a lot weaker than the void elf racial, but I don't have numbers so I can't say for sure).
    What races don't have a damage increase in some way? Hell, 1 of the most powerful racials are already in the game. The 1% crit from BE's, 1% crit from Worgen, 1% haste from Goblins, etc are actually also really good. Keep in mind, a lot of classes/specs want more secondary stats than the other. To put it into perspective, unless you're a spec that values versatility over every other secondary stat, then a 1% damage increase is not as strong as other racials in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Here's a thought, maybe don't race change. Maybe, just maybe people could level a new toon. Blizzard gives options other than the one that makes them money. Now, I'm not saying people making that comment are wrong. Blizzard does try to make money after all, and with people usually taking the path of least resistance that means race changes. That doesn't mean that people have to do that and can easily decide to go the route that doesn't give Blizzard cash.
    Yes people can just not buy the race change. It is the customers decision. Its just bullshit how blizzard are inconsistent with these things. They nerfed a lot of popular/powerful traits for races because they wanted people picking the race they want to play rather than min/maxing.

Now they release mega OP performance enhancing racials that min/maxers will have to get or they will feel inferior. Its manipulating the psychology of their player base which is unethical IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It's their lore and their classes. They'll be making millions and millions, why stop there? People just eat it up and every allied race has their scenarios, so not like any work isn't done there.

I mean if it was up to me and I'm planning the cash grab of the century here, I'd go the extra mile. If you wouldn't then you're better person than me I guess.
    You make more money being sneaky, rather than front loading the obvious and turning people off imo. DH/DK would have been a bridge too far for the lore nerds, plus those classes are a tiny minority compared to druid/hunter/mage etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so you just want an echo chamber. Gotcha.

Thread is going nowhere, inc lock

I mean they are a company who's goal is to make a profit. Why is it so hard to understand this for people. Of course they make new content to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What races don't have a damage increase in some way? Hell, 1 of the most powerful racials are already in the game. The 1% crit from BE's, 1% crit from Worgen, 1% haste from Goblins, etc are actually also really good. Keep in mind, a lot of classes/specs want more secondary stats than the other. To put it into perspective, unless you're a spec that values versatility over every other secondary stat, then a 1% damage increase is not as strong as other racials in game.
    Yes, and I'd prefer none of them have any damage increases at all. I don't hold this opinion exclusive to void elves. I think races should be purely for looks and fun quirks and it should end there. I still think that void elves have a way bigger power package with a teleport, a damage/healing increase and any damage not interrupting spellcasts.