Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's pretty handy for running around the Vindicar though. Trailblazer is generally more useful for world content since disengage is never used in world content, whereas there are more places than you think where you can't mount up.
    I use disengage with Posthaste in world content all the time to run faster and I guess so do most hunters.
    Since I mainly play my hunter, it happens way too often on other specs that I jump, turn my camera by 180° and then use my mobility spell -.-

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    I use disengage with Posthaste in world content all the time to run faster and I guess so do most hunters.
    Since I mainly play my hunter, it happens way too often on other specs that I jump, turn my camera by 180° and then use my mobility spell -.-
    Sure you can do that if you want. It's still much slower on average than running 30% faster all the time, due to the cooldown on disengage. Likewise you can avoid ever being dazed off your mount by jumping and turning to face a mob every time you get aggro. But most people just wear Prydaz out in the world, because who can be bothered doing that all the time?

You're really super placing too much importance on this talent tree. Posthaste is ok but it's hardly the be all and end all of talents. If you use disengage properly you rarely need to move after you land. It's not like you lose disengage by choosing this talent.

And as BM it really makes no difference whatsoever since you don't even need to use disengage for most mechanics since you can just run while doing your rotation. Just randomly took a look at the #1 ranked BM for mythic Argus and he cast disengage a total of 1 time in an 11 minute fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=118922

Some hunters choosing trailblazer for the convenience factor outside of raids is such a non-issue it's really hard to believe that anyone could get worked up over it.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-01-29 at 09:51 AM.

Sure you can do that if you want. It's still much slower on average than running 30% faster all the time, due to the cooldown on disengage. Likewise you can avoid ever being dazed off your mount by jumping and turning to face a mob every time you get aggro. But most people just wear Prydaz out in the world, because who can be bothered doing that all the time?

You're really super placing too much importance on this talent tree. Posthaste is ok but it's hardly the be all and end all of talents. If you use disengage properly you rarely need to move after you land. It's not like you lose disengage by choosing this talent.

And as BM it really makes no difference whatsoever since you don't even need to use disengage for most mechanics since you can just run while doing your rotation. Just randomly took a look at the #1 ranked BM for mythic Argus and he cast disengage a total of 1 time in an 11 minute fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=118922

Some hunters choosing trailblazer for the convenience factor outside of raids is such a non-issue it's really hard to believe that anyone could get worked up over it.
    yeah, but disengage removes roots, slow debuffs too, its quite usefull in some M+, and in PvP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodvampire View Post
    yeah, but disengage removes roots, slow debuffs too, its quite usefull in some M+, and in PvP too.
    Trailblazer doesn't replace disengage though. It only replaces the speed buff you get after casting it.

Trailblazer doesn't replace disengage though. It only replaces the speed buff you get after casting it.
    Yes, but taking Trailvlazer also gets rid of the snare/slow removal from not taking Posthaste. The only time I can ever see trailblazer beating posthaste is running back after a wipe. Between cheetah, posthaste, and any racial you might have, you are pretty much going to make it where you need to go in the same time with either talent.
    Honestly, you can play what you like, but personal preference Posthaste will always beat out Trailblazer. It has no use in any kind of actual encounter, whether m+ or raid, and almost all indoor world content is so small that posthaste and cheetah are almost equal in time saving as Trailblazer. All outdoor content, you'll just kill>mount>move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It has no use in any kind of actual encounter, whether m+ or raid.
    I know it's nitpicky, but actually there is one: On Imonar it's the best movement talent to take, since you can't attack during the bridge phase anyway and can't really use disengage cause you would most likely die or wipe the raid by doing so.

I know it's nitpicky, but actually there is one: On Imonar it's the best movement talent to take, since you can't attack during the bridge phase anyway and can't really use disengage cause you would most likely die or wipe the raid by doing so.
    True If you don't master desengage yet

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    True If you don't master desengage yet
    I don't think that it's ever advisable to use disengage on the bridge on mythic, even if you mastered it, since there is so little space in general. Trailblazer on the other hand can help you stay with your group and/or dodge the boulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Honestly, you can play what you like, but personal preference Posthaste will always beat out Trailblazer.
    That's fair enough. That's a bit different than the original post though which said "omg if you take trailblazer you're the biggest moron who ever lived and give all hunters a bad name". People take trailblazer for convenience in world content. I think most are aware it doesn't do much in a raid setting. I mostly take trailblazer because it's handy for running around the Vindicaar where you can't mount. Obviously I don't take it when doing serious raid content.

Camouflage is in the same situation. Some people here need to realise that not every player is raiding or doing M+ 24/7.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-01-30 at 12:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why all the fuss about a movement talent? It's not really a super big deal right?? What do you think about the (new) more dps affection ones?

Curious about the balancing of the level 30 and 90 talents. They are all AoE focused, but some look like they could be a ST gain.
    Might even end up using Multishot on ST if we take Volley and Bombardier.
    Just hope that they change explosive shot to be on target or at least explode on collision, so I won't end up double tapping it for no dmg at all since I am used to spam my buttons.

