Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Elon Musk has now sold over $4 million worth of flamethrowers

Elon Musk has sold over $4 million worth of flamethrowers. The Boring Company is selling one flamethrower for $500 (plus tax), and Musk has been tweeting milestones as they’ve hit.

Musk sold 1,000 units in the first three hours between the night of January 27th and the early hours of the 28th, according to his tweets. He sold another 2,000 during the day, with that number reaching 7,000 early this morning. At the rate they’re selling, it’s safe to assume Musk has cleared the $4 million mark (or 8,000 flamethrowers). Musk is selling a total of 20,000 flamethrowers.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/29/1...boring-company

Huh? What?

I like Elon Musk, the guy is an innovator. However, when it comes to his mass-produced items, he has a serious problem with actual delivery of such items.

Also, I would not want to be friends with anyone who doesn't want to own a flamethrower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would've known that the market needed a streamlined flamethrower.. THE FUCK!?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ol' Musky's cool and all, and I love what he's doing with his companies, but seriously, how is someone that brilliant going to call that a flamethrower? It doesn't throw anything, its an oversized, rifle shaped brulee torch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Who would've known that the market needed a streamlined flamethrower.. THE FUCK!?
    Be useful at the weekend barbecue.. Barbecue in style..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Be useful at the weekend barbecue.. Barbecue in style..
    Tried BBQ with a flamethrower, makes a bad taste. Rather do it like this.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I didn't even know it was legal to own a flamethrower... anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Why wouldn't it? It's the perfect self defense weapon. Ideal for owners of bookstores, liquor stores and gas stations. You might need a concealed carry license, but that's nothing a large poncho can't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post

Deleted
    elon musk making a profit without cronyism?

I guess all Bond Villians start out somehow!

Like seriously who is buying flame throwers like that? I hope he's not just selling it to any dope with a credit card.

Love the design. Looks like some Mass Effect gear.

that's not a flame thrower, it's a really big welding torch.

yes, it blows flames out of the nozzle, but it's not even close to working like a real flame thrower.

to my knowledge, the legality is on a state basis. texas? you can probably own a real flame thrower. more normal states, you can probably own musk's.

actually, i take that back. it's not even that big of an oxyacetalene torch.

hydraulic press guy has one that works exactly like it, albeit much less pretty in design.

Well, duh, it sells like candy! How else are you supposed to torch a lab full of alien chimeras?

Deleted
    Yeaaah, I'm not sure this video wont cause some pretty big claims in court at some point.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Tried BBQ with a flamethrower, makes a bad taste. Rather do it like this.
    Now that is what I call a BBQ..

Trolling the 2nd

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Yeaaah, I'm not sure this video wont cause some pretty big claims in court at some point.

Nah that is just an over blown cigarette lighter.. This is a full on proper flamethrower..

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is not a real flame thrower. More like a large, impractical butane lighter. I guess if people have money to waste, their money. :P