Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Horde Battle for Azeroth then what, out of ideas

When I first started playing in classic wow there was so much we could see coming in the future, the Lich king obviously, Illidan was still out there somewhere, Deathwing was missing as well I believe, the legion was obviously a threat that would need to be defeated one day as we eveanutlly would get to meet the titans as we came to argus and defeat them. Oh and the Emerald Nightmare was obviously going to get a raid evenutally as well, also lots of people have being expecting a Kul'tiras and Zandalar Expansion for a long time.

So my point is there was a time when it was nearly obvious what expansions would come, it wasn't obvious when but that they would come at some point there were plenty of themes in the game that had being started but not explored to their potentinal, the breadcrumbs had being left around but these days I struggle to think what will come next we've killed so many legendery figures and ended so many storylines from the early days that took so long to end.

My only ideas are literally another Void Lord Expansion to follow the bread crumbs this expansion will leave with old gods influencing the War. MAYBE a bolvar the lich king expansion, so two POSSIBLE ideas. In classic wow there were so many obvious things to follow but now? so much lore has being used up. Any ideas folks!

TLDR: It feels like wow is running out of the plotlines that classic launched with, Void lords and Bolvar the lich king are the only two hypothetical threats I can think of when classic had lots of hypothetical threats left understandably.

UPDATE: Obviously they can come up with new storylines! I never said wow was dying or any shit like that! I am just saying they will be less predictable now! That's it, that's all! Most had roots in warcraft 3 and classic wow and that is looking less possible now, so we'll get more unpredictable expansions and possibly utterly new storylines never seen before in any shape or form and I wonder what!
    Last edited by Grokresh; 2018-01-30 at 10:10 AM.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's see...

Void Lords/Old Gods
    Lich King Redux
    Fighting the Light
    The Rise of (New villains who were members of the A or H)
    The Godswar (Loa and Wild Gods and stuff go at each other)
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highlords of Lordaeron time-travel expansion.

I'm sure they will come up with something, heck we could have new continent rise, or some warlocks open a portal to a whole other world to explore. Maybe we go back to Dreanor and explore that southern continent with ogre's. Maybe the War lasts 2-3 expansions and blizzard slowly revamps all of Azeroth to the world after the war. We still have dragon isle, plunder isle, undermine, that banana island. There is plenty of places left to explore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Highlords of Lordaeron time-travel expansion.
    Oo. I'd actually like that one.

Alternate-Timeline-Azeroth fighting the Scourge would be awesome! A reality in which the Legion was somehow warned about what was coming by, say, the bloated soul of Ner'zhul from alternate-timeline-Draenor?

7+ Year Old Account
    they literally made an entire expansion out of an old WC3 joke, and you think not a single blizz dev cant come up with some random concept?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    We still have dragon isle, plunder isle, undermine, that banana island. There is plenty of places left to explore.
    Didn't they datamine a map called "PlunderIsle"? Also I'll riot if we don't get to see Tel'Abim in BFA. I still believe!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria has proven there is a lot of potential for completely new story lines and enemies so I don't see the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    A reality in which the Legion was somehow warned about what was coming by, say, the bloated soul of Ner'zhul from alternate-timeline-Draenor?
    Hmm... or Bolvar.

People are still speculating whether a part of Ner'zhul is still inside him, or intertwined with his being somehow, pulling the strings all along.

Deleted
    There are professional writers at blizzard, surely they can keep expanding their universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    There are professional writers at blizzard, surely they can keep expanding their universe.
    Exactly. They did it before with Warcraft. Started from nothing and built up an entire world. Sure, WoW relied a lot on the storylines set up by Warcraft but back then they had to start with a blank sheet of paper. It's not like they have to keep relying on existing lore forever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... or Bolvar.

People are still speculating whether a part of Ner'zhul is still inside him, or intertwined with his being somehow, pulling the strings all along.
    Oh, no... I want Bolvar to be the threat in the FOLLOWING expansion.

