Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    ALL MY TOONS ARE GONE!!

So i log in and now every single character i have is gone, missing.

Anyone else having this problem?
    relax, all have that issue. What sucks more is that i didn't get the ach for doing the nightborne quest line for unlocking the race, got the mount though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log out get your bnet launcher up its patching now...got too realm list again ..got on realm ..still no characters ..
    Last edited by MouseD; 2018-01-30 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    It's literally everyone that wasn't logged in when the servers started doing this. Both NA and EU regions. Both people who have preordered and people who have not.
    It seems a little inconsistent. I played on my lunch break about two hours ago and had no problems then (I do now), while I am seeing people tweeting that they've been having the issue for nine hours. Also, I know at least one person right now who is still able to freely log in and out.

So I don't know what is causing it and what makes some people immune. It's definitely widespread, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Log out get your bnet launcher up its patching now
    No idea what the patch did but I installed it and it didn't change the issue for me personally.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Log out get your bnet launcher up its patching now
    patched, still isn't fixed. window user here

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Blizzard is doing a hard reset today, all characters got deleted :P.
    Can you imagine if that actually happened? I wonder if people would start again or quit in disgust.

shit i had no clue the allied races were gonna be out today. thats awesome. making a void elf asap

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    It's been like this for an hour now. Very odd. No recognition by blizz either.
    If you go to the front page of this site, there are multiple on the US blue posts tracker showing replies by blizzard staff.
    Far from not being recognised.

And this has hit both US and EU it would appear at a similar, if not identical time.
    Appears to be network or database related.

Patch not fixed it, which to be honest I wasn't expecting unless it was to change with which servers it was communicating.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2018-01-30 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Part of me hopes it stays this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplefoxez View Post
    patched, still isn't fixed. window user here
    Yep same thing no characters...

Yea this has happened a few times before. it just server overload. Either that or 4 more character slots is breaking the game

I just went a had it check for "Update" and it's has a new patch to Download. *Crossfingers*

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god its not just me!

Oh boy has someone at blizz fucked up today! First the pre order fiasco and now this!
    I'm in the same boat. Preorder fucked up for me (my CC was charged multiple times despite each attempt giving me an 'internal error, please try again') and when I decide 'eh screw BFA I'll just work on my gnomes' all my gnomes are gone.

Yeah, I know it'll be fixed. But its one of the rare days where I'm legit pissed at them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It seems a little inconsistent. I played on my lunch break about two hours ago and had no problems then (I do now), while I am seeing people tweeting that they've been having the issue for nine hours. Also, I know at least one person right now who is still able to freely log in and out.

So I don't know what is causing it and what makes some people immune. It's definitely widespread, though.
    Hmm, I don't know. I was logged in and playing two hours ago as well and had no issues, logged out to eat dinner and when I came back my characters/servers were missing. It's still this way for me.

My husband has the same issue, checked with my friends who play (even in EU) who are having the same issue, and none of my Bnet friends are currently online.

Official forums, reddit and Twitter are also swamped with pages and threads full of people unable to log in.

This seems to be a completely different issue from the preorder issue that people are having, which is that people paying with credit/debit cards are getting failed transactions and while Blizzard won't take the money from them, it's preauthorizing through their bank who will hold it for 12-48 hours before releasing it. People paying with something like Paypal aren't having any issue.

They wanted everyone to be at the same stage for unlocking allied races so they deleted all chars and removed all achievements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axtanax View Post
    Part of me hopes it stays this way.
    Don't know why i got that feeling too..
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

I sometimes wonder what i would do if blizz did wipe all my toons and achievements with no way to restore them.
    I think most people would rage a lot, then quit, then return and begrudgingly level new chars :P

how the fuck do they manage to shit up every big launch like this? why?

they have had 5mil+ people for years. you'd think they would learn from that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Adding my name to the annoyed people that can't log in right now due to the characters missing bug. I normally wouldn't care, but I had a certain window to play today and that window comes to a close in 15 minutes or so. If there was any news that they'd be down for X amount of time that would be one thing, but the blue post said to log in and wait on either the character screen or server screen for several minutes and they'd come up. Yeah, that didn't happen. Still a black screen.

Currently, the best recommendation is to leave the game open on the screen - character/realm, till it loads. May take a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how the fuck do they manage to shit up every big launch like this? why?
    they have had 5mil+ people for years. you'd think they would learn from that.
    Shit can happen when you launch things (such a increased amount of char slots) outside of a controlled little box.