Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The window is July 1-Sept 21 for those wondering. July 1 being the first day of Q3.

Also, we'll be getting a quarterly report within the next week.

Many here may not care about such things, but knowledge of financial quarters can lead to better speculation of release dates, etc.

Are all allied races available or are some of them (in particular Zandalari) locked until BFA release?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Are all allied races available or are some of them (in particular Zandalari) locked until BFA release?
    First 4 are live. Zandalari and Dark Iron are 8.0 content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    First 4 are live. Zandalari and Dark Iron are 8.0 content.
    Appreciate the clarification, thanks! A shame though

We had any word on what happens if for example, I preorder now for the Races then buy a Physical CE later?

Quote Originally Posted by JestersShadow View Post
    We had any word on what happens if for example, I preorder now for the Races then buy a Physical CE later?
    You put in a support ticket, they give you a Standard key. Been like that for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You put in a support ticket, they give you a Standard key. Been like that for ages.

Wait so you cant get a ful refund or Blizz credit or something?

Quote Originally Posted by JestersShadow View Post
    Wait so you cant get a ful refund or Blizz credit or something?
    I "believe" they used to, but hasn't been like that since at least Legion: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20419283368

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Droughts are usually "measured" from last content patch to expansion release. And that's in fact 12 months (Aug '17 -> Aug '18).

12 months is the average drought so everything is "fine" when it comes to that.
    Except it isn't "fine" because it burns out the playerbase lol. So not really "fine" at all. Also September 21st is also subject to change if something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I "believe" they used to, but hasn't been like that since at least Legion: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20419283368
    Fair enough then thanks! I wont be preordering then ^_^

Would've been too nice of a thing to have it release early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA.

10+ months of Argus/Antorus! Called it.

This company just can't do it can they?

The drought is real losers. Here come the White Knights.
    You seem like a pleasant fellow
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I think trying to get 1 of each of the 4 allied races to 110 will be more than enough to keep me busy until BFA to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHA.

10+ months of Argus/Antorus! Called it.

This company just can't do it can they?

The drought is real losers. Here come the White Knights.
    Yes, drought. With 4 new races, a new bg and a revamped area with quests that will advance the story. Yeah. Drought.

Also Nov. 28th -> September 21st = 10+ months? Do you even math?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    This is always the shithead response I wait for someone to post. Once players are done in game stuff THEY ENJOY DOING OR EVEN WANT TO TAKE PART IN there is nothing left for them to do until next xpac. Yes; there are other things in game they can do but if they have zero interest in doing them they won't. Especially shit like are you 11/11m? Man like 3% of the entire fucking player base even attempts and or even cares about this. Have you unlocked every class hall campaign and or weapons? There are a ton of players who only play 1 character and have zero ambition in playing other classes.
    Then just take a break? There are probably millions of other players who still have shit to do in Legion. should they get shafted because a few people play 1 class or 24/7 wow and are done with anything relevant in the game? Before you reply, i've already done the list except for gladiator which i probably won't pursue since i don't pvp anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus was released on August 12th. That was the last meaningful content we got. Then Antorus was time gated for 2 months.

How many Sithilus quests are there? Count them with 1 hand.

New BG is locked. Time-gated to save face for the drought.

You don't have to defend it dude. You just need to accept that they failed, again. They literally can't do it. Time and time again they say they'll reduce the drought but once again we're here.

12 months. (10 if u count Antorus).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I am taking a break.

Doesn't excuse the fact they failed again. I WANT to be playing this game. There's no content though so....

Here comes the drought.
    It is irrelevant if it is time gated or not. The fact remains: the last meaning patch of content became playable in nov 28th, and it was antorus. And it was a raid. Through your reasoning, previous last patches would not be considered content because they did not come with a zone (3.3, 4.3) (which is pretty stupid to say.)

Saying something is time gated is not an argument, is sorry excuse for one. If you cannot play it, and will be able to in a couple of weeks, it is new content. Ofc i will be against extreme time gating, but that is not what we are seeing here with raids.

For your argument to make ANY sense, you must think that we are not getting raids quick enough, but feedback from the community seems to think that the pace of the raids were good, if not a little bit faster than they would like(EN and ToV come to mind). So, with that in mind, this means that the timegating of argus was something that the community benefited from. So if your point was that they should be made available sooner, it is a bad one.

And do not forget the new races, they are content. Content that people were actually anxious for.

The new BG is content too. I do not even think that it was tested in the PTR yet.

IF ANY of those things were by themselves (if we just got one new BG, or just the races, or just silithus) I would be able to agree with you. But that is clearly not the case.

Even if you choose to be dishonest and claim that all of the above COMBINED is not content, 9 months and 24 days is one of the smallest "droughts" that we faced.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2018-01-31 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Grammar

If I was going to bet I would say late July for the pre patch. Either July 24th or 31st.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2018-01-31 at 02:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again.

Allied races are the laziest we've ever seen. They are also BfA content. Locked behind a $60 pay AND rep grind wall. Then you have to either pay for a race change or experience the new level scaling(good change).

I am keen to level a new race with mates but will unsub shortly after. Came back to see I am only reverred with Army/Argussian. GG rep grind ahead. Totally different issue.

The BG has been PTR tested. Extensively. Check Youtube. That's why people are confused as to why it wasn't released. It's also a hastily constructed one.

Once again. Antorus was gated. It took way longer to come out than ToS in the timeline of things. It is also JUST raid content. There is no other content for that 10 months.

Argus is terrible, terrible grind content. It has no substance. Cannot carry the game.

A drought is a drought is a drought. It should NEVER exceed 6 months. They've stated it before. They failed again. Accept and move on.
    Ok, so you are actually suggesting that the final raid on the expasion should be ONLY 6 months? Yeah, no. If you are expecting less than 6 months between the last BIG patch and an expansion, you are simply insane. Not to mention, in patch 3.3 and 4.3 we got JUST raids and dungeons. There were no zones, so i guess they were not big patches because you say so? Raids are the main content of WoW.

Also, the bit about allied races are your opinion. It does not matter what you think, they are content. Yeah, they are behind a pay wall, but if you never pay for it, the drought will last forever, so this argument is pretty nonsensical.

And once again, it does not matter if it was timegated. They delayed for a couple of weeks because of blizzcon and thanksgiving, for obvious reasons.

Argus being terrible is your opinion, it is still content.

You don't get to define when it becomes a drought.

The fact remains:

There are 4 new races
    1 new BGs
    Quests that will serve as an epilogue to legion

Those combined, are a pretty solid addition to the game.

I don't know what everyone is bitching about. If you're bored then take a break and play something else. WoW will still be here for those interested in September.

Late September is the perfect time for Bfa to release, from my point of view. I don't want to play during the summer and fall behind because of that.