We go back in time to WC3's events, fight and battle alongside Lordaeron and save Silvermoon... but somehow the influence of the Alternate-Timeline Ner'zhul-spirit messes with Current-Timeline Bolvar and whole messes of shit go sideways in -our- world.

Oh motherfuck that would be a great SINGLE expansion.

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Scourge.

We find out time is being altered, and have to fix things before shit goes tits up, help the Bronze Dragonflight detangle the timelines and keep them separate, fight against the alternate Legion and alternate Scourge, save Lordaeron and keep Arthas from making it to Silvermoon (thus saving the Sunwell and ensuring Kel'thuzad can't be resurrected in the alternate reality, or at least not by -that- method).

Patch X.1 sees us succeed at stopping things and X.2 shows the alternate-reality Ner'zhul's essence mingling with modern-day Bolvar and fuck him over, and we have to fight him and the modern Scourge resurgent...

That would be a nice twist! We go in thinking "Rise of the Scourge" refers to the alternate timeline, but it -really- means the return of the Lich King and shit...

I'd buy it.

i want more space travel. i will always want more space travel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    When I first started playing in classic wow there was so much we could see coming in the future, the Lich king obviously, Illidan was still out there somewhere, Deathwing was missing as well I believe, the legion was obviously a threat that would need to be defeated one day as we eveanutlly would get to meet the titans as we came to argus and defeat them. Oh and the Emerald Nightmare was obviously going to get a raid evenutally as well, also lots of people have being expecting a Kul'tiras and Zandalar Expansion for a long time.

So my point is there was a time when it was nearly obvious what expansions would come, it wasn't obvious when but that they would come at some point there were plenty of themes in the game that had being started but not explored to their potentinal, the breadcrumbs had being left around but these days I struggle to think what will come next we've killed so many legendery figures and ended so many storylines from the early days that took so long to end.

My only ideas are literally another Void Lord Expansion to follow the bread crumbs this expansion will leave with old gods influencing the War. MAYBE a bolvar the lich king expansion, so two POSSIBLE ideas. In classic wow there were so many obvious things to follow but now? so much lore has being used up. Any ideas folks!

TLDR: It feels like wow is running out of the plotlines that classic launched with, Void lords and Bolvar the lich king are the only two hypothetical threats I can think of when classic had lots of hypothetical threats left understandably.
    There was loads of established lore back in Vanilla, which made everything new, interesting and mysterious.
    At this point they are far beyond WC3, but I don't think it's unreasonable for them to make up new lore we haven't heard of people.

I hope to get a fully realised Kezan expansion at some point, could introduce tinkers and have all kinds of fun goblin shenanigans.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    There was loads of established lore back in Vanilla, which made everything new, interesting and mysterious.
    At this point they are far beyond WC3, but I don't think it's unreasonable for them to make up new lore we haven't heard of people.
    Like the Void Elves.

Didn't they datamine a map called "PlunderIsle"? Also I'll go bananas if we don't get to see Tel'Abim in BFA. I still believe!
    FTFY. /10char

Threats can come from anywhere. There's the Ethereal Shadowguard that we know of. But there's also thousands of planets that can have anything happen. Any portal can be opened to these planets and Azeroth be attacked by the inhabitants of it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

"another void Lord expansion" did I miss an expansion we've never fought the void outside of tiny pockets , nothing I have seen of BFA says it will be a "void lord" expansion. We'll see the void at the end like we did with the legion in WOD.

The Void Ethereals are still a huge plot thread left open, they could represent a Legion-level threat in the future. Especially now that we know that they are capable of transforming other races into Ethereals. It could be a next step for the Twilight Hammer, transcending to Void and all.

Of course we could revisit Northrend and deal with the Scourge if ever Bolvar goes bad. Yogg-Saron could make a comeback then, too. He's had plenty of time to recuperate from his lobotomy.