I don't think that it's ever advisable to use disengage on the bridge on mythic, even if you mastered it, since there is so little space in general. Trailblazer on the other hand can help you stay with your group and/or dodge the boulders.
    Making it over the bridge isn't really a concern. Neither talent help much, if at all; however, post haste definitely works out better on platform 2 when you get charge blast. Crossing the bridge it could help for dodging orbs as they path over, but again it's so rare for them being an issue that I don't see TB worth taking over the benefits posthaste brings on the 2nd platform.

I use Trailblazer on my hunter that primarily just crafts. Gotta run between the bank and that mailbox faster because I am lazy. I am a bit salty about losing it in old raids, though, since we don't have old cheetah anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Why all the fuss about a movement talent? It's not really a super big deal right?? What do you think about the (new) more dps affection ones?
    The fuss is about nothing. The whole discussion moved way past the point that was originally touched upon.

Someone called people picking Trailblazer to be the sign of a "bad hunter" and I replied that there are a few specific cases where Trailblazer can be a decent alternative to Posthaste.

Then people started arguing that Trailblazer sucks. Well of course it sucks, that was not the point in question. The point in question was that in specific situations it can be used (be it specific questing; old raids; very specific encounters) and the entire row is a preference choice mostly anyway.

Everyone knows that Posthaste is far superior and in 99.9% of the cases people should just be using post haste. There is hardly ever a situation where a 60% speed buff for 5 seconds is insufficient; and even if you have to run further thing of the following:

Assuming you're doing a sprint race between Posthaste and Trailblazer; both use disengage (so the distance gained from that is negligible) and Trailblazer doesn't get the bonus until 3 seconds into the race. Posthaste is 160% speed for 5 seconds and then 100% speed. Trailblazer is 100% speed for 3 seconds and then 130% speed.

If that above is the case than Trailblazer will overtake Posthaste at the 13 second mark.

Anything that requires a speed boost is generally covered within those 13 seconds. And if not, you can often mount.
    Exceptions are mentioned:
    - Death runs (wouldn't talent for that but whatever)
    - Old raid runs (especially if you can skip parts)
    - Imonar bridge perhaps, as the run across is probably longer than 13 seconds and disengage is tricky.

Fact is though that Trailblazer is generally just a poor choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    I use Trailblazer on my hunter that primarily just crafts. Gotta run between the bank and that mailbox faster because I am lazy. I am a bit salty about losing it in old raids, though, since we don't have old cheetah anymore.
    Depends a bit how far the bank, AH and mailbox are away and how long you stand still.
    Assuming Trailblazer buff is always on; it's only faster than posthaste disengage if you have to run for more than 10 seconds. If you do, you might as well mount.
    So Trailblazer in those cases also is quite limited.

Again though, its totally a preference call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Assuming Trailblazer buff is always on; it's only faster than posthaste disengage if you have to run for more than 10 seconds. If you do, you might as well mount.
    So Trailblazer in those cases also is quite limited.
    You're also assuming people want to jump turn/disengage any time they want to run somewhere Ain't nobody got time for that.

Posthaste doesn't do anything if you're too lazy for that, which most people are.

You're also assuming people want to jump turn/disengage any time they want to run somewhere Ain't nobody got time for that.

Posthaste doesn't do anything if you're too lazy for that, which most people are.
    Yeah, if I'm being lazy with dealing with crafting stuff, I just want to run, I don't want to have to worry about angles and stairs and all that. I admit it's just laziness though. My crafter will survive. Makes me think I ought to be better about my Invincible farms though and get that done before BfA. So many long hallways...

Playing hunter for nearly 12 years now it's almost second nature. It's annoying when I play on a mage alt and I do a 180 and blink the wrong way... massive facepalm ensues

Very excited about the MM changes, it looks alot better. Fking Vunerable, so glad its gone.

Currently speculating on Hunter, Warrior or Mage. We'll see

With MM regaining most of its mobility and survival having 100% mobility during its main cooldown, BM HAS to do competitive damage. There can be no compromises. Competitive BM damage in BfA or vote with your wallets. We are tired of being hot shit for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    With MM regaining most of its mobility and survival having 100% mobility during its main cooldown, BM HAS to do competitive damage. There can be no compromises. Competitive BM damage in BfA or vote with your wallets. We are tired of being hot shit for over a year now.
    The thing is it won't be nearly as big a deal in BFA.

The reason it sucks this expansion is because of AP grinding and spec specific legendaries. In any other expansion, people just respecced when their spec got nerfed. It's been a lot more difficult to do that this time around.

I am stuck with the situation of going MM for AOE fights and BM for ST because I don't have the good MM legendaries yet (snowshoes). But even without them I sim 65% higher as MM on 4 targets than I do as BM.